GM/Head Coach Candidates | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GM/Head Coach Candidates

I think Grier needs to go and Flores needs to be given a 1 year notice that he needs to find a real OC right now.

No more of this promotion good guy in house bull ****. A real guy that knows offense.

If we do fire Flores, though, I'd love Joe Brady. Real McVay feel to him

How much say do you think Flores had in player selection?
According to reports he had a major role.... Grier reportedly differed to Flores on many picks and FA signings.

They both must go.

I like Eric Biettime as coach. Steal a GM candidate from the Ravens, Chiefs 9ers. Someone who has seen what a good football team looks like

I think Grier needs to go and Flores needs to be given a 1 year notice that he needs to find a real OC right now.

No more of this promotion good guy in house bull ****. A real guy that knows offense.

If we do fire Flores, though, I'd love Joe Brady. Real McVay feel to him
No Flores needs to go with Grier. They are a package deal remember? Plus you allow the new GM to hire the coach he wants and not make him be stuck with Flores. It never seems to turn out well in those situations.

No Flores needs to go with Grier. They are a package deal remember? Plus you allow the new GM to hire the coach he wants and not make him be stuck with Flores. It never seems to turn out well in those situations.

What am I supposed To remember? Why are they a package when Grier has been here for close to 20 years and Flores for 3

What am I supposed To remember? Why are they a package when Grier has been here for close to 20 years and Flores for 3
Remember if you have a problem in that department the last 20+ years of constant ineptitude and the months and years of wasted time poor decisions and similar excuse makers blind to what they obviously don't want to see...

How about Gase ? should he have stayed ? only here a few years compared to Griers different levels of so called being a GM for much longer period of time.....Flores has shown his lack of HC skill like Gase did

Incompetence and bad decisions are being discussed here as the same package. In which both need to go both Flores and Griers . I personally think part of Griers down fall was having to much dependence on Flores's wants and strong influence. Though the great level of blowing the highly ample amount of assets acquired the last couple of years, the way he (grier) did is the big part of showing him the door too. But Flores is higher up the chain, blown more responsibilities and clearly needs to go. We don't have the time and reason to keep him to learn on the job, what its like and knowledge to be a good head coach. Something most don't think of but its two completely different jobs being a Def. Coord. and a head coach. One he's excellent in and the other clueless to a large degree.

Go back see sources explaining their relationship, take into mind the joke of handling the OL (still going on ), Coaching staff of musical coord's still going on and even they having little to no experience, miss handling building around a IMO a tremendous QB with huge potential needing support experience and stability also part of a HC responsibility's... It's all out there to see and hear just maybe educate yourselves more before jumping into the decision making process.... Hey just a little advice, I'am no just a fan for a long time and not an expert and its even clear to me, and thats mind blowing considering our HC and GM don't have much of a clue...

Lol! Where at this point now?

Here's what i honestly don't get. Coach Flo has overachieved with this team ever season he's been here. Obviously, It would take alot for him to accomplish something similiar with where the team currently stands now.

The question is hasn't this coach earned enough credit that if this ends up being a down year that he at least gets one more season to right the ship?

Both Grier and Flores need replaced. People are on here talking about hiring this coach or that coach. Nobody of substance is going to come in here until they hire a respected GM. People are shitting on the Dolphins lack of offensive game plan because they promoted 2 coaches this year to be our co-offensive coordinators. What if that’s the best they could do considering it’s been musical chairs with the OC’s the last 3 years?

This whole management structure is ****, starting with an owner who should have fired Grier along with Gase and his coaching staff!!

Ideal candidate, preferred qualities:

1. Has never worked for the Miami Dolphins and has no ties to anyone within the organization.
2. Under the age of 60.
3. Has some professional experience outside of football.
4. No connection to the New York Jets, or to any former NYJ executives currently advising Steve Ross.

If the team can manage that, the hiring process will have been a success. Fresh solutions are needed for recurring problems.
4. Are you referring to Higgins? Is he the clown that Ross relies on for football advice?

I haven’t studied Joe Brady closely but the results are self-evident. He has an excellent track record. Now, can he lead a full room and all the other parts of running a team, I cannot say. But his work with offenses and with QB’s speaks for itself.

According to reports he had a major role.... Grier reportedly differed to Flores on many picks and FA signings.

They both must go.

I like Eric Biettime as coach. Steal a GM candidate from the Ravens, Chiefs 9ers. Someone who has seen what a good football team looks like

This is literally the first thing GMs say to keep their job.

Grier is just not good at his job.

The reason you wait: Tua.

No reason to throw in the towel and fire Flores. Grier on the other hand I’m ok with dumping. Honestly it doesn’t make enough sense for me to do it right now. I’m just letting Grier know he can’t make any trades without owners approval.

You have no one to turn the reigns over too, on the coaching staff.

Things have set up nicely for Tua to be a savior. Maybe that happens? Maybe they (Ross) just give him a chance to save everyone’s job.

Nope, we will just to have to endure a little while longer. This sucks.
I agree with most of this. Flores has earned more time. Now, whether he can put together a quality coaching staff on the offensive side is a question.

I think both Flores and Grier are on the hot seat next year.

Absolutely right about Tua. What if Miami is an entirely different team with him under center? Could happen, although evaluating Tua behind this line may be difficult.

Back
Top Bottom