Give Gesicki an Evaluation Game | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Gesicki an Evaluation Game

He was more zamboni than football player last year.
Didnt make sense - reports from training camp were he dominated-
Then early- was it Week 1?- he loses at goaline on a backshoulder- INT the other way. After that he disappeared. Gase was terrible. All we saw were predictable end zone fades. Literally worst playcall in book.

I get that we have to try and balance the offense and the QBs are trying to run through their progressions, but I kinda wish Chad O'Shea would try to give Gesicki a chance at a breakout game...maybe try to scheme him open multiple times in the same game. The coaching staff seems happy with his progress from last year to this year, but I would love to see what he could really do if he was targeted in the double digits. I want to see the kid featured for one game to see how he responds.

Of course, that's predicated on the offense being able to hold onto the ball long enough to maximize snaps and the offensive line actually providing some time.

How about that game they unleach Gesicki being against the Patriots?

Basically doing them a favor to see how it feels to see a TE that takes over a game, where you know he is about to get it again, and again, yet too helpless to do anything about it.

Basically, turn it around on the Patriots, allowing them to know what it feels like to be on the oppisite side of the Gronk effect.

On top of that, it will be the last game, where we know (considering how it is looking) they will need to win, to get home field advantage against teams like the Ravens and Chiefs.

They used to talk about the third year breakout when it came to WRs and TEs... it was considered normal, but these days, fans want instant gratification.

It's kind of sad.
The same can be said for QB's, at one time they would carry the clipboard, sometimes for a few years before they would see the field. Those days seem to be over, with the win now or else mentality, the coaches don't have the luxury of properly developing on a new QB. They're thrown into the fire immediately, in most cases to their detriment. Times have certainly changed...

The same can be said for QB's, at one time they would carry the clipboard, sometimes for a few years before they would see the field. Those days seem to be over, with the win now or else mentality, the coaches don't have the luxury of properly developing on a new QB. They're thrown into the fire immediately, in most cases to their detriment. Times have certainly changed...

I think that OUR coach might have that luxury, he got the 5 year contract and he's already shown that he can coach his players up.

Because of this belief, my draft board has more players from positions that take a bit of time.

As always... I could be sooo wrong, but I'm hoping we avoid the flash players who are about as good right now as they'll ever be.

Patience... patience... patience...

Yes, I know that we've been awful for so long, but this is a new beginning. Dont be stupid... build for the decade, not for the now.

Gesicki took a beating from many Miami fans for not coming out of the gate strong. Sometimes it takes players time to develop, time to mature and having a coach, who knows how to use a player to his strengths. Gesicki is looking like he's going to be a very good player for Miami moving forward. Glad to see him excelling under the tutelage of this coaching staff.

He's made a great deal of improvement and I am impressed. I will always be happy to be wrong when giving a negative evaluation of one of our players. One less hole to fill, extremely happy we have a staff that is allowing him to play to his strengths. I hope he continues to develop and others can mock me for the evals.

I think people like to call out others when they are wrong about a player...it is going to happen 50% of the time, it is why no team hits on all their picks, or even all of their day 1 and 2 picks. So, call me out, that is fine, I'm a man and will admit when I am wrong about a player and Gesicki is proving me wrong, great job by him.

Way to man up. The problem was, you came into just about every gesicki thread and repeated that same take over and over. It deserved a call out.

Everyone on this board has been wrong about different players including me. Nobody will be right 100% of the time even tho there's a few posters here who like to think they're always right. I wanted us to draft Goedert but I'm glad Gesicki's doing better this year as far as catching the football. He's being asked to do what he does best....what a concept. So glad Gase is gone.

I think one thing people forget is the jump in talent, scouting and game-planning from college to the NFL. In college McSorely just threw balls up and Gesicki; who was a better athlete than pretty much anyone out there; could out jump the defense and bring it down. Nobody could high point with him on defense and never contested his catches.

Now you are with people who will work every second of the day to shut you down, and it takes confidence in every sport when it comes to the highest level. You have to know you can trust your strengths and beat people with your abilities. And when you arent put in spots to do that you can have doubts, just watching him in the last 5/6 weeks he is far more aggressive at going to get the ball and is getting his feet and confidence under him. I mean when he tried to leap that guy on Sunday, that wasnt to be flashy that was a guy going oh I am bigger faster and more athletic than you and I am going to take this to the house. Along with that he had what 2 balls he just went and high pointed, he is feeling he belongs as a good trending to great playmaker. Cant wait to see when his talent becomes skill from the effort he puts forward.

Last edited:
What I like about Miami's coaching staff, is how they've taken every player and have put them in position to succeed. McMillan, Rowe, Parker, as well as, Gesicki. He's playing as if he's back at Penn State, because he's in his comfort zone. Gesicki was a jump ball player and Miami has now capitalized on that. They've trusted the player. Gesicki has also shown marked improvement in his overall game. From what I've been told, Gesicki loves playing in Miami, loves Flores and is very close with Ryan Fitzpatrick. Add that all up and you get a recipe for success.

Feet under him is the key. Feet under his pad level. It’s night and day better than last year.

I noticed that in the preseason.

Way to man up. The problem was, you came into just about every gesicki thread and repeated that same take over and over. It deserved a call out.

You can’t be called out if you don’t ever put yourself out there

Doogie

You can’t be called out if you don’t ever put yourself out there

Doogie

I'm not here to gain accolades from internet forum "experts". I stand by the saying, "It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt ".

That being said, I'm pretty sure I put myself out there by defending Gesicki. so there's that...hoopie

Last edited:

I am happy you remembered, I am glad my take had an impact.

If no one offered an opinion then the forum would be rather boring, I will also point out that based on the previous season and what he had done early in the season, that take was not off. Players make the improvement, Gesicki's legendary work ethic is making a big difference in his game.

I don't go looking for accolades, I never search through threads for the I told you so's and there are a number of them, I offer an opinion, I watch the games for entertainment. Agree, disagree, we will discuss and all can enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom