Give Me Gesicki | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Me Gesicki

You got your wish!

Something i was typing up earlier - You only take Gesicki if you are going to let him run vertical....seams, posts, corners, etc. and let him flex outside from time to time. He isn't physical and run after catch in traffic isn't great, so he doesn't excel in the trash underneath.....and blocking is terrible. If you aren't going to run those sets often, then it's a bit of an odd pick and defenses can key on plays based on his positioning. If you are going to use more set like that and tailor to his strengths......things could be fun!

I'm pleasantly pleased with that pick as i was with Fitzpatrick yesterday. 2nd round I wanted a TE. Job done. Now go grab a LB.

Big, fast, athletic, and great hands!Give me this guy in Round 2. Then go LB or DT (best available) in round 3. I have a feeling this is the next great TE. Watch his film and check out the hands, and him make catches over the middle. Maybe he dosen' t block well, but Im ok with that.

OK!!! :thumbsup :D

I love this pick. This is what I was hoping for at 42. We’re getting the physical freak seam threat te that we’ve neeeded for what seems like forever. I’m pleasantly surprised how well this draft has gone for us thus far. Hoping we take Shaq Griffin lb ucf somewhere even if it’s a bit of a reach.

Booyah!!!! This guy is the athletic freak we have never had at TE! Blocking Te's are a dime a dozen. We can pick one up in round 7. Maybe Fasano will be back. I'm very excited about how this guy improves our offense. Matchup nightmare that will make Tannyhill better

This is unbelievable ... I've pinched myself to make sure it's not a dream. But the Dolphins are actually doing the "what if" and drafting the players I would have drafted! W00000000000h00000000000000000!!!!!!

Mike Gesicki is the best TE in this draft. He has legit huge size to be a red zone threat and 3rd down safety net at 6'6 with a 41.5" vertical (crazy!) and long arms. He's a former basketball (scored almost 1,900 points in his high school career) and volleyball star who is great at high pointing the ball and coming down with the rebound in traffic. He's the prototypical seam threat with size, length and leap to add to his 4.54 forty time and good hands. This guy scares the heck out of LB's, safeties and anyone tasked with covering him ... ever. As a TE who can be a threat in every way in the passing game, he was THE best, even more athletic than the Alabama kid not too long ago.

Gesicki can also block, not great, but he can do it a bit. He has the length to be a pass protector and blitz pickup audible guy. He isn't polished as a run blocker yet, but he is working at it as he did a lot of blocking for Saquon Barkley and is a willing learner with size and length.

This is the most complete and most athletic TE I've seen since maybe Rob Gronkowski. Yeah ... awesome kid, awesome player, awesome athlete, and awesome pick. Well don Chris Grier & Co. You guys crushed it.

Just my 2 cents but I absolutely love this pick...I've watched a lot of this kid and he is without a doubt a walking mismatch for defenders. Whether it be a lb, s, or corner he high points the ball very well and will compete for balls that are slightly off target. These picks have rejuvenated my faith in this team...

Back
Top Bottom