Give Gesicki an Evaluation Game | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Gesicki an Evaluation Game

Winning games right now isn't only about Tua but cost us draft position.
There's no benefit of winning a few games..NONE!

If the players ever see you are intentionally loosing as a coaching staff, it is over for those coaches. The players will never, ever trust them again. I could careless about the actual draft position. I am pleased by any win. So tired do the tank for Tua agenda.

He played his best game today and we actually gave him a chance to make some plays, encouraging sign. Hope we continue to utilize him and hope he continues to improve. He definitely can go up and get the ball like the TE we have been waiting for.

Winning games right now isn't only about Tua but cost us draft position.
There's no benefit of winning a few games..NONE!

There's a benefit to knowing that we have a staff that is capable of doing something with the assets we draft. If flo can show progress with this dumpster fire and we happen to won a couple i don't really care about losing 3-4 spots. We need a while lot of pieces and is becoming apparent there's not just 1 highly valuable QB in this draft.

Rooting for this guy big-time, because if he pans out, it really helps Mia moving forward. I had all but given up on him until 3 weeks ago when he started to flash a bit. Yesterday was a great step in the right direction. One other thing I picked up on yesterday watching the Chargers game was the announcers saying they were interviewing Hunter Henry and he went on and on about all of the little things he learned from Gates. How gates "set up" the defense by doing things one way early in the game, then changing it up on big plays down the stretch - kind of the mental aspect to it all. Made me think - Geiseki hasn't had anyone in a Mia uniform capable of mentoring him, so he's really been doing a lot of this on his own. Really hope he can be a legitimate pass-catching TE for Mia, even if it's that off-breed style that doesn't do a lot of OL blocking.

Please prove me wrong Mike, I said I would of traded him and he won’t ever meet the high 2nd round value, I know the kid can make plays above the rim, that’s his strength..

Please prove me wrong Mike, I said I would of traded him and he won’t ever meet the high 2nd round value, I know the kid can make plays above the rim, that’s his strength..

You have no idea..You haven't even seen the deep post yet! It's sweet and it's been open since last year!

You have no idea..You haven't even seen the deep post yet! It's sweet and it's been open since last year!
I do have an idea because I watched almost every rep he’s taken, College and pros,it’s just that I feel like the cons outweigh the pros, especially the liability factor, and tell factor..

I’ve said since college he’s not a tight end, just a very big wide receiver with a specific role..my hope is that the pros over time will outweigh the cons..

Gesicki has always been known for his athleticism, even as a kid growing up. Those jump balls that he caught yesterday, while twisting and turning in the air, are routine for him. It looks like the new coaching staff has incorporated that high catch point into Gesicki's routes. The kids got talent that was wasted under Gase. He's a long strider as a runner and takes up huge chunks of yards once he gets going. Over the last 2 games he looks like he's finally getting his chance.

I do have an idea because I watched almost every rep he’s taken, College and pros,it’s just that I feel like the cons outweigh the pros, especially the liability factor, and tell factor..

I’ve said since college he’s not a tight end, just a very big wide receiver with a specific role..my hope is that the pros over time will outweigh the cons..

He'll never be that "pure TE" whatever that means for the game now. Teams just don't have traditions TE's anymore. The Gronks are rare types.

Gase did hurt his development to some degree. But having him work on his blocking in year 1 was critical for him. His year 2 as a blocker is so much better than last season. I have no doubt he'll continue to work on his core, get even stronger, contact balance, and overall fundementally sounder in the offseason.

He already has the skillsets to be a top "pure" catching TE in the entire league. That's a given..Once he gets some play strenght and contact balance in his game...Look out!

We have three firsts and two seconds, I don’t care about position. I care if Grier can pull it off and not set us back another five to ten years. If he turns into a real GM position won’t matter

One of the sporting sites had an article where the author highlighted what a couple of wins did to the Jets the year they got Darnold. Its too early to judge but most Jets fans are pretty optimistic about having acquired their franchise QB and have no issue with what they had to give up to get that pick. Even so it looks incredibly wasteful in hindsight, with the Colts getting themselves a treasure trove of young, talented players that will be playing for cheap for years to come.

Position clearly matters when there are desirable prospects. There are rare years when it doesn't and Miami ends up with a backup running back but this class looks to have more than enough high end talent. The difference between the first and fifth pick could end up being worth more than every one of those picks Grier has collected.

Back
Top Bottom