Go Back A Year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go Back A Year

NJFINSFAN1

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Okay, was it me, or when this whole Ricky thing happened, did not Ricky say he had faith in Minor to carry the load. And were they not good friends.

I think I remember this being so?

If so, how ironic is it that if Ricky does indeed come back, Minor may be the one to be cut.

I Don't remember Ricky saying that. I remember Wanny saying that, but then again we all know where he is now!

Oboy said:
I Don't remember Ricky saying that. I remember Wanny saying that, but then again we all know where he is now!

I though I remember quotes from Ricky about this, but not sure.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I though I remember quotes from Ricky about this, but not sure.

he actually went as far as saying that minor was better and quicker than him...no doubt...i remember this.

go fins!

for sure, he complimented Minor about his uncaracteristic strength and said he may be better because of his speed. Yes, it would be very ironic to see Ricky take Minor's roster spot

Yes, there was something pretty close to what you were saying. One of those unnamed source thing said RW waited until after Eddie George was gone so as to ensure Minus a better chance at the job. Thanks RopeWeed.

Ricky is always looking out for himself. I'm sure he doesn't care what happens to Minor.

Sal Lisitano said:
he actually went as far as saying that minor was better and quicker than him...no doubt...i remember this.

go fins!
I actually remember hearing that too, I did some searching but to no avail. But I remember Ricky had a lot of complimentary things to say about Minor and remember saying Minor was quicker was definitely one of them. Just makes me wonder. A lot of people say it wasn't fair to judge AJ or Gordon behind our Offensive Line. But was it really fair to judge Minor? I mean a lot of people including myself were thinking he'd fill right in and have a 1000 yard season. Maybe our expectations were just too high for him and we had been in so much disbelief after the whole Ricky retirement. He got injured Week 1 so really can't hold that against him, but I just don't think he really got such a fair shot even though he was out played by Morris. He'll most likely get released I feel because of Lamar Gordon, the acquisition of Kay Jay Harris, and Mr. Ricky Williams himself returning.

painnotpleasure said:
I actually remember hearing that too, I did some searching but to no avail. But I remember Ricky had a lot of complimentary things to say about Minor and remember saying Minor was quicker was definitely one of them. Just makes me wonder. A lot of people say it wasn't fair to judge AJ or Gordon behind our Offensive Line. But was it really fair to judge Minor? I mean a lot of people including myself were thinking he'd fill right in and have a 1000 yard season. Maybe our expectations were just too high for him and we had been in so much disbelief after the whole Ricky retirement. He got injured Week 1 so really can't hold that against him, but I just don't think he really got such a fair shot even though he was out played by Morris. He'll most likely get released I feel because of Lamar Gordon, the acquisition of Kay Jay Harris, and Mr. Ricky Williams himself returning.

Good point! Minor had the same line as AJ and Jay.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Okay, was it me, or when this whole Ricky thing happened, did not Ricky say he had faith in Minor to carry the load. And were they not good friends.

I think I remember this being so?

If so, how ironic is it that if Ricky does indeed come back, Minor may be the one to be cut.

no, your right it wasnt wanny it wuz ricky who said that. I remember clearly
but even then I knew' it wasnt true.right,or possible.

gonick1 said:
no, your right it wasnt wanny it wuz ricky who said that. I remember clearly
but even then I knew' it wasnt true.right,or possible.

he was just trying to get the attention elsewhere

Sal Lisitano said:

go fins!

Of course, he was high when he said that. :bong:

I also remember Ricky being quoted as saying something to the effect that we will be alright as Travis Minor is a good RB and he is faster than him etc. etc. It was in the Miami Herald I think....

Back
Top Bottom