GM don shula? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GM don shula?

dolphinfan34

I can do all things through christ!!!!
Reaction score
GM is don shula

don shula staed in a interview he was itching to get back ing to the game well here is a thought take and hire him 2 yrs. as gm get him back in to the swing of things, and if wannstedt does not do any good hire shula as the head coach

too long out of the game man. His last years at Miami weren't great drafting prospects. I like the guy, and really respect him for what he's done to the game, but It hink he'd bee too out of touch wtiht he game to adequately judge talent.

Not a very good idea. All it does is make the coach, whoever he is, very nervous about the guy looking over his shoulder. Yes, this is a bad idea indeed.

it could also be a good thing shula being the gm i mean a good ex-coach could give his insight in to it if the team owner were to let him

Shula was a much better coach than a GM. Shula didn't build those SB teams from the early 70s, he was one of the final pieces added. If anything, bring him back as the headcoach and hire a GM. I bet you he could get more out of this team than Wannstedt ever will.

Marv wants in and so does Don?

Every bills-fins game people will wait to see which coach first will have a nervous breakdown rather than watch the game.

Marv Levy is another guy I have tremendous respect for. I loved the way he coached.

Shula was brought in in 70 and he brought a whole load of people in the three Superbowl years. The guys that made up the no name defense and the OL.

Shula and Levy

It would be great for Shula to return it is a dream because I did not get to see Shula coach Much I was young. I did'nt really start watching the dolphins until 94 the year Marino returned against the Patriots that was the greatest performance I ever saw. Marino could not make a mistake yard after yard td after td. I was hooked that was the same year they lost to the chargers with a come from behind win the chargers made it to the SB. Two years later Shula retires. Levy and Shula are probably just to old no dis to niether their healthy but to late for a come back but it could happen. You never Know Levy goes to the Bills they may play for him because they respect him. Unlike some of the players do for Wanny.

shula will remain as consultant for wayne h. shula misses game day but not the time and energy needed to prepare each week. shula will probably always have something to do with the phins the rest of his days, official or not.

Originally posted by Jaj
Shula was brought in in 70 and he brought a whole load of people in the three Superbowl years. The guys that made up the no name defense and the OL.

Most of the Super Bowl years starters preceeded Shula to Miami, which shows how much of a difference a coach can make. Players who were here before Shula include: Howard Twilley, Paul Warfield, Doug Crusan, Larry Little, Norm Evans, Larry Seiple, Jim Mandich, Bob Griese, Jim Kiick, Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris, Manny Fernandez, Bob Heinz, Bill Stanfill, Mike Kolen, Nick Buoniconti, Doug Swift, Tim Foley, Curtis Johnson, Lloyd Mumphord, Dick Anderson, Jake Scott.
Some of them were drafted in 1970, Mandich, Foley, Johnson, Scott, Kolen; and Swift was an undrafted free agent, but the draft used to be in February back then and while Shula was named the HC on Feb 18, 1970, the draft plans were already in place and the credit for assembling this group of players must go to personnel man Joe Thomas. Shula may have prepared the meal, but Thomas bought most of the groceries. :)

Key players for the Super Bowl teams who arrived after Shula would include Earl Morrall, Marv Fleming, Vern Den Herder Jim Langer, Bob Kuechenberg, Marlin Briscoe and Wayne Moore.

Originally posted by Graythreat
too long out of the game man. His last years at Miami weren't great drafting prospects. I like the guy, and really respect him for what he's done to the game, but It hink he'd bee too out of touch wtiht he game to adequately judge talent.
i kinda agree with this. he was good at molding a player to what he wanted, but the FA situation escaped him completely!:rolleyes:

Shula will never be the Dolphins GM, because he himself has said that he was good at coaching, but bad with the money (GM .

Some guys can do it, some can't. He personally admitted he can't do both.

Back
Top Bottom