GM/Head Coach Candidates | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GM/Head Coach Candidates

What am I supposed To remember? Why are they a package when Grier has been here for close to 20 years and Flores for 3
Because I believe when Flores was hired he was told by Ross that him and Grier are a package deal. So if one goes they both go.

4. Are you referring to Higgins? Is he the clown that Ross relies on for football advice?

I certainly am. I am referring to Tannenbaum, Higgins, and other Jets schmucks that Steve Ross has decided to lean on for advice.

Perhaps I am the only one who noticed this, but consider that the New York Jets are a team notorious for being a media circus for quite a long time now. For longer than many posters here have been alive. Now consider that ever since NYC Billionaire Steve Ross, advised by multiple former Jets bozos, took control of the Dolphins, the team has also been a complete media clown show with leaks, gossip, and public backstabbing now being the order of the day.

These people need to be purged from every aspect of the organization.

I certainly am. I am referring to Tannenbaum, Higgins, and other Jets schmucks that Steve Ross has decided to lean on for advice.

Perhaps I am the only one who noticed this, but consider that the New York Jets are a team notorious for being a media circus for quite a long time now. For longer than many posters here have been alive. Now consider that ever since NYC Billionaire Steve Ross, advised by multiple former Jets bozos, took control of the Dolphins, the team has also been a complete media clown show with leaks, gossip, and public backstabbing now being the order of the day.

These people need to be purged from every aspect of the organization.
100% agree. I am guessing Ross will never see it the way we do. When it comes to this stuff, he is loyal to a fault, so it looks like as long as Ross or one of his kids are in control, we will be looking at the same ole, same ole. As they say, money doesn't solve everything. 😒

No Flores needs to go with Grier. They are a package deal remember? Plus you allow the new GM to hire the coach he wants and not make him be stuck with Flores. It never seems to turn out well in those situations.
Need someone that understands the nfl game today, not what the nfl was 25 years ago. Hell even 10 years ago.

GM Go get Scott Pioli or Louis Riddick. I am numb and Grier has got to go.
Head Coach (Veteran Offensive Mind) But, I got nothing.

It is getting to a time for accountability and it on Coach Flores period 3 *ucking games straight unprepared and uninspired no lack of urgency. What are you going to do about this pathetic offense? Coach Flores you need to take a hard look at it this week and change it or us fans are going to be lighting the fires for your burning at the stake. ITS TIME TO STARTING COACHING and your not!!!!!!

I'm drawing a blank on GM candidates but like yours

I like the idea of Doug P but will suggest 2 names for HC which I may get some heat for.....Jason Garret & Bill O'Brien.

My caveat is that Bill makes no personnel decisions.

p.s. As long as we getting hypothetical, Why not hire Cynthia Frelund (NFLN) as a full time analytics expert?

It's probably time for a thread on this for real. We talk about the draft this early when we suck. GM/HC change is inevitable at this point. It's going to happen.
You would think so but i think they give them another year

The reason you wait: Tua.

No reason to throw in the towel and fire Flores. Grier on the other hand I’m ok with dumping. Honestly it doesn’t make enough sense for me to do it right now. I’m just letting Grier know he can’t make any trades without owners approval.

You have no one to turn the reigns over too, on the coaching staff.

Things have set up nicely for Tua to be a savior. Maybe that happens? Maybe they (Ross) just give him a chance to save everyone’s job.

Nope, we will just to have to endure a little while longer. This sucks.
So you are going to depend on the owner in regards to trades?

She knows the financial aspects of the game but that certainly doesn’t mean she has any knowledge when it comes to selecting players in the draft or in free agency.
Start with a generalized master plan the owner understands and agrees with, identifying players and coaches we want to keep during the re-build. Get the new coaches as soon as possible! Establish a budget including the cap, available new salaries, and Scouting support.
First rule for a GM - Don't screw up
2nd rule for a GM - Make sure the coaches & scouts KNOW THEIR JOBS and do them well.
3rd rule for a GM - Listen to what the coach's want.
4th rule for a GM - Look at the Scouting reports and determine how the available draft crop matches up with:
-A) The Master Plan
-B) The Coaches stated needs (should be prioritized i.e. QB, OL (Center, then the rest), DL (Nose tackle, then the rest), O-backfield (RB's who can block and catch, then the rest), D-backfield, (LB's, then the rest), ST( Kickers, then the rest) who should all look like strong backups for the Offense and Defense)
-C) The scouts reports about players who play positions of need for this draft and the following two drafts.
-D) Build a functional and balanced team, starting with a QB, the OL, DL and the kickers, then everybody else.
-E) Identify and target any truly generational talent coming up in the draft, while focusing how to get them and still be building a balanced team.
Establish a draft board with every pick based on a combination of priorities i.e. Generational talent, positions of need, Team balance
-F) WIN

See how simple that is - LOL

Need someone that understands the nfl game today, not what the nfl was 25 years ago. Hell even 10 years ago.
Ross screwed up when he retained Grier after letting Gase and Tannebaum go. That was the perfect time to clean house and hire someone who knows how to build a team the right way. Instead we are stuck with Grier and Flores and a clown show product on and off the field.

Back
Top Bottom