GM Grier and Coach Flores recap draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GM Grier and Coach Flores recap draft

I think he sees action the second half of the season

Nope.

Unless OL is like rocking...

And if ??? that's happening

why????

Fitz or Rosen can be productive with a run game and solid pass pro.

Of course especially Fitz. but maybe also especially Rosen!

Keep the competitive dream alive dear Fishy!

**hugs**

:lol:

Maybe "Its too early to speculate" means its too early to speculate..?

Perhaps. But I believe that kind of linear process ignores the code
of "coach speak," which is a definable vernacular and more specifically
a way of saying "something" by NOT saying something. These guys all
operate from the same premise for the most part -- as part of the N F L
collective mind... You either get "that" or you don't.

Bottom line -- very few speak in direct terms so everything is effectively
encoded in the way they convey certain core points.

Just like I said after Grier's predraft presser -- it was OBVIOUS to me
he was tipping his hand (unknowingly) to take Tua.

Don't believe me? Look it up.

Nope.

Unless OL is like rocking...

And if ??? that's happening

why????

Fitz or Rosen can be productive with a run game and solid pass pro.

Of course especially Fitz. but maybe also especially Rosen!

Keep the competitive dream alive dear Fishy!

**hugs**

:lol:

I think the coaches aren't fond of Rosen, it seemed like he was on a short leash last year compared to Fitz.

I think the coaches aren't fond of Rosen, it seemed like he was on a short leash last year compared to Fitz.

Perhaps. And even if ?? true

the kid has an opportinty

(at least theoretically) to

"turn his PRO career around"

which puts the onus of responsibility

on him! Does he have chutzpah

or not??? I'm curious to see...

Perhaps. And even if ?? true

the kid has an opportinty

(at least theoretically) to

"turn his PRO career around"

which puts the onus of responsibility

on him! Does he have chutzpah

or not??? I'm curious to see...

True, I'm sure he's even more motivated now that we drafted Tua but it's still a steep hill to climb when the coaches don't favor you. Rosen is gonna have to dominate mini camp and preseason games for the coaches to give him a legit shot.

Perhaps. But I believe that kind of linear process ignores the code
of "coach speak," which is a definable vernacular and more specifically
a way of saying "something" by NOT saying something. These guys all
operate from the same premise for the most part -- as part of the N F L
collective mind... You either get "that" or you don't.

Bottom line -- very few speak in direct terms so everything is effectively
encoded in the way they convey certain core points.

Just like I said after Grier's predraft presser -- it was OBVIOUS to me
he was tipping his hand (unknowingly) to take Tua.

Don't believe me? Look it up.
We both said the same thing about Grier, love to play poker with him if you know what I’m sayin:)

I think he sees action the second half of the season
I wouldn't be surprised. If Fitztragic shows up early in the season, fans will get impatient and start screaming to see Tua, especially if he has a good off-season. Also, if the team is playing really well but Fitz goes on an interception marathon, I can see Flo throwing in the towel and put Tua in.

Going to be interesting for sure. Of course, we all would like to see the kid sit for a year, but at the same time we're all dying to see what we can do in the pros.

Sad coach Flores lost two close friends to the virus

Other than that it's allows good to see him smiling. Something we never see during the season win or lose
I'm sure he gets that from Belichick who looks miserable even after a big win most times.
I get the feeling thats more of his demeanor not necessarily trying to mimick belicheck. I noticed he did get more excited than usual and showed emotion when we drafted the big DT Raekwon Davis.

I get the feeling thats more of his demeanor not necessarily trying to mimick belicheck. I noticed he did get more excited than usual and showed emotion when we drafted the big DT Raekwon Davis.
I noticed that too. Looks like he really wanted the big man in the middle (he's a physical monster 6'7", 311 lbs). With Christian Wilkins and Davon Godchaux in the rotation and the 2 new DEs on the edge (Lawson and Ogbah), we have completely changed the look of our D-line. Major investment in $ and Draft picks but this now goes from a weakness and becomes a potential strength of the team.
Note Brian Flores spent several of his early years in New England as a scout, before going into coaching. He has been trained by Bill Belichick on what to look for in constructing a team (ie the architecture) - eg the big men up front. The years spent regional scouting makes Brian Flores a bit different to most NFL coaches who are just taught to coach ie try to improve the players they are given. In fact, Miami has GM Chris Grier, Asst GM Marvin Allen and Coach Brian Flores and all spent years indoctrinated in the Patriot way of constructing an NFL team - all probably like big physical Defensive Tackles up the middle creating havoc.
Raekwon Davis comes gift wrapped with a crimson bow from another Belichick protege, Nick Saban at Alabama. The so called experts say we took him too early but this is a player we wanted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom