GM/Head Coach Candidates | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GM/Head Coach Candidates

Something is very up with Bieniemy seeing he has been passed over multiple times. Just don't know what.
Do you think Byron has anything, Anything to do with Tampa's success? I do not
We have seen some head coaches hired in recent seasons and they haven't called plays on either side of the ball. I'm not sure why Bieniemy hasn't got a chance, but sooner or later he should get an opportunity.

A lot of Tampa's success might not have been down to Leftwich, however the same could be said about the likes of Zac Taylor and Matt LaFleur. Their opportunities because of McVay's success with the Rams. This off season Sirianni got a head coaching gig with the Eagles despite not calling plays with the Colts. Hires like that happen in today's NFL because lots of teams are looking for the next Sean McVay. Is Leftwich the next McVay? Who knows. It is fair to say he's worked with Brady last season and this season, but in 2019 he was their OC when Winston threw for 5109 yards and 33 TDs, though there was 30 INTs. So his experience is not all tied to Brady and he has been learning from Arians.

Potential GM's (I'll eventually add more)

Mike Borgonzi - Been with the Chiefs since 2009 and is the current director of football operations. Described by Peter Schrager from GMFB as the Chiefs' secret weapon.

Adam Peters - Started out with the Patriots as a pro and area scout then moved over to the Broncos where he stayed for eight years rising through the ranks to become director of college scouting in 2016. He moved to the 49ers in 2017 to be vice president of player personnel and just this year he was promoted to assistant general manager.

Dan Morgan - Joined the Seahawks as a scouting intern in 2010 then became the assistant director of player personnel in 2011 before being promoted to the director in 2015. Jumped to the Bills in 2018 to serve in the same role then left in 2021 to become the assistant general manager of the Panthers.

We have seen some head coaches hired in recent seasons and they haven't called plays on either side of the ball. I'm not sure why Bieniemy hasn't got a chance, but sooner or later he should get an opportunity.

A lot of Tampa's success might not have been down to Leftwich, however the same could be said about the likes of Zac Taylor and Matt LaFleur. Their opportunities because of McVay's success with the Rams. This off season Sirianni got a head coaching gig with the Eagles despite not calling plays with the Colts. Hires like that happen in today's NFL because lots of teams are looking for the next Sean McVay. Is Leftwich the next McVay? Who knows. It is fair to say he's worked with Brady last season and this season, but in 2019 he was their OC when Winston threw for 5109 yards and 33 TDs, though there was 30 INTs. So his experience is not all tied to Brady and he has been learning from Arians.
I’d stay away from Leftwich. He is riding Brady’s coat tells like Gase was with Manning.

Pillage from Dallas scenario:
GM
Will McClay
Came into the picture after the 2013 draft for Dallas after the scouts and the defensive coordinator at the time fought on draft night. Scouts wanted Shariff Floyd, Rod Marnelli didn't want him. So enters McClay to get everyone on same page. Over the years his voice and direction in the FO has grown. The drafts dallas has had with McClay have been way better before him. FA had gone more conservative but IMO that's a JJ/SJ being cheaper with outside players.

He does like Dallas and has turned down other teams in the past. But, Ross has money(more than Jones) and maybe they can convince him to jump ship and finally gain the GM title.

Head Coach:

Kellen Moore.

Offensive minded coach. Has done wonders with Dak Prescott and the Dallas offense. This year he really has found that perfect game plan/sense of what plays to call.
Younger, and may not have many contacts around the league so getting a competent DC might be tough.

Last edited:
What if Miami added a quality, experienced offense coordinator?

I do have my doubts with Flores after how poorly the defense is playing, but I hope he can make some adjustments. I doubt Ross replaces him this year.

Grier has to go.between pissing away money in FA and draft capital for a bunch of RAW undeveloped talent with no veteran leadership around is about as dumb as can be.

IMO i just hope Ross sells the team.He is the 1 that got us into this **** storm.

Bring in Peters and let the dominoes fall

I hope the Steelers are dumb enough to let go of Mike Tomlin somehow.

Him and Scott Pioli or whoever the GM for Buffalo is would make a nice improvement. Ozzie Newsome would be ideal in my mind. That guy would set this franchise on the right track.

Offensive-minded coach please

Please no one from the Patriots

Bieniemy is risky bc how much of his success is just Mahomes ad-libbing with some of the best players in the league

As for GM, ive me someone from the Bills scout team

One day we will learn that you can't keep hiring inexperienced managers to run your store and expect to compete in the first few years with stores that have management with several years of experience. As long as Miami is a destination for young head coaches looking to grow on the job the team is going to have its ups and downs. Look at the Dolphins all-time record with head coaches that had experience at that position at the NFL level and the record with coaches that had at least held the job for a year year elsewhere. One side of the ledger has winning records and numerious playoffs and the other is a losing record with very few playoff trips.

Guys we will not be discussing Gruden here.

Something is very up with Bieniemy seeing he has been passed over multiple times. Just don't know what.
Do you think Byron has anything, Anything to do with Tampa's success? I do not
Everyone knows why Eric isn't being hired..If your the most famous player at your school and your banned from going there....that's a ..say ..rapey /assautly sitiuation....look it up.

Here's an interesting analysis of GM grades for all the teams in case anyone was wondering how Grier stacks up against the others (in this writers eyes):

If you dont feel like clicking, its #16 smack dab in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom