Give Gesicki an Evaluation Game | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Gesicki an Evaluation Game

He'll never be that "pure TE" whatever that means for the game now. Teams just don't have traditions TE's anymore. The Gronks are rare types.

Gase did hurt his development to some degree. But having him work on his blocking in year 1 was critical for him. His year 2 as a blocker is so much better than last season. I have no doubt he'll continue to work on his core, get even stronger, contact balance, and overall fundementally sounder in the offseason.

He already has the skillsets to be a top "pure" catching TE in the entire league. That's a given..Once he gets some play strenght and contact balance in his game...Look out!
. I don’t see the blocking improvements to a degree where he can be used in that way without being a liability, he’s flailing and unbalance consistently, def not trustworthy imo..

I also see weaknesses in route running, there is a glaring lack of precision in that Dept, run after catch worries me, as well as ball security..

But there is a space up high that he can own, no one that tall in the NFL has that vertical and if that can be exploited then at least it’s something.

Last edited:
. I don’t see the blocking improvements to a degree where he can be used in that way without being a liability, he’s flailing and unbalance consistently, def not trustworthy imo..

I also see weaknesses in route running, there is a glaring g lack of precision in that Dept, run after catch worries me, as well as ball security..

But there is a space up high that he can own, no one that talk in the Newfie has that very and if that can be exploited then at least it’s something.

That's perfectly fine for us to disagree on some points.
Clearly, he still has a long way to go and it's going to be interesting to watch his development.

He’s trending up. I think the fact he really didn’t flash at all as a rookie ruined it for some. He’s definitely flashing now.

The misuse stuff drives me batty. Outside of the in line ask there’s no difference in what he’s doing this year and last.

kids just worked his ass off and as a result lost some of that clumsiness etc. His feet are under his pads. That’s the biggest difference here.

Well that and maybe some core development to help with his feet staying under his pads.

he’s got some quality hands no doubt about that. You catch the back 3rd of the ball over your head like he has at times and you got some obvious quality mitts.

He's played for an offense and organization that's been a clusterf### both of his seasons. When we finally get a real QB and more overall talent around him he should be a real weapon.

So...A Gesicki hater said...LOL...He's only been doing it against 3rd stringers and undrafted FA LBs...so it doesn't count...:lmfao:

Another one said...They've been letting him get free releases so ofcourse he's going to make plays...therefore it doesn't count...:funny:

Yet one more said...He still doesn't have any TDs and because of that he's the worst TE in the league....:pbj:

You can think what you want, but I will still hold on to the idea of watching his uncoordinated *** struggle to get releases on DBs, LBs, trainers...

SO in two years, he has a single dynamic play where he is left uncovered against a ****ty team who has one of the worst defensive backfields in the NFL...Yep, let keep that single play inline and resign him long term...he is bound to turn a corner.

What's the difference between being uncovered vs. getting separation in your mind?

No W that’s I’ve read all these positive posts about him I reckon he’ll get traded ;)

Get a great QB, Gelsicki will be one of the best TE's in the league, he is a mismatch TE meaning he is hard for CB or linebackers to cover. He has never been or will ever be an inline TE. Lack of production is and was due to the lack of an elite QB, best body control I've seen, twists himself in some awkward positions some times and that may get him hurt at some point.

Position is everything drafting

I like everything you said except that "position is everything drafting".

If you don't have a pick, then position is meaningless because you are not in the game. We now have about twice as many draft picks as most teams, and I believe we will have one or more picks in every round of the draft. This certainly swamps out the position of those draft picks in a round.

Consider our 3 picks in the first round and the reality that 1st round picks do not always prove to be successful. This has to be a much better situation then having only one pick in the first round, no matter what position that pick is in.

The problem is that this is all hearsay currently. We will never know his true potential until he’s playing in a reasonable off with a good QB. He hasn’t had that benefit yet so we can’t judge him fairly if at all

Back
Top Bottom