Glazer: Jets getting turned down for GM job, begging them them reconsider | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Glazer: Jets getting turned down for GM job, begging them them reconsider

So that means mark Sanchez is better then Matt Schaub?

Who is a better qb mark Sanchez or Matt Schaub?

Sanchez has thrived here in big games and under pressure.

Rex Ryan led us to 2 title games, from 1969-2008 the jets franchise made 2 title games, yet his job was in jeoprady and many wanted him fired. Jack Del Rio was in jax for 9 years and won 1 playoff game- a WC gane.

Did Jack Del Rio run his mouth about the playoffs and getting to/winning the Super Bowl? Is Del Rio the son a former hothead coach?

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Thrived in big games and under pressure...do you understand he has 50+turnovers in just the last 2 years? Lead the league in 2011 in pick6's!

You really have issues understanding the game of football.

Well Sanchez won a few playoff games a few years ago and that means he can do no wrong. There's only a few other elite QBs better than him.

Oh that's how it works. So sanchez won the game because he was benched for being shut out at home and trailing in the 3rd quarter but tannehill don't get credit for being injured while leading the game. Makes sense.

Please don't be misled by "fantasy logic" Unfortunately most average fans fall into the trap of understanding Reality as an independent, incontrovertible truth rather than properly viewing it in context - that's context to what presents the jest in the best light. But naturally if you were a knowledgable fan you'd have been aware of this.

he was bad this year, he was ok in 2011, he was very good in 2010 and in '09 & '10 he was very good in postseason- in the biggest games he's ever played. In the same round that Matt Schaub was terrible yesterday Sanchez was great 2 years ago against a better NE team.

You are the only person in the world who thinks Sanchez is better than schaub. I think Ryan would trade Sanchez for him straight up if he could.

I'm sure he got more money than when he first interviewed which is the point. he wanted the jax job, nothing wrong with that. Not everyone can handle being in the spotlight.

the Jets targeted Caldwell, that's who they wanted. They had to scramble to try to interview those other guys who were alreayd far along in their process. This isn't like Peyton and all the coaches turning down Miami.

Actually, it is a lot like that. You don't think there were valid reasons why Manning chose Denver over Miami? Manning signed with Den because they had a lot more cap space, and because they are in a weak division. He got paid, and it was the best place for him to have a shot at the Super Bowl. Harbaugh chose SF because his family wanted to stay in California. Fisher chose St. Louis because he was offered more control and they had the #2 overall pick in the draft. Nothing wrong with all of that right? Yet, you had no problems bashing Miami last offseason. Now that it is the Jets, you are singing a different tune. :lol:

Caldwell apparently had no interest in the Jets, and only met with them to use them. You can speculate on the reasons why he didn't want to come to the Jets, but it is quite the spin job to blame it solely on pressure and less money. I think the Jets buffoonery the last 2 years might have a little something to do with it.

8:50 AM. Almost time for Junc's arrival. I wonder what nonsense he will spew today.

So that means mark Sanchez is better then Matt Schaub?

Who is a better qb mark Sanchez or Matt Schaub?

2010 mark is better than Schaub, current mark isn't better than anyone.

You are the only person in the world who thinks Sanchez is better than schaub. I think Ryan would trade Sanchez for him straight up if he could.

if we have schaub in '09/'10 I bet we don't make a single title game. better #s doesn't make better QB, some guys are just #s guys.

Did Jack Del Rio run his mouth about the playoffs and getting to/winning the Super Bowl? Is Del Rio the son a former hothead coach?

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Well Sanchez won a few playoff games a few years ago and that means he can do no wrong. There's only a few other elite QBs better than him.

Actually, there are 19 backup QBs better than him.

he was bad this year, he was ok in 2011, he was very good in 2010 and in '09 & '10 he was very good in postseason- in the biggest games he's ever played. In the same round that Matt Schaub was terrible yesterday Sanchez was great 2 years ago against a better NE team.

I heard over the weekend that this NE team is the best group of offensive players they've ever had. It might have been on the pregame show but I don't remember. But since the Jets weren't playing this year's team, it was the team back then that was better.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

if we have schaub in '09/'10 I bet we don't make a single title game. better #s doesn't make better QB, some guys are just #s guys

You say this b/c Sanchez's numbers are ****. It's so funny to dismiss numbers as if they are made up and aren't a sum of a player's season.

In 09, Schaub beat NE, the Bengals (before they flatlined) and 2 8-8 teams: SF and TN for a legitimate 9-7 record in a division in a tougher division that season. It's hard to persuasively argue that this same QB couldn't have at least brought the Jest to 7-7 before the flagrant, embarrassing charity kicked in, let alone in the SD playoff game, not at the least stood aside watching Kaedig miss what were for him 2 chip shots while still doing better than completing less than half of his passes, throwing 1TD and 1Int, with a 60QBR and 101 yards. Very hard to believe indeed. Hell I have difficulty believing that game that Henne couldn't have done all of that and more.

I heard over the weekend that this NE team is the best group of offensive players they've ever had. It might have been on the pregame show but I don't remember. But since the Jets weren't playing this year's team, it was the team back then that was better.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

You say this b/c Sanchez's numbers are ****. It's so funny to dismiss numbers as if they are made up and aren't a sum of a player's season.

Interesting b/c they were w/o their best offensive weapon in gronk and they won 2 more games despite playing in a tougher division.

Their D allowed less pts in 2010 and scored more. They were better in 2010 w/o a doubt.

In 09, Schaub beat NE, the Bengals (before they flatlined) and 2 8-8 teams: SF and TN for a legitimate 9-7 record in a division in a tougher division that season. It's hard to persuasively argue that this same QB couldn't have at least brought the Jest to 7-7 before the flagrant, embarrassing charity kicked in, let alone in the SD playoff game, not at the least stood aside watching Kaedig miss what were for him 2 chip shots while still doing better than completing less than half of his passes, throwing 1TD and 1Int, with a 60QBR and 101 yards. Very hard to believe indeed. Hell I have difficulty believing that game that Henne couldn't have done all of that and more.

So it only counts if Jets opponents rest starters? you do know NE rested starters, right? Brian Hoyer came in during the 2nd qtr not midway through the 3rd like Indy did w/ their backups.

Schaub led his O to ZERO pts against us in 2009, sanchez led his team to 24 pts AT Houston. If they beat us week 1 they don't miss the playoffs.

have someone explain football to yuo so you don't keep posting such nonsense about the 2009 div rd game(and everything else).

Interesting b/c they were w/o their best offensive weapon in gronk and they won 2 more games despite playing in a tougher division.

Their D allowed less pts in 2010 and scored more. They were better in 2010 w/o a doubt.

Without Gronk in the playoff game?

yeah, we compared them as far as the 2012 div rd team vs. the 2010 div rd team, right?

But Gronkowski got hurt during the game so what does his injury have to do with a pregame opinion that this is NE's best offensive team?

NE scored 557 points this year. They had 513 in 2011, 518 in 2010, and 427 in 2009. Their defense gave up 18 more points this year than in 2010 (not counting special teams/offensive TOs for TDs if there were any).

They also had a point differential of +226 this year and scored the most pts in the league which was 76 more than Denver who finished second.

Back
Top Bottom