Give Minkah a break | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Minkah a break

Grier has shown that he understands value this offseason.

Minkah won’t get traded for less than a 1 unless we are talking multiple day 2 picks.

And truthfully I rather keep Minkah even if its just a 1, just like Tunsil, but if you get that offer you can’t refuse, just like Tunsil, then moves get made.

Exactly my thoughts.

Grier needs to show he can do better with the assets he's gained make no mistake. He's not the worst GM in the world some have made him out to be, but when you've been involved with mediocrity for 20 years, you deserve a big part of the blame.

I mean I hear this, but by all accounts he really never had the type of accountability that suggests he deserves a “big part” of the blame. You really think he had major pull with Spielman, Saban, Parcells, Ireland and Tannenbaum/Gase? He is highly regarded in the scouting community and has high end bloodlines . . . But people want to fault him for the mistakes of previous guys who were in charge. It is silly

His first official offseason in charge and he is making moves that far exceed the competence level of the last set of “official” GMs. Why this isn’t being factored in more is just funny. It truly is the only concrete evidence we have in regards to his role of team building with the Miami Dolphins . . . Everything else is speculation.

Its more typical Miami fans are looking for a fall guy for the mediocrity and he sticks out like a sore thumb after all of the other jettisons. But I don’t believe it is warranted . . . Just convenient.

I mean I hear this, but by all accounts he has has really never had the type of accountability that suggests he deserves a “big part” of the blame. You really think he had major pull with Spielman, Saban, Parcells, Ireland and Tannenbaum/Gase? He is highly regarded in the scouting community and has high end bloodlines . . . But people want to fault him for the mistakes of previous guys who were in charge. It is silly

His first official offseason in charge and he is making moves that far exceed the competence level of the last set of “official” GMs. Why this isn’t being factored in more is just funny. It truly is the only concrete evidence we have in regards to his role of team building with the Miami Dolphins . . . Everything else is speculation.

Its more typical Miami fans are looking for a fall guy for the medicrity and he sticks out like a sore thumb after all of the other jettisons.

Let me rephrase. He was involved in some mediocre to bad drafts so until proven otherwise it is fair to question him

It's easier to tear the team down than it is it to build the team up. Grier has done a masterful job with tearing it down to accumulate picks and cap space, but nobody can defend him just yet because he has to prove as the MAIN guy that he can draft well and build the team from scratch. Only time will tell.

The only way I’m trading him is if the draft compensation is close enough to snag Grant Depit

Let me rephrase. He was involved in some mediocre to bad drafts so until proven otherwise it is fair to question him

He was in the room. But I look at Tannenbaum’s tendencies and how Gase operated with the Jets this year . . . .and you can tell the other two egos were calling the shots. At least, I can lean that way in my thinking.

So yea, he absolutely is unproven, but I can also say watching him operate this offseason he is playing high level chess, when we have seen Tannenbaum and Ireland get bent over constantly.

Again, its the real evidence we have and its refreshing.

I mean I hear this, but by all accounts he really never had the type of accountability that suggests he deserves a “big part” of the blame. You really think he had major pull with Spielman, Saban, Parcells, Ireland and Tannenbaum/Gase? He is highly regarded in the scouting community and has high end bloodlines . . . But people want to fault him for the mistakes of previous guys who were in charge. It is silly

Its more typical Miami fans are looking for a fall guy for the mediocrity and he sticks out like a sore thumb after all of the other jettisons. But I don’t believe it is warranted . . . Just convenient.
I don't know, I think it may be that Miami fans now see a load of picks, for the first time ever in some cases, and they just really want to make sure they are used well enough to make this team truly competitive. I know I care a lot more about this draft coming up than I have in decades. I was behind Grier and I liked the Tunsil deal, but I am still worried he may screw it up. I don't know who I would rather have making the picks, I'm just more nervous than usual because I feel like more is riding on these next 2 off seasons than usual. But it's good to have enough picks and cap to make it matter more. I think you can certainly feel the absence of Tannenbaum, thankfully.

It's easier to tear the team down than it is it to build the team up. Grier has done a masterful job with tearing it down to accumulate picks and cap space, but nobody can defend him just yet because he has to prove as the MAIN guy that he can draft well and build the team from scratch. Only time will tell.

That he must do, without a doubt, but Most potential GM candidates are gonna have to do that as well. At least part A . . . He is acing.

Give me a break! Grier has been here for 20 years of bad drafting and bad decision making. Heard the same excuses for Ireland. Give him all the credit for hitting on a player. Then make up 4883939393 excuses how you really don't know the role Ireland or Grier had in acquiring a player that stunk.

Give me a break! Grier has been here for 20 years of bad drafting and bad decision making. Heard the same excuses for Ireland. Give him all the credit for hitting on a player. Then make up 4883939393 excuses how you really don't know the role Ireland or Grier had in acquiring a player that stunk.

Im not saying it is open and shut, all I am saying is how he is operating in a “official role” with full accountability, he is acing the test. Ireland didn’t value foundational building like Grier is proving.

