GM/Head Coach Candidates | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GM/Head Coach Candidates

Shula came from a winning team. Go get the coach and management we want. No more half measures.
Yes, but the relationship between Shula and Rosenbloom was the reason that happened. With the Colts being heavy favorites and the Jets beating them in the Super Bowl ticked Rosenbloom off and he blamed Shula for it so he traded him to the Dolphins. Don't see that in NO.

Whining? What are you talking about? Are you over caffeinated? And cut the condescending crap if you want to actually discuss something. Otherwise, the ignore feature should be your friend.

No more half measures comes from the current owners propensity to fire either one or the other of the GM/Head Coach. And on top of that, half stepping by going and hiring another first timer at either HC or GM is flat out a mistake. Act like a billionaire and go buy exactly what you want.

Shula was hired in 1970 after the Dolphins gave up a first round draft pick to the Baltimore Colts. I would have zero issue with going after Sean Payton and getting whatever GM would work well with him. Payton has the chops to be able to hire a competent staff and we would stop being out coached on Sundays like we do now.

Unless Flores turns this around, he and his buddy Grier should be tossed out on their heads. And there are plenty of warning flags with Flores being massively in over his head. The most glaring is the offensive/defensive staff (primarily offensive staff) turnover that is a yearly occurrence.

The doc's took me off the hard stuff (caffeinated) No more alcohol chocolate, beans, potatoes, soda pop, minimal dairy products etc. Fortunately, they removed all dark leafy greens, so I guess that helps a little.

Maybe this "healthy" diet is giving me a clearer insight into what's happening on the Dolphins then some of the other posters - what do you think - LOL

We need a coach who's an OC because then we'll know who's running our offense. The OC that coach hires will what he's told by the HC.
We can never trust a DC guy to find an OC.
The problem is, that OC that we hire for HC cant just be some other offensive HC's lackey. You know, like Philbin.
AND the HC we hire Has to be a 'leader of men'.

This wont be easy. To get the offensive mind HC we want, we're gonna have to let him do most of the player acquisition, IMO. Power is the only thing Miami can offer a good coach. Grier needs to be be GONE! And that new coach will have to have carte blanche control.
Than you going have defense problem...the same problem flo is having.he need good off coor. flo seem like good coordinator...who need be under a great or good coach...Bucs got great staff as well....

Does anyone know the story behind Philadelphia moving on from Doug Pederson?

I know he had early success there. Carson Wenz looked like a franchise quarterback early on as well.

Just seems odd that a team would fire a HC that won a super bowl a few years back. Incidentally, that was the first time I had seen NE have absolutely no answers to a team's offensive strategy. With Nick Foles at quarterback.

Does anyone know the story behind Philadelphia moving on from Doug Pederson?

I know he had early success there. Carson Wenz looked like a franchise quarterback early on as well.

Just seems odd that a team would fire a HC that won a super bowl a few years back. Incidentally, that was the first time I had seen NE have absolutely no answers to a team's offensive strategy. With Nick Foles at quarterback.
I think he would be good coach in miami.the only problem in miami. We need fix that QB position first

I think he would be good coach in miami.the only problem in miami. We need fix that QB position first
I know there are people who want to give up on Tua, but I don't think he's had a real chance yet. Obviously, this is a tough offensive line to play behind.

Maybe Tua just needs an offensive minded coach, or a better offensive coordinator?

I doubt Ross pulls the plug this year, but he might if Miami continues to play as poorly as it has.

I know there are people who want to give up on Tua, but I don't think he's had a real chance yet. Obviously, this is a tough offensive line to play behind.

Maybe Tua just needs an offensive minded coach, or a better offensive coordinator?

I doubt Ross pulls the plug this year, but he might if Miami continues to play as poorly as it has.
I would say this put urself in new coach shoe..how comfortable do u feel about Tua carrying a team on his back right now. If I took over w Tua I probably would be fired in 3yr...I wouldrather take chance on qb.. I want if I feel that way. Too much thing got go right for Tua to succeed in NFL.. not all is his fault...

The doc's took me off the hard stuff (caffeinated) No more alcohol chocolate, beans, potatoes, soda pop, minimal dairy products etc. Fortunately, they removed all dark leafy greens, so I guess that helps a little.

Maybe this "healthy" diet is giving me a clearer insight into what's happening on the Dolphins then some of the other posters - what do you think - LOL
If you become even more clear this board won’t know what to do. You’re posts usually are spot on! Best of luck health wise and please know many of us enjoy your wit, charm and football knowledge.

Phins Up.

I would say this put urself in new coach shoe..how comfortable do u feel about Tua carrying a team on his back right now. If I took over w Tua I probably would be fired in 3yr...I wouldrather take chance on qb.. I want if I feel that way. Too much thing got go right for Tua to succeed in NFL.. not all is his fault...
I just think it's too early to tell with Tua. His situation is so different from Herbert's.

Now, it could end up like Drew Brees with Miami giving up on Tua and then having him find success elsewhere.

😂. In all seriousness, that sounds like it sucks.

Back
Top Bottom