GM Chris Grier and HC Brian Flores meet with the media at the NFL Combine | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GM Chris Grier and HC Brian Flores meet with the media at the NFL Combine

If they are cool letting it come to them then I think they are dumb frankly.

even Flores can’t escape the qb aspect of things but so long. No matter what else he puts on the field
True, but it wouldn't make much sense to pull the trigger on something he doesn't believe in either.

True, but it wouldn't make much sense to pull the trigger on something he doesn't believe in either.

That’s true but pressure bursts pipes. And I think Ross is hell bent on drafting a qb in 2020.

plus Miami won’t have as much draft ammo again as it has right now.

they don’t plan on finishing top 5 every year. They aren’t gutting that roster at that level again. I ain’t stupid I know what that craps about.

Why does the media bother? They aren’t gonna say anything interesting, or that we don’t already know.

Mando asks the dumbest questions.

"Hey Brian, can you please tell the world what free agents you're going after?"

I heard Travis Wingfield get a question in. Good for him.

That’s true but pressure bursts pipes. And I think Ross is hell bent on drafting a qb in 2020.

plus Miami won’t have as much draft ammo again as it has right now.

they don’t plan on finishing top 5 every year. They aren’t gutting that roster at that level again. I ain’t stupid I know what that craps about.
You certainly have a point about Ross' potential impatience. I can't say that I blame him for that.

I do blame him for allowing that convoluted hierarchy with Tbum for so long, though.

In any case, I have no doubt they take a Rd1 QB. It may, or may not be Tua.

You certainly have a point about Ross' potential impatience. I can't say that I blame him for that.

I do blame him for allowing thae convoluted hierarchy with Tbum for so long, though.

In any case, I have no doubt they take a Rd1 QB. It may, or may not be Tua.

If you read the tea leaves coming from Barry Jackson even they taking a qb top 5. Just a matter of which one.

that’s more reason why I believe they are gonna use some of that ammo and move for their guy. Unless cinci beats us to it

b jacks even says they are keying on tackles at 18. That’s a move you make to supplement your ride or die qb

the one that the owner holds you accountable for and you get fired over if it doesn’t pan out.

Do you see a scenerio where the Bengals don't take Burrow?

I guess it's possible, but not very likely, IMO.

Great points to counter my post, thanks. I did think about the "coach speak" aspect- I just wonder if they are thinking 'Top 5 or die' ...I am glad someone posted about Barry Jackson's info. I don't read the Herald anymore because it's blocked, so I miss out on a lot of those scoops unless they're posted on here.

You wouldn’t even know that we have josh Rosen on the roster listening to that

hes done in Miami. Might stay on the roster but he’s not in the plans

Your probably right, but they could also have plans to not talk about Rosen at all, because they are actually very happy with Rosens progress, and want to keep everyone believing they will be big players as far as the QB position.

Around this time, sometimes things are not as they seem.

Do you see a scenerio where the Bengals don't take Burrow?

I guess it's possible, but not very likely, IMO.

Only way I see it is if cinci doesn’t like his arm for the concepts they want to run. I do know the current 2 deep qb from N.C. state has a limited arm.

I’d say it’s probably 80/20 cinci turns in tbe burrow card. The sec comp will help offset arm concerns I’d gather. If there are any.

but if cinci I’m making him throw pro concepts outside the #s breaking routes down the field etc to test the arm at the pro day.

not all scripted bread and butter between the hashes

I don’t buy into any “I won’t play for you” carries any actual weight.

my answer would be tough **** you are.

Flores is doing A LOT better at press conferences.

he looks more comfortable but still has a major case of uhmm's. it's is distracting once you key in on it.

i wish samuel l. jackson was with him, "Say 'uhmm' again. Say 'uhmm' again, I dare you, I double dare you mf, say uhmm one more Goddamn time!

Last edited:
Your probably right, but they could also have plans to not talk about Rosen at all, because they are actually very happy with Rosens progress, and want to keep everyone believing they will be big players as far as the QB position.

Around this time, sometimes things are not as they seem.

The other options . . .
They DID talk about him and LOVE him = smokescreen
They DID talk about him, but seemed neutral = hiding their cards
They DID talk about him and hate him = coaches don't do that, even if they DO hate a player.

I place no importance on any of this. I can spin any scenario any way I want

I listen to both Grier and Flores and of course we learn nothing from those videos....lol......that's not a bad thing as I don't expect them to tell us what they're thinking or what their plan is. I do feel good about Flores as our HC.

he looks more comfortable but still has a major case of uhmm's. it's is distracting once you key in on it.

i wish samuel l. jackson was with him, "Say 'uhmm' again. Say 'uhmm' again, I dare you, I double dare you mf, say uhmm one more Goddamn time!

I wouldn't suggest you play a drinking game around it!

Their PC strategy is very clear, avoid anything specific about Tua and lump the QB position with every other positions. Trade up, trade down, everything is on the table.

In other words, anything is possible and spend 15-20 minutes explaining it.

Trust me...Griers eyes lit up when he started talking about Tua. The kid is defintely high on their list and likely #1. Essentially the medical is going to determine everything.

Then he goes on to mention Drew Bress and being a great thrower. Practically saying he values that over the guy that can play with his feet.

Hello..Drew Brees? Hmmm... come on...

Back
Top Bottom