Go Get Jamal Adams! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go Get Jamal Adams!

granted he's a good player, BUT you run into 1 of 2 issues possibly. He wants way too much money to resign and then you are paying a **** load for the franchise tag, or 2) he acts like Tunsil and is pretty much able to hold the team hostage since they spent so much for them, hence why tunsil got the massive pay day instead of just paid. I guarantee you, if he is traded then he is the highest paid safety by a large margin by the team that got him come next season. If we want him, its best to wait til next year, if he's not tagged, we can prob get him for a million or so less a season. but noway we can have that much invested with adams, howard, and jones

Terrific player but it would make no sense for the Fins to give a very high 1st rounder plus more to then pay him top dollar at his position.

They already have the most expensive secondary in the league.

They can use an early pick next year on a top safety and pay that guy a tiny % of what Adams would cost.

Or invest picks in money in areas where Miami is weaker, since the secondary is one of their obvious strengths.

The only way I see this having a chance is to trade X for him even up ...

Given the contract he will require will cause us to reduce our cap, even with our current ‘fluff’ ...

He is too much of a head case. You invest draft picks and money into acquiring him, how much will that feed his ego to untouchable status? Will he listen to coaches at all? I wouldn’t want to make that gamble.

Last edited:
If we like make it to the afc championship game and he’s the last player we need sure but as of now I see too many holes to trade away multiple picks.

Get Reshad Jones back, why would a team give up a ist round pick a 2 3rd rounders and to pay him 20 mil, that would put the team in cap jail.

Get Reshad Jones back, why would a team give up a ist round pick a 2 3rd rounders and to pay him 20 mil, that would put the team in cap jail.
Get Rashad back to do what exactly?

His skills have seriously declined, and there is a youth movement afoot.

Afoot???.......I'm not sure I've ever typed that word before in my entire life.

Question, could we afford the following scenario? Trade X for Adams straight up(or throw in a 6 or 7th round pick), then sign Logan Ryan. A defensive backfield of Howard, Ryan, and Adams would be awesome. Let Igbinoghene play and learn from Ryan to eventually take over for him in 2 to 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom