GM Chris Grier and HC Brian Flores meet with the media at the NFL Combine | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GM Chris Grier and HC Brian Flores meet with the media at the NFL Combine

what i understand is his uga and clemson tape is trash. i guess the stuff where he reads Ds pre and post and moves safeties is in the northern new mexico state a&m tech tape.

1:36 mark

So a Junior is to be perfect because he plays for Saban at Bama??

Tua is not a finished product he just shows growth every year

I look forward to taking up burrows talk in the General NFL forum with you - I look forward to the excuses why Joe can’t move freely in the pocket playing for Cinci or Detroit - and how teams take away his underneath throws because his deep ball placement won’t scare them

Joe already trusts his legs too much to get him out of jams

Joe is not a quick twitch player he will have to read a d or run for his life - and make a living on the run - good luck with that

The days of bouncing off 21 year olds running up the gut is Over

BTW final score of a Bama vs UGA SEC championship??

Last edited:
I understand.

Just ask yourself one question - why would a writer make the assumption that a quarterback like Tua was a system quarterback, yet no such premise about a quarterback like Joe Burrow.

Look at the facts of the entire situation and ask yourself if it even makes sense from just purely a football perspective.
Very valid point.
My guess is because that question/premise about Burrow has been out there and already considered. It's an issue I've had with him(Burrow) for months.
I posted that about Tua becuase I had NOT heard such a thing about him, and wondered what people in the know would have to say. I am not an X's and O's guy, I've never coached, and I am still trying to learn all I can and I have a lot to absorb in that regard. There are awesome, insightful people on here who can really explain why a guy will fit a system/not fit a system, etc, and therefore I never hesitate to throw a question out there. Sometimes I will even ask a question I think I know the answer to because I might get even more information.
All that being said, one thing I noticed about Tua(or thought I noticed) was that he has a low release angle. Is that all in my lying eyes, or at his height, is that an issue; or am I not seeing that at all? As I watched him play this season, that was the only real negative that I, in my limited scouting ability, noticed.

He also changed the way quarterbacks are evaluated. I believe the new smoke drill implemented this year for quarterbacks at the combine is because of a quarterback like Tua.

After everybody sees it they’ll understand why - if they’ve ever watched Tua play football.
What's the smoke drill?

What's the smoke drill?
Timed smoke/now route drill: Quarterbacks will throw one pass to a receiver running a smoke/now route -- usually a route that is adjusted to at the line based on pre-snap reads indicating a quick completion will be available against soft coverage -- on each side consecutively.

that was the one they benched tua and hurts brought them back
Hurts or his teammates can’t have it both ways???

2018 I already stated Tua progressed

Tua did put up points in that SEC game - Hurts is gone yesterday’s news - that ship has sailed

Tua is going top 2 Hurts maybe 2nd I put him third Rd

Back
Top Bottom