Go get Kyle Rudolph | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go get Kyle Rudolph

I normally am not a “we have to sign that guy” type but for some reason I had visions of a Kyle Rudolph from 4-5 years ago in my head. I didn’t realize his productivity had dropped off so much. Figured he was a cap casualty but still a good player.

Exactly- loved the player like 5 years ago.

No thank you on Rudolph. Good player, but our TE room is at the best spot it's been for decades ... maybe ever. We legitimately have a good move TE who is a terrific seam threat in the length/speed mismatch guy Mike Gesicki. We have a competent blocking TE in Durham Smythe who is cerebral and really the glue of that TE room. We have a high-talent 3rd TE who can do both roles in our Baby Gronk Adam Shaheen. All three young and ascending. We promoted their coach to Co-OC, so he's the guy who would need to sign off on replacing one of those guys and paying the price to do it.

I simply can't see Rudolph being a beneficial acquisition for us. We're not in a spot where he is worth the money, and we're not in a spot where the step up in talent is good enough. In this salary cap hovering year, someone may get a good deal with Rudolph ... maybe a team like Pittsburgh if they had the cap space. But, he doesn't make sense for the Dolphins, IMHO.

No matter who is cut, there is always someone on here who wants to sign that player. I figure there is always a reason teams cut older players. It is because they are too expensive and no longer the player they were when they were younger. Rudolph seems to fit this description and considering the fact the Dolphins just cut a player who also fits this description, I don’t see Rudolph being a player the Dolphins would have an interest in signing.

I would rather see the Dolphins spend their cap money on younger players who will make more of an impact and stick around for the next several years.

No matter who is cut, there is always someone on here who wants to sign that player. I figure there is always a reason teams cut older players. It is because they are too expensive and no longer the player they were when they were younger. Rudolph seems to fit this description and considering the fact the Dolphins just cut a player who also fits this description, I don’t see Rudolph being a player the Dolphins would have an interest in signing.

I would rather see the Dolphins spend their cap money on younger players who will make more of an impact and stick around for the next several years.
Players like Van Noyes and Rudolph are cut when they aren't playing up to their salary. It doesn't mean they aren't worthwhile at the right price necessarily.

Nope.

He wanted a bigger role on the team and wasn't willing to restructure his deal.

He's guy in decline who still thinks he's in his prime. He's no Witten in that he can be slow but still get open.

He's an all about ME type of player that this team doesn't need.

Back
Top Bottom