Give Flores a break | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Flores a break

We are an expansion team.... remember when the Tampa Bay Bucs cam into the league?
Yes and they filled lowlight reels w plays like the Ballage pick 6. It’s the first thing I thought of when that imbecile bobbled the ball into the LBs hands. ‍♂️

Yes. I want your non existent point explained. I'm not the only one in here telling you your point is a tad wrong. But keep up the arrogance and believing you're smarter than me and others.

All I did was give Flores some credit for handling the disaster he was handed. This dude just won the Super Bowl and shut down what most considered was the most dynamic offensive in the league, why would such an accomplished individual need to come here, or even worse, listen to a fool like you?

I have no intention of "outsmarting" anyone, just trying to give our coach a little credit. Way to project, though!

Yes. I want your non existent point explained. I'm not the only one in here telling you your point is a tad wrong. But keep up the arrogance and believing you're smarter than me and others.

You aren't the only one, you are in great company

All I did was give Flores some credit for handling the disaster he was handed. This dude just won the Super Bowl and shut down what most considered was the most dynamic offensive in the league, why would such an accomplished individual need to come here, or even worse, listen to a fool like you?

I have no intention of "outsmarting" anyone, just trying to give our coach a little credit. Way to project, though!
So I'm a fool? Attack the post, not the poster please.

I asked a simple question. You got your lovely panties in a bunch, I'm not entirely sure why. You started a thread, I asked a question, you should really expect that on a message board, and try not to lash out.

Yes. He won a Superbowl. He doesn't get credit here, for what he did there. I haven't seen a team which is well prepared here. I have read about players who want out. So, no, I don't see that he deserves an A+, as you stated.

You've given no evidence to support your claim, rather you've just got angry, dismissive and abusive with someone for having the temerity to ask for some evidence.

I will criticize Flores because his own predetermined QB decision is a big reason why the Dolphins are such a laughingstock. It was evident week one of preseason that Flores was microscopic and silly in his criticisms of Rosen since the same minor things he criticized Rosen for have been components of Fitz's career for 15 years. Rosen outplayed Fitz in the preseason and by all logic on a rebuilding team should have started week one. Fitzpatrick was terrible in the week three dress rehearsal for most of the game, Flores just left hm in long enough for him to mount a single drive (compared to Rosen's numerous scoring drives throughout the preseason) which he could hang a hat on and act like Fitz "won" the job.

We would have gotten crushed week one with the way the defense played regardless of QB, but Fitz didn't really help by completing less than 50 percent and throwing an inexcusable pick for a veteran QB. The defense kept this game in hand well into the game, as much as you could ever expect someone to be against the Patriots. We had only allowed 23 points throughout the bulk of the game, and that was with the offense having a three and out nearly every single drive and the Patriot's offense thus having countless opportunities.

The result is that we're now an historically bad team and every player on this offense now has that stigma. Ten points in two weeks. We've given up 102. Players on this offense have now adopted that. You see it in Grant, Williams, and Ballage dropping passes in the 4th quarter. The plan was likely to imagine that the offense would gel somewhat getting used to the absence of Stills and Tunsil for a couple weeks, but that was a stupid plan. The evidence was there that Fitzpatrick would be just this bad because that's what he put on the field in preseason to anyone actually knowing what they were looking for. The offense under Rosen has produced almost as many yards in 2 quarters as Fitz has in 6, and this with talented, unrelenting coaching staffs on the other side knowing exactly what's coming and not even having to play honest with Rosen in there.

Flores shall get no pass. He made this bed. He wanted it. The evidence was there that it would turn out like this. He ignored it and did what he wanted anyway. That's because he's second-rate. A second rate coach will still be second rate even if we draft 4 first rounders next year.

That is exactly what i'm saying.

Yes, this is the worst team i've ever watched, as well. However, it's important to remember Flores was hired because Ross thought he can handle this disaster 2019 season. He is doing the best he can with a sinking ship. Being willing to endure this season, which all staff knew was coming, likely got him the job. In that context, he is pretty good. Not ALL coaches could handle talking to the media with the worst team in history.

That is my point.

