Give Minkah a break | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Minkah a break

I don’t care what anyone says. That’s a legit duel threat and it’s a problem for dcs

Funny thing that speed hasn't translated to the NFL at all, I've seen numerous times he couldn't get the edge (preseason vs oakland).
Hoekenson looked good.

But I've read Grier is clueless and needs to be fired.

Grier needs to show he can do better with the assets he's gained make no mistake. He's not the worst GM in the world some have made him out to be, but when you've been involved with mediocrity for 20 years, you deserve a big part of the blame.

Grier needs to show he can do better with the assets he's gained make no mistake. He's not the worst GM in the world some have made him out to be, but when you've been involved with mediocrity for 20 years, you deserve a big part of the blame.
Yes but he has some solid help in the draft room with Allen and McKenzie.

That's not realistic, IMO. He is already more than a year removed from his rookie deal, and is probably seen as devalued to Miami. If there were multiple teams bidding, it may be possible, but I get the impression the teams looking to make a deal, aren't going to overpay to help Miami unload a perceived malcontent.

My opinion, If someone offers a #1 (any #1), it's a done deal.
If we move him for just a 1, it’s going to feel like a let down. I wonder if we don’t what we like is keeping him and trying to work it out an option at this point?

I don't want to lose Minkah but to lose him for a 2nd would be a fail in opinion.
I don't think anyone would be happy about it, but if he doesn't want to be here, what are the Dolphins options, besides taking what they can get? They have zero leverage here, and there aren't any teams that are Houston level desperate.

Yes, you can force him to play here, or not at all, but how do you see that working out? Either Minkah, or BF could swallow their pride, but I don't think that's even an option for Flores. How much respect would he garner afterwords?

If that is true what you say then man is that something I will make sure never to teach my son..

The franchise drafted him, gave him a contract, and he wants to bail on them because they have to rebuild the roster..I don’t have respect for that type of person..if indeed that is his issue.

If his character is what everyone says it is, he will play the hardest game he’s ever played.

I've taught my son that if you have a suicidal friend, you let him commit suicide by himself.

This is business, equal to it being a sport, and EVERYONE has to look out for their best interests. In a cutthroat world such as this, I applaud the player whinis cutthroat for his interests because the team can be cutthroat for their interests.

I've taught my son that if you have a suicidal friend, you let him commit suicide by himself.

This is business, equal to it being a sport, and EVERYONE has to look out for their best interests. In a cutthroat world such as this, I applaud the player whinis cutthroat for his interests because the team can be cutthroat for their interests.
Classy Dad.

Perhaps we need to make this simpler. At any time in your career, was your company actively and deliberately trying to go bankrupt? If so, had you decided to tell your boss that you are concerned about the future with said company, and the only answer the boss can give you is that once the bankruptcy is complete, they will be hiring the most talented manager they have ever seen to turn the company around, is that good enough to keep you 100% loyal to your company? Oh yeah, the new manager as it turns out, has never managed anything outside of college. Still feeling secure? And BTW, you will need to spend your tenure on this sinking ship out of your normal position.

Turns out that there are 31 other companies out there, many of which would love to hire you and are even willing to compensate your old company while doing it. As a bonus, they intend to use your strengths, pay you more, and offer you a chance to accomplish the highest level achievement possible in your career. That is quite a promotion.

Would anyone in their right mind not move to the new company? Would anyone blame them for doing so? I dare say, your intelligence would be questioned for staying at the old company. Saying other employees who lack enough skill to be hired at other companies are staying an being loyal so you should too just isn’t a valid reason for you to stay,because your situations couldn’t be less equivalent.
Nobody tried to bankrupt our whole company as that would be impossible for one person and pointless, but that is irrelevant to our conversation as I'm sure nobody in the Dolphins organization is trying to bankrupt the NFL or even the Dolphins. They are trying to improve by gathering draft picks because building through the draft gives you a chance. It may or may not work depending on the picks made but at least it's a chance. FTR I should clarify, I am one of the people losing my mind that he is being used in too many positions and in the box. He is right about that IMO and Flores is wrong. I think he needs to handle not getting what he wants better. He needs to continue to appeal to his buffoon coach and hope he evnatually gets it. If not, he is still compensated very well and wioll evnatually have more opportunities that he covets. The more he disciplines himself, the more opportunities he will have IMO.
I have worked for 13 different bosses and 11 of them came in with their own strong vision of what would make us successful after a period of adjustment and temporary pain. I believed in maybe half of them, but I kept doing my best regardless because that is all I can control and I like my career. But I have worked for 2 bosses, for a total of 5 years, who were actively hurting the company to get what they wanted at the time. Parasites. Sadly it worked for them in both cases and they were promoted (then those of us who were left worked hard to rebuild after they were gone).
I moved when I was able to move to a better position knowing that with my skill set and just as importantly, my work ethic, I would be welcome anywhere when one of the 2 or 3 opportunities I coveted presented itself. In the meantime, no, I didn't complain or have my mother complain for me. You said "compensation" but you weren't able to say "good compensation". Hardly anyone is going to invest a 1st and get back 3rd the next year. Who is offering good compensation for Minkah? I'm not in this to win an argument with anyone, I'm just sticking to facts I know of and giving my opinion. The only facts are that Minkah is in a tough situation and he is not tough enough to handle it at this point. 1 game in and he's looking like he's weak. I do not sympathize with him because his biggest problem is his own lack of mental toughness, not the situation. There are far worse things that could happen than to be given $16 million up front to play for a very bad football team for a few years, knowing you are then free to seek a better position. Very worst case, you get hurt and try to survive on your $16+ M and I think many disciplined people could probably do that. I think he should make it known that he wants a trade after the season if he is not mentally tough enough to be rebuild material. I'm not saying he has to like playing for the Dolphins, I'm just saying he needs to better handle not immediately getting what he wants.
Now if he got pissed after a crap performance and tore the locker room apart once the press left I'd say he's a competitor. Much like a certain coach did to his office under Philbin. But Minkah's showing he is the opposite of a competitor. So far he is being a quitter.
Can he turn it around with improved performance this year? Because that is what he should be thinking about even if he were to be selfish and didn't care about the team, as that would raise his value. Anybody looking at him would consider that he played on garbage teams or garbage defenses if he's worried about looking bad and hurting his value, so that excuse holds no water. People will most likely eventually know that Flores is just another rotten branch of the belicheat coaching tree if this is all his fault, or that Grier is a horrible GM if it turns out he was the one who ran us into the ground and couldn't rebuild. That's why I kept plugging along, because I knew it would probably pay off later. I'm nobody special. I think many people can see that even at age 23 or at least see that being financially set for life at 23 is a nice thing so you take some bad with teh good. He may not be mature enough to do that and that's okay too, I just can't feel bad for him because his life is not perfect yet.

I think the only people who deserve to complain about this season are the fans, especially those who invested in tickets. They are paying, not getting paid to go through this.

Last edited:
I don't want to lose Minkah but to lose him for a 2nd would be a fail in opinion.

Grier has shown that he understands value this offseason.

Minkah won’t get traded for less than a 1 unless we are talking multiple day 2 picks.

And truthfully I rather keep Minkah even if its just a 1, just like Tunsil, but if you get that offer you can’t refuse, just like Tunsil, then moves get made.

Back
Top Bottom