Give Gesicki an Evaluation Game | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Gesicki an Evaluation Game

There was so much garbage heaped upon Gesicki...

'He's shaped all wrong' was among the silliest things that were said...

But most of it came down to childish impatience. The meat-head squad wanted him to be elite and be elite right now, dammit! ...and if he's not, well then he is garbage!!!

I have to laugh at these guys. ...and feel sorry for them.

Mostly...

Pats are going through this with Harry right now. 1st round pick WR can't see the field on a team that sucks at WR and the fans and some of the media are labeling him a bust. Maybe he just needs some development??

Pats are going through this with Harry right now. 1st round pick WR can't see the field on a team that sucks at WR and the fans and some of the media are labeling him a bust. Maybe he just needs some development??
They used to talk about the third year breakout when it came to WRs and TEs... it was considered normal, but these days, fans want instant gratification.

It's kind of sad.

Gotta give him props, he has come a long way. Like hoops said, the dude is a hard worked.

Would be cool to have double Penn St TEs for awhile and see if they can dominate. Parker and Preston. Two good tight ends. We've got some weapons brewing for a young qb

He’s a lot further along than gesicki was last year.

Pats fans want to blame something. They should blame Gronk. He’s the missing piece

I just gotta say this one more time.

Dur hur baby giraffe....

I think he lacks on field strength, he is uncoordinated, and he has very little fluidity.

The statistics I mention are actual production...receptions/yards/tds. I think it is easier to say we failed with this pick (****ing Gase) and move on to look for a new TE in the 2021 draft class.

Great post....

HahahahahahHha

Great post....

HahahahahahHha

He's made a great deal of improvement and I am impressed. I will always be happy to be wrong when giving a negative evaluation of one of our players. One less hole to fill, extremely happy we have a staff that is allowing him to play to his strengths. I hope he continues to develop and others can mock me for the evals.

I think people like to call out others when they are wrong about a player...it is going to happen 50% of the time, it is why no team hits on all their picks, or even all of their day 1 and 2 picks. So, call me out, that is fine, I'm a man and will admit when I am wrong about a player and Gesicki is proving me wrong, great job by him.

There was so much garbage heaped upon Gesicki...

'He's shaped all wrong' was among the silliest things that were said...

But most of it came down to childish impatience. The meat-head squad wanted him to be elite and be elite right now, dammit! ...and if he's not, well then he is garbage!!!

I have to laugh at these guys. ...and feel sorry for them.

Mostly...

I try to block these lemmings mentally. I still read them occasionally. Who knows, even a blind pig can sometimes find a nut.

I try to block these lemmings mentally. I still read them occasionally. Who knows, even a blind pig can sometimes find a nut.

Heh! There are 4 or 5 posters on here that make me laugh. Impatient, shallow... quick to demonize anyone who even marginally disagrees with them.

I've always associated these traits with Raider fans, but then again, I lived in California for most of my life.

I don't block them, because you are correct, they do find a nut once in awhile, but I don't generally engage them. There's no gain in that.

Heh! There are 4 or 5 posters on here that make me laugh. Impatient, shallow... quick to demonize anyone who even marginally disagrees with them.

I've always associated these traits with Raider fans, but then again, I lived in California for most of my life.

I don't block them, because you are correct, they do find a nut once in awhile, but I don't generally engage them. There's no gain in that.

Your right.

Arguing with fools is doomed to failure. It brings you down to their level of misunderstanding where they beat you with their experience in verbal mumblypeg.

He's made a great deal of improvement and I am impressed. I will always be happy to be wrong when giving a negative evaluation of one of our players. One less hole to fill, extremely happy we have a staff that is allowing him to play to his strengths. I hope he continues to develop and others can mock me for the evals.

I think people like to call out others when they are wrong about a player...it is going to happen 50% of the time, it is why no team hits on all their picks, or even all of their day 1 and 2 picks. So, call me out, that is fine, I'm a man and will admit when I am wrong about a player and Gesicki is proving me wrong, great job by him.
I don’t think we were wrong about the player. Sure he’s gotten stronger and maybe more confident but the change has been in usage more than anything.
In college he didn’t run any routes. No inline blocking.
He won on athleticism, size, leaping, high pointing the ball. This is what we’ve started to see because we may have a competent staff.

I don’t think we were wrong about the player. Sure he’s gotten stronger and maybe more confident but the change has been in usage more than anything.
He won on athleticism, size, leaping, high pointing the ball. This is what we’ve started to see because we may have a competent staff.

He's made strides, he obviously has the work ethic and at the point when I made that evaluation, he wasn't the player we have seen the last month. Great for him and I hope he continues to develop. It is a nice weapon to have.

He was more zamboni than football player last year.

Way to man up Brother! Classy... :up:

Back
Top Bottom