Go Get Jamal Adams! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go Get Jamal Adams!

Jets reportedly want a 1st and maybe one or two 3rd rounders.

We have our QB - so we really don't need a 1st rounder for a QB next year. I don't see the next Cameron Wake beast DE in next years draft either. So since we won't be going after Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields - I say give up a first rounder.

Other than the 2 QB's mentioned above - who is a better player than Jamal in next years draft?

Jamal provides HOF level Safety play IMO - he is a straight up beast.

We have the picks to give up, we have the money - let's do it.

Or do you all feel that we have spent enough in the secondary?
One word. No.

Forbes is reportedly saying that revenue could dip by just under 40% this season, you can bet that the cap will decrease by at least 10% next year if that happens. Save the cap space we have and keep developing internally, cap space will be a MASSIVE asset in 2021. This may be a big reason why we front loaded our contracts this year as wrll.

I would but with the money we have invested in the secondary right now it would be crazy to spend more right now. I would have taken him over Byron though. The guy is scary as hell

I can’t believe they’d trade him. Gase being Gase I guess and going to get rid of his best players.
You nailed it. Good as gone. We saw that one too many times. Im sure he has convinced mngt they can avoid paying him, get picks and get his replacement

I'd trade them the lower of our two 1st rounders (ours or Houstons) and a 3rd in a heartbeat.

Top quality player at a position of complete need, and you get him a year earlier than whoever you would pick in '21.

And he's only 24 years old.
I don't see the "year earlier" being particularly important, as compared with cost of a long term contract + a rd1 pick, in this particular circumstance.

I don't see the "year earlier" being particularly important, as compared with cost of a long term contract + a rd1 pick, in this particular circumstance.
What is the situation there? Is he holding out? Or is he griping for money? I think with the draft gone, the uncertainty of a season (and how that effects where you pick) AND maybe a lower cap, the Jets might be stuck until 2021. In 2021, if certain things happen after a season of promise, Miami could pull the trigger. I agree w a poster saying that we just dont know what kind of picks we own. For example, if Houston is winning like crazy, and the Adam’s situation still exist, Maybe you go ahead and make the trade during the season or after the season knowing that it’s a lower first round pick.

We're going to need both 1's and he's going to want a big contract too when that time comes. We have way too much money spent on our secondary as it is. On top of that, we give the next coach for the Jets (Gase will be gone this year) a second first rounder? Nah. Big nah.

We're going to need both 1's and he's going to want a big contract too when that time comes. We have way too much money spent on our secondary as it is. On top of that, we give the next coach for the Jets (Gase will be gone this year) a second first rounder? Nah. Big nah.
In 2021, however, it is a possibility. Howard could be moved to make room. They could draft hs replacement. It depends on how close we are to being a team that can compete.
Now overall, I agree. Mia needs to probably draft these positions because that seems to be their biz plan and is also the smart thing to do.

LOL at Adams providing HOF safety play.

Dude can tackle...thats all he does is tackle...and whine.

Hes not a playmaker

But it's a fact. You get the player to play for you in 2020 instead of 2021. That has value, whether you feel it's particularly important or not.

My main point was that if our pick or the Houston pick were in the late part of the first round, I would do it.

It is never going to happen, as many have said, because the Jets likely want him out of the division.

But if the only cost to get Jamal Adams right now over whoever we might pick late in the first round next season is a third round pick and money, count me in.

Back
Top Bottom