Give Feeley a Shot | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Feeley a Shot

rookieholdout

Rookie Holdout
Reaction score
I know everybody is probably sick of these Feeley threads but I couldnt help myself. I think it would be a mistake to draft smith at #2. I think we havent given feeley a chance to prove whta hes worth. I think if we draft smith we will have the same "problem" san diego has last year. They drafted a quarterback with their first pick and brees had a pro bowl year. The difference is we dont have the luxury to not get a rb like them bc they already had tomlinson. so before we draft a quarteback we should at least give feeley a shot and fill our most desperate need which is rb IMO. Just some extra info, these are feeleys stats from last year compared to brees numbers in 2003 the year before his awesome year:
YEAR TEAM G GS CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT
2004 MIA 11 8 191 356 53.7 1893 5.3 11 38 15 61.7
2003 SD 11 11 205 356 57.6 2108 5.9 11 68 15 67.5

one thing though.

Alex Smith is only 20. This means he could have up to 20 years in this league. That is great "value" as Saban would say. Also Smith is a project not an immediate starter. That would mean that Feeley would get his shot this year to prove himself. If he amounts to anything then either some other team will trade for him or he might just play a third year while Smith sits on the bench till he is 23 (a pretty average age for a rookie QB).

I am all for giving Feeley a chance, I think he needs it. But I ahve to say a QB is probably the smartest pick in a draft loaded with RBs.

Ideally I would want to trade down and pick up one of the 3 Rbs

I see your point, specially the part of Smith only being 20 years old and feeley coming to the end of his career. The problem is there have been so many qbs drafted highly and ended up to be total busts that i just want to go with the safest choice which is brown and i know he will have an immediate impact.

rookieholdout said:
I see your point, specially the part of Smith only being 20 years old and feeley coming to the end of his career. The problem is there have been so many qbs drafted highly and ended up to be total busts that i just want to go with the safest choice which is brown and i know he will have an immediate impact.
Feeley coming to the end of his career? As in, he's pushing 30? Or as in, he won't cut it as a starter?

that didnt come out right. i meant more in the sense that we wont be able to get the 15-20 years a qb can have in the nfl.

You go safe and become average, 8-8, work at a mediocre job. YOu take a risky chance and blow up or fall flat on your face. Me, I would rather go out in blaze of glory then face a slow dry rot. Greatness does not come from the safe choices your make but rather the calculated and gutsy risks inherent in all arenas of excellence. So if you want warmth and security go home to mama!

OR we could pick brown at two which is the SAFE choice and go 10-6 make the playoffs, and you and your bust can play in nfl europe.

We did not make the playofffs with a star back like Ricky, what makes you think brown is better than pothead. Please, RB have never won SB. Defense and QBs have.

If you want safe and secure go home to momma, life is tuff and you have to take huge risks to succeed.

He is 28 going on 29 and he is still a rookie with half of his pro life passed by.

rookieholdout said:

Every position is a risk to draft. I don't know the success rate of QB's taken outside of the 1st rd but I would think it's far worse than the rate of the 1st rd QB's. There are two elite RB's available for 2nd rd picks, and Corey Dillon another elite RB cost the Pats a 2nd rd pick, while Aj Feeley cost a 2nd rd pick. It's about value, and with the best RB in the NFL atleast in 2002 the Phins were not a playoff team with a below average-average Qb, which is what Feeley is right now. I think Mike Williams is the best player in the draft, and he probably is the safest choice because of his size, but while it is nice to make a safe pick, they tend to be the players who don't have as much potential.

grendel said:
He is 28 going on 29 and he is still a rookie with half of his pro life passed by.
We spent a 2nd round pick on a 28 year old? Damn....
The more I see Saban at work, the angrier I am at Wanny and Spielman. And I always used to support them! :fire:

LostInPatsLand said:
We spent a 2nd round pick on a 28 year old? Damn....

It was a stupid trade...

Back
Top Bottom