Give Minkah a break | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Minkah a break

Are those teams desperate or do they have a well established organization that can control a mal content?
Over exaggerate much? I would hardly label Minkah a malcontent. He is not trying to bust apart the locker room or organization, nor is he doing lousy things in his personal life. It’s crazy how a player can go from hero to hated on this site simply for taking issue with their team misusing them and tanking.

Also have to give @ckparrothead a shout for what he said on twitter. Not everybody is going to be down for positionless football.

Not one of these safeties' teams are in a self-induced freefall from 30,000 feet...

Minkah has every right to protect his future earning potential by not being associated with this dumpster fire that was lit last week.

Over exaggerate much? I would hardly label Minkah a malcontent. He is not trying to bust apart the locker room or organization, nor is he doing lousy things in his personal life. It’s crazy how a player can go from hero to hated on this site simply for taking issue with their team misusing them and tanking.
From Webster's Dictionary
Malcontent, noun
1) Discontented person. One who bears a grudge from a sense of grievous or thwarted ambition.
Malcontent, adjective
2) Dissatisfied with the existing state of affairs.

I was accurate in my use of the word malcontent.

This word does not exaggerate this guys complaining. Your post demonstrates a poor use of grammar and a lack of knowledge of a fairly common English word. You actually go on to try and redefine the meaning of malcontent to fit your opinion. You also go on to imply that my post demonstrates a change from "hero to hated".

I did feel he would have been a better player then we got. That's my opinion, but it doesn't mean I saw him as a hero. Now that he started complaining I refer to him as a malcontent, which exactly describes someone who expresses dissatisfaction with his current state of affairs. This identification is not an expression of hate.

I feel I did a reasonable job of answering the question you raised about 1/2 the league checking on his availability. I identified what I felt supported that "half the league" you mentioned.

One of the choices I put forward was desperation to get a good player.
The other choice was a team with a strong enough structure to control a malcontent.
Neither choice represents an exaggeration.

This guy went to college and signed a contract to play for the Dolphins. I do not believe for one moment that he didn't know how the NFL worked when he signed that contract. That was a responsibility he owed himself.

Your post is clearly a hyperbolic over reaction. I could say more, but there is no point until you demonstrate a better understanding of the English language and some knowledge of the folly of redefining a word to try and justify a presumed offense that did not occur!

Are you a speech writer for politicians?

I said give him a break before and still would say so if he wasn't the guy who asked for a trade

Ramsey and Marrone almost got into a fist fight. Trade Minkah for Ramsey straight up.

From Webster's Dictionary
Malcontent, noun
1) Discontented person. One who bears a grudge from a sense of grievous or thwarted ambition.
Malcontent, adjective
2) Dissatisfied with the existing state of affairs.

I was accurate in my use of the word malcontent.

This word does not exaggerate this guys complaining. Your post demonstrates a poor use of grammar and a lack of knowledge of a fairly common English word. You actually go on to try and redefine the meaning of malcontent to fit your opinion. You also go on to imply that my post demonstrates a change from "hero to hated".

I did feel he would have been a better player then we got. That's my opinion, but it doesn't mean I saw him as a hero. Now that he started complaining I refer to him as a malcontent, which exactly describes someone who expresses dissatisfaction with his current state of affairs. This identification is not an expression of hate.

I feel I did a reasonable job of answering the question you raised about 1/2 the league checking on his availability. I identified what I felt supported that "half the league" you mentioned.

One of the choices I put forward was desperation to get a good player.
The other choice was a team with a strong enough structure to control a malcontent.
Neither choice represents an exaggeration.

This guy went to college and signed a contract to play for the Dolphins. I do not believe for one moment that he didn't know how the NFL worked when he signed that contract. That was a responsibility he owed himself.

Your post is clearly a hyperbolic over reaction. I could say more, but there is no point until you demonstrate a better understanding of the English language and some knowledge of the folly of redefining a word to try and justify a presumed offense that did not occur!

Are you a speech writer for politicians?
Personal attacks on my intellectual or linguistic prowess would seem to run afoul of the terms and rules of this site. Your pretentiousness is noted. Nice definition, btw. The word implies more than its basic definition, but feel secure in that side of your argument if you must. As to your other argument, it has absolutely no relevance to any of the points I have made, and didn’t really merit a reply.

This debate is tiring at this point. You believe Minkah is spoiled and weak for not having the same long term vision as you do about the team. You are not being honest here, as you know that what this team is doing could most closely be related to a business filing for bankruptcy. While not a perfect analogy, it works well enough. The team is cutting expenses and unwanted salaries as part of a complete restructure. You believe this is a great process that will yield success in the end, but you don’t know Grier, Flores or anyone else on the team the way Minkah does. Maybe he sees the ship is really sinking and simply isn’t willing to go down with it. Doesn’t really matter in the end, as reports now indicate that over half the league has called to offer him a better future. He is gone, whether we like it or not.
Yep, sounds like he's gone this week. For the record, I have no idea how great this process is and how it will work for this team. Of course I don't know them as well as Minkah, do any of us? I have no idea if Flores is great or horrible but I'm thinking Minkah has made up his mind and I thought our whole conversation was based on the general consensus that Minkah is not happy with his boss at all, which is why I wrote about my bosses that I totally disagreed with.

You and I can probably agree it's a bad situation. We disagree on how well Minkah is handling it. We disagree that this is a debate. I wasn't trying to "win", just interested in why you felt the way you do about the situation. I misunderstood that we were trying to beat each otehr, but I never have understood how we win in football disagreements anyway. We also disagree on my honesty. I don't appreciate that part at all. Honestly is actually the most important trait to me, so congrats, if I knew you personally that would have mattered more to me. I could give my thoughts on your personality as well, but I'd prefer to stay away from the personal stuff.

Back
Top Bottom