Give Flores a break | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Flores a break

broccoli rob

Active Roster
Reaction score
Spinoff thread!

I'll say this. We all KNEW this was tank season. Ross warned us there would be growing pains. There are not many coaches could handle what we are currently going through the way Flores is. He seems pretty grounded. Gase threw half of his team under the bus in Week 1 in NY and his poor QB is still a baby with the chicken pox. The tank obviously couldn't be done with Gase, regardless if Flo is the future or not. I will evaluate him on how he works in Rosen, Williams, and certain defensive youngsters. Other then that, Flo deserves some credit for how he is handling this disaster. The tank is not all on Flores, yet he has to be accountable. A+ job. I'd consider starting Rosen before the bye, but this has been managed about as well as you could hope.

Last edited:
A+ Job by what criteria? Is he supposed to actively be trying to get crushed every week? Or trying to do the best with what he's given? Genuinely curious.

Flo and staff ignoring the tank is pretty annoying. But look back at Ross's comments before this season. Flores was hired to handle this tank, Ross thought he was best equipped to handle an attempt at keeping a locker room together through a disaster season.

A+ job for Flores... We've been outscored 102-10 through two games.

With all due respect OP, you're out of your god damn mind.

Flores was HIRED KNOWING THE PLAN, KNOWING THE TANK. Do you already forget that Ross was pitching tanking for a QB as a perk during coach meetings? Do you forget Ross was looking for coaches that were specifically comfortable with short term pain, as in, tanking in 2019?

Just because you have not paid any attention to what is going on does not make me out of my mind, "with all due respect".

Last edited:
Spinoff thread!

I'll say this. We all KNEW this was tank season. Ross warned us there would be growing pains. There are not many coaches could handle what we are currently going through the way Flores is. He seems pretty grounded. Gase threw half of his team under the bus in Week 1 in NY and his poor QB is still a baby with the chicken pox. The tank obviously couldn't be done with Gase, regardless if Flo is the future or not. I will evaluate him on how he works in Rosen, Williams, and certain defensive youngsters. Other then that, Flo deserves some credit for how he is handling this disaster. The tank is not all on Flores, yet he has to be accountable. A+ job. I'd consider starting Rosen before the bye, but this has been managed about as well as you could hope.
Give him a break , what is he trying to accomplish

Tanking is a very slippery slope. You have to be bad enough to lose but good enough to keep your fans interested and going to the games. At the same time we are dumping bad contracts and players that were not worth the money we were paying them. So our roster is depleted and we are simply not very good on paper. Also remember, we just played the World Champions and we, for right now, are the World's Worst.

Give him a break , what is he trying to accomplish

Flores is our best shot at holding together a lockerroom during what was due to be a disaster season. We had to rid ourselves of all veterans, even some young talent. This team needed a reset, Ross needed a coach that would take over an expansion team because that is what we are at this point. In THAT context, Flores has done a hell of a job through 2 games. He was a solid pick as a coach considering what this team is trying to do this year.

Flores was HIRED KNOWING THE PLAN, KNOWING THE TANK. Do you already forget that Ross was pitching tanking for a QB as a perk during coach meetings? Do you forget Ross was looking for coaches that were specifically comfortable with short term pain, as in, tanking in 2019?

Just because you have not paid any attention to what is going on does not make me out of my mind, "with all due respect"

I don't understand what it's going to take for people to get this through their heads: There is a different between gutting the team and rebuilding, and what we're seeing here. What you do if you're planning on tanking is unload as many veteran contracts as you can, while building around the young talent you possess--particularly if that young talent is under control for years on dirt cheap rookie contracts.

That's not what's happening here. We're alienating and unloading our blue chip young talent, which isn't how you properly manage a tank job. It also needs to be stressed, what we're seeing on Sundays with this team, isn't just a tank job, it is historically bad football.

Even if you're aiming for the first pick in the draft, you still want to see certain things: good preparation, a good game plan, can the coach motivate the team, can the coach manage the clock, can the coach make proper adjustments, etc. Even if you're losing games because you don't have the talent, you still need to see the coach light a fire under the guys he has. Will they play hard for him? We're not seeing any of that. Flores is way out of his depth. And if he and Grier are left in charge at the end of this season, this franchise is going to pay for it for the next decade plus.

The fact you say Flores gets an A+ so far would be downright laughable, if it wasn't so absurd and such a sad reflection of what the fans of this franchise have come to expect. Then again, there were folks on this forum defending Cam Cameron after the 1-15 season in 2007, so maybe it shouldn't come as a surprise. The more things change, the more things stay the same.

Tanking is a very slippery slope. You have to be bad enough to lose but good enough to keep your fans interested and going to the games. At the same time we are dumping bad contracts and players that were not worth the money we were paying them. So our roster is depleted and we are simply not very good on paper. Also remember, we just played the World Champions and we, for right now, are the World's Worst.

That ship has sailed! You are crying over spilled milk. The tank has been put in place since January and its evident we are tanking. Debating whether or not tanking is the right move is ridiculous at this point, your argument is too late. You should've been posting this in December bro

What’s the NFL record for worst point differential in a season?
Because whatever it is, it’s about to be in 2nd place.

Back
Top Bottom