Go Get Cam | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go Get Cam

We might sign Wake after week 1.
Between Cam Newton, Cam Wake and Cam Cameron, the only "Cam" with a chance of being a Dolphin next year is Wake, and I put that at about a 5% chance as I think he'll retire. I would like to see him retire a Dolphin but I don't think anyone will remember him as a Titan regardless.

I feel comfortable in saying this current regime under Flores will not fall into the trap of previous regimes in jumping on this guy and that guy that becomes available in a band-aid attempt to get better. Those band-aid approaches usually ignore the fact that you're pursuing what the player has done not what they can do now - and at times ignoring "fit" which includes character, positional skillset within the scheme etc.

I really feel there is a plan here and they are going to stick to it. Fitz is the QB until the rookie drafted this year supplants him. He's perfect for a rebuilding team.

Between Cam Newton, Cam Wake and Cam Cameron, the only "Cam" with a chance of being a Dolphin next year is Wake, and I put that at about a 5% chance as I think he'll retire. I would like to see him retire a Dolphin but I don't think anyone will remember him as a Titan regardless.

I feel comfortable in saying this current regime under Flores will not fall into the trap of previous regimes in jumping on this guy and that guy that becomes available in a band-aid attempt to get better. Those band-aid approaches usually ignore the fact that you're pursuing what the player has done not what they can do now - and at times ignoring "fit" which includes character, positional skillset within the scheme etc.

I really feel there is a plan here and they are going to stick to it. Fitz is the QB until the rookie drafted this year supplants him. He's perfect for a rebuilding team.

Sadly, Quesy and FistPump had 'a plan.' But, yeah, this feels like an actual NFL-level plan.

The plan that brought Pennington and Jake Long was not a bad one, it just got derailed after the injury to Pennington who was terrific until he broke down.

Parts of the plan, yes. Most of the plan, no. And wildcat wasn't a plan - it was desperation

Parts of the plan, yes. Most of the plan, no. And wildcat wasn't a plan - it was desperation
That's why I specified Jake Long and Chad Pennington. I'm also not sure I'd call the Wildcat desperation. They found something that worked extremely well and they smartly ran with it (no pun intended) until teams showed they could stop it. I'll never criticize a team for thinking outside the box and being innovative knowing full well others will laugh at it. It takes some boldness to not do things that fit the traditional view of what a football offense should be.

That's why I specified Jake Long and Chad Pennington. I'm also not sure I'd call the Wildcat desperation. They found something that worked extremely well and they smartly ran with it (no pun intended) until teams showed they could stop it. I'll never criticize a team for thinking outside the box and being innovative knowing full well others will laugh at it. It takes some boldness to not do things that fit the traditional view of what a football offense should be.

I agree, but the wildcat wouldn't have appeared had Miami not looked flat the 1st two games. Tony wanted a spark and found it. I suspect the only disagreement we really have is "boldness" vs. "desperation." Matter of perspective

Ha Cam!

I use dive for footballs in the streets of Miami to make a play back when i was a kid and that dude can't even fall on a ball in the Super Bowl. No thanks, keep that weak sauce out of town!

I agree, but the wildcat wouldn't have appeared had Miami not looked flat the 1st two games. Tony wanted a spark and found it. I suspect the only disagreement we really have is "boldness" vs. "desperation." Matter of perspective
Lol. Well said. I merely thought desperation was a strong word. We can probably both agree on this - watching them shove it down the Patriot’s throat at Foxboro and then having no answer was sweet.

I I had the choice between Winston and Newton... I take Jameis and never look back. He's younger, he's healthier... and he isn't a freaking flake.

Now... I really don't want either, but at least Winston has an upside.

At first I never gave it a chance but just hit me. Newton can ****in strive in Miami!! it would be nasty. Hes a Freak! He wants to WIN! He can play. I would love it and the vibe! Gesicki and Parker and Preston gon eat.
Then go out draft simmons, OL, X mckinney
Let's go

Needs to go to his fortress of solitude and recover from the Kryptonite scars after "being a hero" in Carolina... Fitz has our team on his back since last season and unless the rook or Rosen is ready Fitz will be keeping the seat warm ...

Cam can find some other hip hop market to display his fashion, accessories and sulky/pouty attitude (when his tights get bunched up a bit or his cape gets ruffled) ...

Any QB will be on a one year (at the most) timetable before our new leader (hopefully the plan) takes over ... then said QB can go somewhere else or retire ...

Don't need a 30 yr. old QB coming off injury to muddle the future

Cam Newton already has a thread in here somewhere .... adding your thoughts to the original shows support for other posters and doesn't clutter the board with redundant threads ... IMO of course

Newton can't thrive anywhere. He always has been and always will be an overrated inaccurate diva QB who is a better runner than thrower. I wouldn't want Newton anywhere near this franchise. 0-8 in his last eight starts. Kyle freaking Allen did more with the talent around him than Cam Newton did.

Newton can't thrive anywhere. He always has been and always will be an overrated inaccurate diva QB who is a better runner than thrower. I wouldn't want Newton anywhere near this franchise. 0-8 in his last eight starts. Kyle freaking Allen did more with the talent around him than Cam Newton did.
I wouldn’t say he can’t thrive. A QB of his talent level can always thrive in the right setting. Remember his mvp season? If you make it easy on him as far as decision making he can do good stuff

I wouldn’t say he can’t thrive. A QB of his talent level can always thrive in the right setting. Remember his mvp season? If you make it easy on him as far as decision making he can do good stuff
If you take away his ability to run, he's done as an effective QB. He's an awful decision maker and an inaccurate thrower. At this stage of his career, you don't build your offense around him.

Back
Top Bottom