Giving up on the Lions for good (?) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Giving up on the Lions for good (?)

Hey all,

Wanted to introduce myself as a Lions fan who’s endured nearly 40 years of humiliating losses, zero tangible success and general frustration and hopelessness. I think I’ve finally had enough of them. They give me zero joy and ruin my Sundays about 80% of the time. If it weren’t for my unrealistic paranoia that they’ll turn good as soon as I give them up, I would’ve done it long ago.

But enough about those losers. I grew up a Marino fan and have always had an affinity for the Dolphins; I also love me some Tua and Waddle, so I’m dipping my toes in the water of outward Fins fandom. Feels really weird considering cheering for another team after being a Lions die-hard for nearly 40 years, but here I am. New history, new fan culture, new personnel to learn, etc., but I’m excited about the prospect of actually enjoying pro football again. :)

Looking forward to seeing you all around the forum!
Welcome MSU. Trust me, being a Dolphins fan since the early 80s has had it's ups and downs. Thank god for Shula and Marino for getting me excited about the team but since 99 it's been a sh!tshow. But we've never lost faith and now have the right HC, right owner and finally what looks like the right QB. I think our future looks very strong. Lots of good peeps on here that I'm blessed to call friends. Look forward to seeing you around.

MSU, it's great to have you here, please don't take this the wrong way but, you should never switch your allegiance. It's great that you want to come on here and cheer for Miami but, you've been a Lions fan your whole life. You have to believe things will work out. It's not like your coming over to a juggernaut Dolphins team either. We're going the right the way and hopefully Tua is our guy but, we haven't won a playoff game in 20 yrs. You're not exactly getting a better date to the dance.

Most of the time I agree with this, but let's be real here.

He took the ions to multiple dances and every time they sent him to the punch line while they danced with another guy. Then flirted with all his friends at the afterparty.

Id assume the Lions are quite literally one of the hardest teams to root for.

At least we've had some good years and some hope.

Back
Top Bottom