Giving up on the Lions for good (?) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Giving up on the Lions for good (?)

MSU_SpartFin

Active Roster
Reaction score
Hey all,

Wanted to introduce myself as a Lions fan who’s endured nearly 40 years of humiliating losses, zero tangible success and general frustration and hopelessness. I think I’ve finally had enough of them. They give me zero joy and ruin my Sundays about 80% of the time. If it weren’t for my unrealistic paranoia that they’ll turn good as soon as I give them up, I would’ve done it long ago.

But enough about those losers. I grew up a Marino fan and have always had an affinity for the Dolphins; I also love me some Tua and Waddle, so I’m dipping my toes in the water of outward Fins fandom. Feels really weird considering cheering for another team after being a Lions die-hard for nearly 40 years, but here I am. New history, new fan culture, new personnel to learn, etc., but I’m excited about the prospect of actually enjoying pro football again. :)

Looking forward to seeing you all around the forum!

I am also Canes fan and we play this year

Should be fun
I have no idea what to expect from MSU this season. Tucker turned over the majority of the roster he inherited and has plucked some nice transfers from the portal to fill the holes, but as great as Dantonio was in his prime, he left a roster devoid of talent. It’s going to take a couple more years to turn things around (if he does). That said, Tuck has surrounded himself with a staff that’s infinitely more capable than Dantonio, so I’m clinging to that in hopes we can finish around .500 and build on that.

What do you think of the Canes? I’d love to get down there for that game.

We open with Alabama :bobdole:

After that we will know more but we do have plenty of talent and a solid coaching staff
You guys have a good staff too and honestly I am glad the game is in Miami

Hey all,

Wanted to introduce myself as a Lions fan who’s endured nearly 40 years of humiliating losses, zero tangible success and general frustration and hopelessness. I think I’ve finally had enough of them. They give me zero joy and ruin my Sundays about 80% of the time. If it weren’t for my unrealistic paranoia that they’ll turn good as soon as I give them up, I would’ve done it long ago.

But enough about those losers. I grew up a Marino fan and have always had an affinity for the Dolphins; I also love me some Tua and Waddle, so I’m dipping my toes in the water of outward Fins fandom. Feels really weird considering cheering for another team after being a Lions die-hard for nearly 40 years, but here I am. New history, new fan culture, new personnel to learn, etc., but I’m excited about the prospect of actually enjoying pro football again. :)

Looking forward to seeing you all around the forum!
Welcome aboard @MSU_SpartFin!

I lived in Michigan until recently, and while I sympathized with fans of the Lions I never was a fan of the Motor City Kitties.

Bonus points to you for being a Spartans fan as well.

We open with Alabama :bobdole:

After that we will know more but we do have plenty of talent and a solid coaching staff
You guys have a good staff too and honestly I am glad the game is in Miami
Oh man. That’s a brutal week 1. I’ll be cheering for the Canes to catch them off guard or to ding them up a bit at the very least :)

Welcome aboard @MSU_SpartFin!

I lived in Michigan until recently, and while I sympathized with fans of the Lions I never was a fan of the Motor City Kitties.

Bonus points to you for being a Spartans fan as well.
Thanks! And I’m glad you were able to steer clear of them :)

What part of the state did you live in?

Thanks! And I’m glad you were able to steer clear of them :)

What part of the state did you live in?
Just an hour's drive North of Detroit.

I will always be a fan of the Tigers, Pistons and Red Wings, but moments like the following made it impossible to ever consider the Lions.

What part of Michigan are you from?

Just an hour's drive North of Detroit.

I will always be a fan of the Tigers, Pistons and Red Wings, but moments like the following made it impossible to ever consider the Lions.

What part of Michigan are you from?

Lol classic! Ironically, one of my most memorable Thanksgiving disasters (there are many) is when Joey Harrington’s corpse returned to Detroit in a Fins uni to carve the Lions up like an overcooked turkey. That was the last time I went to a Thanksgiving game.

I live in Grosse Pointe. From S. Macomb originally.

Last edited:
Looo

Lol classic! Ironically, one of my most memorable Thanksgiving disasters (there are many) is when Joey Harrington’s corpse returned to Detroit on in a Fins uni to carve the Lions up like and overcooked turkey. That was the last time I went to a Thanksgiving game.

I live in Grosse Pointe. From S. Macomb originally.
I was at that game and it was a great Thanksgiving!

Best part was the fans booing Joey at the start of the game, then at the end of the game watching them rip up his old Detroit jersey and try to throw the pieces onto the field.

:UP:

MSU, it's great to have you here, please don't take this the wrong way but, you should never switch your allegiance. It's great that you want to come on here and cheer for Miami but, you've been a Lions fan your whole life. You have to believe things will work out. It's not like your coming over to a juggernaut Dolphins team either. We're going the right the way and hopefully Tua is our guy but, we haven't won a playoff game in 20 yrs. You're not exactly getting a better date to the dance.

MSU, it's great to have you here, please don't take this the wrong way but, you should never switch your allegiance. It's great that you want to come on here and cheer for Miami but, you've been a Lions fan your whole life. You have to believe things will work out. It's not like your coming over to a juggernaut Dolphins team either. We're going the right the way and hopefully Tua is our guy but, we haven't won a playoff game in 20 yrs. You're not exactly getting a better date to the dance.
This is a very practical reply and honestly probably the same thing I’d post. However, you have to understand I’ve seen the Lions go 0-16, blow top draft pick after too draft pick on the likes of Joey, Mike Williams, Charles Rogers, etc. I’ve also seen the franchise continue to alienate the rare elite talent (Barry and Megatron to name two) that walks through its doors to the point they’re forced to retire early to escape, and they’re so disenfranchised that they want nothing to do with the organization once they do.

There is no reason to believe anything will work out because the organization is run by a family that has proven it neither has the football savvy nor the management acumen need to build a winner or identify people who can. I truly can’t think of another NFL franchise that wouldn’t be a better date to the dance. The Lions haven’t won a playoff game since 1991 so 20 years feels like the blink of an eye lol.

Back
Top Bottom