Give Gesicki an Evaluation Game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Gesicki an Evaluation Game

He will get better once Tua is pegging the football in his facemask.

Why? When has the best hands on the team from the reciever and RB position...Think about that! Better yet...look it..

I mean, we act like we are not already trying to do these things.

@datruth55 posted a chart of all the TE's drafted after him who have been more productive in the NFL and it seems like it is almost all of them.

I mean, we act like we are not already trying to do these things.

@datruth55 posted a chart of all the TE's drafted after him who have been more productive in the NFL and it seems like it is almost all of them.

Now answer the question is that because of lack of talent on his part?
Someone else posted a statistics that says he's top in the league at getting open..
What are the attempts his way? How many is he catching and dropping?

Now answer the question is that because of lack of talent on his part?
Someone else posted a statistics that says he's top in the league at getting open..

I think he lacks on field strength, he is uncoordinated, and he has very little fluidity.

The statistics I mention are actual production...receptions/yards/tds. I think it is easier to say we failed with this pick (****ing Gase) and move on to look for a new TE in the 2021 draft class.

I think he lacks on field strength, he is uncoordinated, and he has very little fluidity.

The statistics I mention are actual production...receptions/yards/tds. I think it is easier to say we failed with this pick (****ing Gase) and move on to look for a new TE in the 2021 draft class.

Go back and watch the tape..you're opinion is not adding up! Especially when you're watching the guy running free down the field not to mention out jumping LBs and Safeties ,when bracketed, and still making the insane catch.

You think "littly fluidity, uncoordinated" guys are capable of making those types of plays?

He also made a great catch last week, has a rare ability to make contested catches which he showed at PSU, hasn't dropped a SINGLE pass for the Dolphins as far as I can remember, no big ones at least like Goedert did earlier this year which very well may have cost the overrated Eagles a win, runs faster than AB in a 40, more reps than OT Donald Penn at the combine (not bad for a weakling), taller than Calvin Johnson, and jumps higher than ODB, and put on much needed weight this offseason. He doing aiight.

Go back and watch the tape..you're opinion is not adding up! Especially when you're watching the guy running free down the field not to mention out jumping LBs and Safeties ,when bracketed, and still making the insane catch.

You think "littly fluidity, uncoordinated" guys are capable of making those types of plays?

You can think what you want, but I will still hold on to the idea of watching his uncoordinated ass struggle to get releases on DBs, LBs, trainers...

SO in two years, he has a single dynamic play where he is left uncovered against a shitty team who has one of the worst defensive backfields in the NFL...Yep, let keep that single play inline and resign him long term...he is bound to turn a corner.

He also made a great catch last week, has a rare ability to make contested catches which he showed at PSU, hasn't dropped a SINGLE pass for the Dolphins as far as I can remember, no big ones at least like Goedert did earlier this year which very well may have cost the overrated Eagles a win, runs faster than AB in a 40, more reps than OT Donald Penn at the combine (not bad for a weakling), taller than Calvin Johnson, and jumps higher than ODB, and put on much needed weight this offseason. He doing aiight.

HE has 31 receptions in 21 games...it rare when he makes a ****ing reception.

It is interesting that he has all these attributes, has sooooo much ability, but the QB is going to Preston Williams for his 3rd drop of the day. You think there could be a reason for that?

and my god if I see this post about his combine and how great it was...too bad the NFL isn't just the sprint and jumping against air.

You can think what you want, but I will still hold on to the idea of watching his uncoordinated *** struggle to get releases on DBs, LBs, trainers...

SO in two years, he has a single dynamic play where he is left uncovered against a ****ty team who has one of the worst defensive backfields in the NFL...Yep, let keep that single play inline and resign him long term...he is bound to turn a corner.

That's the thing, i'm not giving my thoughts based on what i "think." It's right there on tape. I've seen some of it. Have you?
If you did then you'd realize how ridicilous your post is regarding the player.

I make it a point to atleast watch a little bit of film, BEFORE, making statements that hold no credibility and looks like i'm just echoing what others that don't look at film are also saying.

Never want to be a part of that crowd.

HE has 31 receptions in 21 games...it rare when he makes a ****ing reception.

It is interesting that he has all these attributes, has sooooo much ability, but the QB is going to Preston Williams for his 3rd drop of the day. You think there could be a reason for that?

and my god if I see this post about his combine and how great it was...too bad the NFL isn't just the sprint and jumping against air.

Catches everything thrown his way, unlike Goedert. He will get more opportunities with catches like he had last week, rare ability for his size.

I get that we have to try and balance the offense and the QBs are trying to run through their progressions, but I kinda wish Chad O'Shea would try to give Gesicki a chance at a breakout game...maybe try to scheme him open multiple times in the same game. The coaching staff seems happy with his progress from last year to this year, but I would love to see what he could really do if he was targeted in the double digits. I want to see the kid featured for one game to see how he responds.

Of course, that's predicated on the offense being able to hold onto the ball long enough to maximize snaps and the offensive line actually providing some time.

on the patriots Gesecki is an All Pro

How does a " he wasn't even a good pass catcher" make two of the most beautiful, tough catches, that very few TEs in the league can make work?
He’s got the ability to make the spectacular catch, leaping ability factors in, but I think the guy is a fumble waiting to happen the way he runs after catch and how he leaves his body open to contact..His linear build is not conducive to precise route running, and his balance is not good..

Back
Top Bottom