Go For 2 if Fins score TD there at end? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go For 2 if Fins score TD there at end?

I wouldn’t have. We clearly had the momentum at that stage and I would trust our D to hunker down despite not playing great earlier. Plus a tie wouldn’t have been that bad of a scenario because it would still have left us in control of our own destiny.

I think I wouldve. Miami D inability to stop the run makes me hesitant to let Denver's O keep pounding.
I agree. Putting Fitz in sparked the offense, and they came back (in this scenario) to be in a position to either go for the tie or the win. Since the offense just moved all the way down the field to get that TD, they were on a roll and had momentum in their favor so why not try one more play. Besides, while it wasn't a "beatdown" on the scoreboard, it was on the field! Miami couldn't stop Denver's running game or defend against the short passes, so heading into OT would be IMO more of a gamble than going for 2. Besides, that was an easy win for Denver and with how they had their way with Miami it would've taken a miracle for the Dolphins to win, so WTH, go for the miracle!

Flo would have had to have brass balls to do so, personally I would like to know if he would have went for 2

Back
Top Bottom