GM Grier and Coach Flores recap draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GM Grier and Coach Flores recap draft

I was curious about Wilfs when I saw the trade Tampa made, I wondered why we didn't offer a 3rd + our #18 to grab him. I'm not a big proponent of trading up, but Wilfs is a very agile lineman who played RT, our #5 overall pick was Tua (a left-handed QB), it would seem to have been a logical thing to do....

Perhaps we never had the chance, but it would have been glorious...lol.

I was curious about Wilfs when I saw the trade Tampa made, I wondered why we didn't offer a 3rd + our #18 to grab him. I'm not a big proponent of trading up, but Wilfs is a very agile lineman who played RT, our #5 overall pick was Tua (a left-handed QB), it would seem to have been a logical thing to do....

Perhaps we never had the chance, but it would have been glorious...lol.
To be fair it takes 2 to make a trade and talk is that 49ers did not want to drop down that far to 18. The other option would have been the Raiders a little before the niners. I also had read before the draft that we really liked Austin Jackson so he may have been the plan all along unless wirfs fell. I think the one they missed on was Ruiz but i saw that nobody expected the Saints to jump up and get him since they traded up to mid 2nd rd last year and drafted a center.

Flo RE Tua -- "It's way to early to speculate on this year.."

Right!

Translate = he's red-shirted!
It's probably the smart thing to do, Fitz will keep us competitive and Tua doesn't have to get thrown to the wolves. Mahomes him for 2020 and then unleash him in year two. Especially considering he'll have a proper off-season as well with full focus on the upcoming year.

It's probably the smart thing to do, Fitz will keep us competitive and Tua doesn't have to get thrown to the wolves. Mahomes him for 2020 and then unleash him in year two. Especially considering he'll have a proper off-season as well with full focus on the upcoming year.

Totally agree... Flo screwed the pooch a tad last year throwing Rosen to the wolves with NO pass pro NO run game and
NO hope at all... #5 pick in the draft YOU PROTECT that and certainly don't treat it like a deferred R2 (Rosen).

Back
Top Bottom