All the other **** is just convenient speculation and can be swayed depending on your own thoughts. None of its based on any evidence. Like it or not, you can lay out every player on a silver platter, if you don’t have the accountability to make the selection it really doesn’t ****ing matter.

He could end up as Ireland, so can anybody else they bring in. Unless you got a bulletproof name that is available with a proven trackrecord with no fails?

Nobody tried to bankrupt our whole company as that would be impossible for one person and pointless, but that is irrelevant to our conversation as I'm sure nobody in the Dolphins organization is trying to bankrupt the NFL or even the Dolphins. They are trying to improve by gathering draft picks because building through the draft gives you a chance. It may or may not work depending on the picks made but at least it's a chance. FTR I should clarify, I am one of the people losing my mind that he is being used in too many positions and in the box. He is right about that IMO and Flores is wrong. I think he needs to handle not getting what he wants better. He needs to continue to appeal to his buffoon coach and hope he evnatually gets it. If not, he is still compensated very well and wioll evnatually have more opportunities that he covets. The more he disciplines himself, the more opportunities he will have IMO.
I have worked for 13 different bosses and 11 of them came in with their own strong vision of what would make us successful after a period of adjustment and temporary pain. I believed in maybe half of them, but I kept doing my best regardless because that is all I can control and I like my career. But I have worked for 2 bosses, for a total of 5 years, who were actively hurting the company to get what they wanted at the time. Parasites. Sadly it worked for them in both cases and they were promoted (then those of us who were left worked hard to rebuild after they were gone).
I moved when I was able to move to a better position knowing that with my skill set and just as importantly, my work ethic, I would be welcome anywhere when one of the 2 or 3 opportunities I coveted presented itself. In the meantime, no, I didn't complain or have my mother complain for me. You said "compensation" but you weren't able to say "good compensation". Hardly anyone is going to invest a 1st and get back 3rd the next year. Who is offering good compensation for Minkah? I'm not in this to win an argument with anyone, I'm just sticking to facts I know of and giving my opinion. The only facts are that Minkah is in a tough situation and he is not tough enough to handle it at this point. 1 game in and he's looking like he's weak. I do not sympathize with him because his biggest problem is his own lack of mental toughness, not the situation. There are far worse things that could happen than to be given $16 million up front to play for a very bad football team for a few years, knowing you are then free to seek a better position. Very worst case, you get hurt and try to survive on your $16+ M and I think many disciplined people could probably do that. I think he should make it known that he wants a trade after the season if he is not mentally tough enough to be rebuild material. I'm not saying he has to like playing for the Dolphins, I'm just saying he needs to better handle not immediately getting what he wants.
Now if he got pissed after a crap performance and tore the locker room apart once the press left I'd say he's a competitor. Much like a certain coach did to his office under Philbin. But Minkah's showing he is the opposite of a competitor. So far he is being a quitter.
Can he turn it around with improved performance this year? Because that is what he should be thinking about even if he were to be selfish and didn't care about the team, as that would raise his value. Anybody looking at him would consider that he played on garbage teams or garbage defenses if he's worried about looking bad and hurting his value, so that excuse holds no water. People will most likely eventually know that Flores is just another rotten branch of the belicheat coaching tree if this is all his fault, or that Grier is a horrible GM if it turns out he was the one who ran us into the ground and couldn't rebuild. That's why I kept plugging along, because I knew it would probably pay off later. I'm nobody special. I think many people can see that even at age 23 or at least see that being financially set for life at 23 is a nice thing so you take some bad with teh good. He may not be mature enough to do that and that's okay too, I just can't feel bad for him because his life is not perfect yet.

I think the only people who deserve to complain about this season are the fans, especially those who invested in tickets. They are paying, not getting paid to go through this.
This debate is tiring at this point. You believe Minkah is spoiled and weak for not having the same long term vision as you do about the team. You are not being honest here, as you know that what this team is doing could most closely be related to a business filing for bankruptcy. While not a perfect analogy, it works well enough. The team is cutting expenses and unwanted salaries as part of a complete restructure. You believe this is a great process that will yield success in the end, but you don’t know Grier, Flores or anyone else on the team the way Minkah does. Maybe he sees the ship is really sinking and simply isn’t willing to go down with it. Doesn’t really matter in the end, as reports now indicate that over half the league has called to offer him a better future. He is gone, whether we like it or not.

He hasn't done anything in the league to warrant his opinions. He needs to shut up and do his job.
Over half the league disagrees with you and has inquired about trading for him.

Minkah needs to be ashamed of himself as a professional, one year and he wants out? it's okay to have a disagreement about his career but he wants to leave? because momma said something and he feels some type of way? he never had any adversity in a professional sense, he needs to set down and talk about what's going on and ball out.
What other industry would you have to stay with a **** company because the 32 companies who do what you do have colluded to make it so?

I’m glad to see he’s playing today. Might be playing strong however with reshad down

Back
Top Bottom