GM Time - Dalvin Cook Versus The Bank | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GM Time - Dalvin Cook Versus The Bank

Spend the Byron Jones Money on Dalvin Cook or Bank It To Help With Next Year's Payroll

• Dalvin Cook

Votes: 62 56.9%
  • Bank

Votes: 47 43.1%

• Total voters
Our current RB room is not stacked. Two old injury prone vets making near the minimum and a rookie? One very predictable Mostert injury away from Wilson starting for the rest of the year with a rookie backup? Ok, maybe we are stacked on the OL too and I just didn't realize it.
Mostert had a hairline fracture in his knee that has supposedly been fixed, so we’ll see. The vets + Achane are probably good enough vs adding what, another $10 million per for a running back who just had surgery to repair his torn labrum? Vs what else could we do with that money? That’s the issue I have, if you can get him cheap, then no problem, go for it, but if you want to pay a running back huge money and extend him for his 3rd contract, then hit me in the head with a hammer, that would be dumb.

There’s a rumor we could trade for Floyd from the Rams, wouldn’t that be a better use of funds? 10 Sacks per year? There’s another rumor that Jonah Williams from the Bengals could be available in a trade wouldn’t that be a better idea? No, let’s throw $10 million at another running back?!

Mostert had a hairline fracture in his knee that has supposedly been fixed, so we’ll see. The vets + Achane are probably good enough vs adding what, another $10 million per for a running back who just had surgery to repair his torn labrum? Vs what else could we do with that money? That’s the issue I have, if you can get him cheap, then no problem, go for it, but if you want to pay a running back huge money and extend him for his 3rd contract, then hit me in the head with a hammer, that would be dumb.

There’s a rumor we could trade for Floyd from the Rams, wouldn’t that be a better use of funds? 10 Sacks per year? There’s another rumor that Jonah Williams from the Bengals could be available in a trade wouldn’t that be a better idea? No, let’s throw $10 million at another running back?!
I would much rather have Jonah Williams than Cook, but Williams isn’t just a matter of cap space. Are you going to trade a second round pick for him?

I was on the Cook train earlier this off-season, but I quite like our current RB room. I think Achane will make plays as a rookie, and I was pleased last year with both Wilson and Mostert. I just don’t think we need him.

Give me edge help or OL (ideally OL help) over Cook 100%.

Back
Top Bottom