GM Chris Grier and HC Brian Flores meet with the media at the NFL Combine | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GM Chris Grier and HC Brian Flores meet with the media at the NFL Combine

My definition of "Coach Speak" is:
When a coach gives an answer that isn't in line with want you want to hear.
or
When a coach is speaking in generalities as opposed to giving you a specific answer.

In the last case, I wish a coach would give a direct answer such as "that's none of your damn business", and moves on to the next question. Eventually the reporters will have to own up to the reality that they do not know what their "damn business" really is!

And I will agree with you, but there are stats out there showing he was the 2nd most accurate QB in college football at throwing exactly where he was supposed to. That's an elite trait that completely takes the pass catching talent out of the equation.

not hard to be accurate when your three WRs have 15 yards of separation constantly
EF67F934-8186-4646-A709-4F1C37A6E2A8.jpeg

My definition of "Coach Speak" is:
When a coach gives an answer that isn't in line with want you want to hear.
or
When a coach is speaking in generalities as opposed to giving you a specific answer.

In the last case, I wish a coach would give a direct answer such as "that's none of your damn business", and moves on to the next question. Eventually the reporters will have to own up to the reality that they do not know what their "damn business" really is!
Ray is right - AGAIN! Yes, Coach Flores had 15 odd years of watching Bill Belichick giving non-answers to the media. He has been trained by the best to politely say nothing and he is a good learner. Chris Grier is also an honors graduate in giving non-answers. These guys are totally focused on the task at hand and they keep their cards close to their chests.

I'm just saying it would be hard to say Tua would look the same regardless ofif he played for Alabama and was surrounded by the best talent on the field rather than playey with lesser talent. That's like saying Mahomes would look the same playing with the Chiefs as he would playing for a team with a horrible o-line, no running game and poor recievers. It's not saying Tua is bad or untalented, but everyone always benifits by playing with better teammates and coaches.
We are dealing with a QB who reads the D pre and post snap do you understand how rare this is??

We have people getting overly excited about QBs who don’t read defen and who are being drafted on potential while some are assuming that Tua has reached his potential far from it

We have people losing their collective minds over Colt Brennan2 and can’t see the difference between arm talent and threading the ball into tight windows

The anomaly of this draft is there is one QB who is 6ft tall who has the presence of Wilson and the accuracy of Brees who can look off Safeties and move Safties with his shoulders - one QB with incredible intangibles - Tua changed the way Saban looks at Offensive football

I’ve seen enough of Grier to feel very confident he’s bad at playing poker and Tua will be our first first round pick.p, if given the chance.

Last edited:
Tua changed the way Saban looks at Offensive football

He also changed the way quarterbacks are evaluated. I believe the new smoke drill implemented this year for quarterbacks at the combine is because of a quarterback like Tua.

After everybody sees it they’ll understand why - if they’ve ever watched Tua play football.

I'm starved for football ... seems like it's been 2 years since I had hope. So, yeah, I watched/listened to them both in their entirety. Thanks @Banksy for posting them! But they didn't say anything. Lots of non-information and a tad bit of disinformation. Coach Flo mentioned Tua, Burrow, Herbert and Love ... but didn't mention Eason, so if there were any tell whatsoever it might be that they like Eason. Then again, our new/old OC is a RPO guy, and Eason is the only of the first round guys who does not really fit that system (nor does Jake Fromm who would be perfect in a Patriots system). So, who knows ... at least there's hope again. :)

If you read the tea leaves coming from Barry Jackson even they taking a qb top 5. Just a matter of which one.

that’s more reason why I believe they are gonna use some of that ammo and move for their guy. Unless cinci beats us to it

b jacks even says they are keying on tackles at 18. That’s a move you make to supplement your ride or die qb

the one that the owner holds you accountable for and you get fired over if it doesn’t pan out.
There's a good chance they won't even have pick #18 if they move up.

We are dealing with a QB who reads the D pre and post snap do you understand how rare this is??
...who can look off Safeties and move Safties with his shoulders

what i understand is his uga and clemson tape is trash. i guess the stuff where he reads Ds pre and post and moves safeties is in the northern new mexico state a&m tech tape.

1:36 mark

We have people getting overly excited about QBs who don’t read defen and who are being drafted on potential while some are assuming that Tua has reached his potential far from it

We have people losing their collective minds over Colt Brennan2 and can’t see the difference between arm talent and threading the ball into tight windows

The anomaly of this draft is there is one QB who is 6ft tall who has the presence of Wilson and the accuracy of Brees who can look off Safeties and move Safties with his shoulders - one QB with incredible intangibles - Tua changed the way Saban looks at Offensive football

I'm still not getting your point. All I said and all I'm saying is Tua had to be helped to some degree by having a team full of All-America and NFL prospective players than he would have been if he wasn't surrounded by as much talent. What it seems like you're saying is I'm wrong and Tua will be just as good in the NFL regardless of who you surround him with. If that's the case the team could just draft Tua and not even worry about filling out the rest of the roster or fixing the line because Tua is going to play and produce the exact same regardless of if he's playing with pro bowl players or scrubs. In my crazy way of looking at it any player, Tua iscluded will look better with quality teammates and coaching than with scrubs. I'm not saying the teammates made Tua a great player, but to say he wasn't helped by them seems illogical in my book.

I'm still not getting your point. All I said and all I'm saying is Tua had to be helped to some degree by having a team full of All-America and NFL prospective players than he would have been if he wasn't surrounded by as much talent. What it seems like you're saying is I'm wrong and Tua will be just as good in the NFL regardless of who you surround him with. If that's the case the team could just draft Tua and not even worry about filling out the rest of the roster or fixing the line because Tua is going to play and produce the exact same regardless of if he's playing with pro bowl players or scrubs. In my crazy way of looking at it any player, Tua iscluded will look better with quality teammates and coaching than with scrubs. I'm not saying the teammates made Tua a great player, but to say he wasn't helped by them seems illogical in my book.
You are saying both - I am saying the clear cut leader of this team of all everything players was Tua

Tua is the leader in this QB class

You are saying both - I am saying the clear cut leader of this team of all everything players was Tua

Tua is the leader in this QB class

No doubt he's the leader. I would say no doubt he's their best player. I'm just say Tua was helped by his surrounding talent more than he would have been by lesser talent. You can't play with a team full of that much talent and not have it assist you.

No doubt he's the leader. I would say no doubt he's their best player. I'm just say Tua was helped by his surrounding talent more than he would have been by lesser talent. You can't play with a team full of that much talent and not have it assist you.
I think you are speaking an obvious truth

Back
Top Bottom