Doing exactly what the best he can?
Showing he is a full of crap horrendous HC removing any self respect one could have?
We agree

I will criticize Flores because his own predetermined QB decision is a big reason why the Dolphins are such a laughingstock. It was evident week one of preseason that Flores was microscopic and silly in his criticisms of Rosen since the same minor things he criticized Rosen for have been components of Fitz's career for 15 years. Rosen outplayed Fitz in the preseason and by all logic on a rebuilding team should have started week one. Fitzpatrick was terrible in the week three dress rehearsal for most of the game, Flores just left hm in long enough for him to mount a single drive (compared to Rosen's numerous scoring drives throughout the preseason) which he could hang a hat on and act like Fitz "won" the job.

We would have gotten crushed week one with the way the defense played regardless of QB, but Fitz didn't really help by completing less than 50 percent and throwing an inexcusable pick for a veteran QB. The defense kept this game in hand well into the game, as much as you could ever expect someone to be against the Patriots. We had only allowed 23 points throughout the bulk of the game, and that was with the offense having a three and out nearly every single drive and the Patriot's offense thus having countless opportunities.

The result is that we're now an historically bad team and every player on this offense now has that stigma. Ten points in two weeks. We've given up 102. Players on this offense have now adopted that. You see it in Grant, Williams, and Ballage dropping passes in the 4th quarter. The plan was likely to imagine that the offense would gel somewhat getting used to the absence of Stills and Tunsil for a couple weeks, but that was a stupid plan. The evidence was there that Fitzpatrick would be just this bad because that's what he put on the field in preseason to anyone actually knowing what they were looking for. The offense under Rosen has produced almost as many yards in 2 quarters as Fitz has in 6, and this with talented, unrelenting coaching staffs on the other side knowing exactly what's coming and not even having to play honest with Rosen in there.

Flores shall get no pass. He made this bed. He wanted it. The evidence was there that it would turn out like this. He ignored it and did what he wanted anyway. That's because he's second-rate. A second rate coach will still be second rate even if we draft 4 first rounders next year.

The McCain to free safety was strike one for me.
Fitz over Rosen was strike two
The piss poor scheming, game plan, no adjustments, and play calling leading to back to back embarrassments are strike 3. I’m done with the guy. He’s actually worse than Cam Cameron.

The piss poor scheming, game plan, no adjustments, and play calling leading to back to back embarrassments are strike 3. I’m done with the guy. He’s actually worse than Cam Cameron.
Return in 3-5 years when you think he'll be gone

You know what, I will give him a break. He may be setting the Dolphins franchise back years, but he's made it really easy to win my fantasy matchups by just picking whomever is playing the Dolphins that week.

If the plan is to tank, I'd say they are ahead of schedule and under budget. A+ job.

Return in 3-5 years when you think he'll be gone

Ya, because anyone whose upset with the current situation or disagrees with you should just leave right? For the record I don’t think hell Make it 3 years, guaranteed contract or not.

It's hard for me to even compare this team to 2007. We had some blowouts that year but the team was overall not uncompetitive a lot of games, and much of our failure to produce offensively throughout the year had everything to do with the starting QB's being a UDFA and a QB of the future who was over his head and flat out couldn't play in this league. To top it off, we had devestating injuries.

I've lived through the Dolphins being a bad team but I still got joy out of watching the games all except for this year and when Jay Cutler was starting.

How can you evaluate the coach after 2 games. Give me a break. They have a plan, they work with the guys and see them all week. How do you or any one outside of the team knows what's best? I felt all along that Rosen was going to start after the bye given the turnover of players especially the line.

It's hard for me to even compare this team to 2007. We had some blowouts that year but the team was overall not uncompetitive a lot of games, and much of our failure to produce offensively throughout the year had everything to do with the starting QB's being a UDFA and a QB of the future who was over his head and flat out couldn't play in this league. To top it off, we had devestating injuries.

I've lived through the Dolphins being a bad team but I still got joy out of watching the games all except for this year and when Jay Cutler was starting.

Ronnie brown was tearing it up before he got injured, He at least made it interesting to watch. I’m with you about the Cutler year and this year. I cancelled Sunday ticket both years and saved the $300. I was hoping Rosen would make this year somewhat watchable but Flores is in over his head and will Continue making bad decisions that make us a global punchline. If the fire stick ever works I’ll tune in when we’re playing the lesser of opponents but otherwise I’ll get updates fro here and nfl.com.

Back
Top Bottom