Given the athletic talent, our offense should have been explosive this year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Given the athletic talent, our offense should have been explosive this year

normaldude

Starter
Reaction score
Good skill players but the oline was very inconsistent in the running game and sucked at pass blocking

Ozzy rules

Oline wasn't bad in the running game. After all, Miami is ranked #2 in yards per carry. And our top 2 RBs are both averaging 5+ yds per carry.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...nference=ALL&d-447263-s=RUSHING_AVERAGE_YARDS
I said they were inconsistent. Keep on mind Miller and Ajayi got yards when there was nothing there but they did blocked better in the running game. However they have been bad at pass blocking gggiving up sssacks, pressures anddd making tanny throw it faster than he wants too. Also holding penalties have put us on long yards situation time after time but I'll be fair. We miss james and pouncy when they've been hurt. Still the weakest link on that offense

Ozzy rules

The play calling and lack quality starters and depth at oline and quality players at LB and CB killed this team.

The schedule turned out to be a joke, Miami should have had a good record this year.

Agree completely! If we had an Arians/ John Harbaugh type coach in charge this prior offseason, we would have laid waste to our schedule. We would have had the team we thought we did.

Chip Kelly offense with Lasarfail as coordinator

if you've been watching, there's nothing surprising about what's happened.

Everyone in the NFL is talented man. It's how you use that talent. And unfortunately, Miami has a vanilla offense that takes the same approach every time.

You'd think that after the Parcells-style, inside-the-box way of evaluating talent, that a guy had to fit certain criteria, that Miami would realize the fact that nothing is either "this or that." You've got to think outside the box, change it up, and be good at a lot of different things to win consistently.

What do good teams do when their passing attack is off? They run it down the other team's throat. What about when a good team's defense falters? The offense puts up points.

What does Miami do when the passing attack doesn't work? They fold. What about when the defense can't stop anyone? Then the offense starts playing like ****.

Agree completely! If we had an Arians/ John Harbaugh type coach in charge this prior offseason, we would have laid waste to our schedule. We would have had the team we thought we did.

Had the two weakest divisions in the AFC South and NFC East, and drew injury ravaged San Diego and Baltimore on the schedule.

If we committed to the run and allowed out QB to audible like a real QB, I could only imagine what we could've done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we committed to the run and allowed out QB to audible like a real QB, I could only imagine what we could've done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would we do that depsite the fact that the statistical evidence was staring the coaching staff in the face?

Like Hoops said three more games and some more incompetence can hopefully leave the building. How could Lazor in particular have been that stubborn? He was seeing the same thing week in and week out..

Back
Top Bottom