Give Gesicki an Evaluation Game | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Gesicki an Evaluation Game

Every body know he can catch. Need learn how block better. He is getting better. Good job yesterday

Not disagreeing and not pointing a finger at you, but some seem to think every other team's players are complete. All TEs can block, run, catch with equal ability. All LBs can stop the run AND cover. All other OLmen can run block and pass block with equal ability. That myth needs to die. I doubt Gesicki will ever be a complete TE. That's OK. Average players are average players because they're not COMPLETE players

I like that this coaching staff is not trying to make Gesicki something he is not. He is a very good mismatch, downfield receiving threat. He's obviously worked on route running, play speed, and added some strength. I hope they keep feeding him.

the LB the Jets called up from the PS cause of injury had no chance. To MIA credit hey kept exploiting matchups yesterday and Fitz was in a zone yesterday.

i truly believe was a great pick,,, yes i'm biased since my daughter is at Penn state, but he is a mismatch against any linebacker... he was open all day... just keep using him

hopefully he will become a better blocker but nice to see him contributing

I think he’s the most improved player on tbe team. Which is a lot about how far he had to come but also about how hard he’s worked.

but I also have to add that was one sorry ass lb and secondary level the jets put out there yesterday.

Agree. How long has it been since Miami fans saw an OC look for mismatches?

Here's the thing it's not only the OC.
The QB has to be "willing" to throw the damn ball.
Fitz doesn't give a S$%T he's going to make the attempt.

You think these plays weren't there when Rosen was behind at QB?

Heck, even last season the plays where there for Mr.Gesicki.
It's one of the main reason why myself and a few others were saying there's more to this kid.
Now the QB is actually throwing the ball his way and you're starting to get a glimpse of what he can do.

What's scary is he's still raw and he's gaining confidence...

Here's the thing it's not only the OC.
The QB has to be "willing" to throw the damn ball.
Fitz doesn't give a S$%T he's going to make the attempt.

You think these plays weren't there when Rosen was behind at QB?

Heck, even last season the plays where there for Mr.Gesicki.
It's one of the main reason why myself and a few others were saying there's more to this kid.
Now the QB is actually throwing the ball his way and you're starting to get a glimpse of what he can do.

What's scary is he's still raw and he's gaining confidence...

Didn't mean to imply it was ONLY OC. It wasn't. But fans have seen YEARS of games where Miami was against a team with the 30th rank pass D and what did Philpin/Gase do? Run the ball. Attempts to get Wilson or Grant on a LB? Nope. Attempts to get a ball to Gesiccki in the EZ? Rarely. That was my problem . . . actually, the HC's problem. Schemes we see from NE, NO, PITT were nonexistent in Miami.
Yes, the QB matters. Yes, the players matter. But it's been a long time since fans have seen a Miami HC/OC seem to even CARE about mismatches

TE is a position unless you are super elite takes the longest adjustment period. Outside of that fans in this site seem to overreact when evaling TE. I was hammered supporting andrews...anyone not takes Andrews at this point. You can still use the "he is a system player" excuse. It's one of my favs.

Back
Top Bottom