Go Get Rodgers? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go Get Rodgers?

If Rodgers leaves we’re going to be in the tank for a long time.
Personally I dont think he leaves and and you get a 2-3 more most likely very productive seasons from him but take solace in the fact your team has shown a willingness to spend a draft pick on QB even though they have a great one in place (Rodgers/Favre.... Love/Rodgers). The Packers no doubt get how important the position is, how a young QB can benefit playing behind an elite vet and how regardless of need that the QB position is one you throw resources at to ensure you get it right. That doesn't guarantee anything about Jordan Love but the mindset of the organization is sound.

Would rather stick with younger QB. Stick with the plan.

Rodgers is still one of the best but he just lacks that killer instinct when it comes playoff time.

12-9 in playoffs but only 2-5 when the game is close. A lot of blowout early wins. If you keep him close in playoffs he falters more often than not.

FinHeaven: where all franchise Quarterbacks arent worth trading for but Ryan Fitzpatrick would have won us a superbowl.
@Dan13Forever wasn't here when finheaven anoited Jay Fiedler, or the Ray Lucas bandwagon. The Cleo Lemons, the "insert" mediocre qb. Not saying Ryan isn't mediocre, but Ryan has a good history of playing horrible after a stride of great games.

If Rodgers leaves we’re going to be in the tank for a long time.
I hope the Packers are smart enough to sign him to a new 4 year contract but they were basically in a win NOW mode this past season. They really have no cap space at this time and they will likely lose quite a few solid starters in free agency.

I don’t know how they feel about Love at this time but they drafted him as high as they did to replace Rogers. Whether that replacement will take place next season or in a few years remains to be seen. Unfortunately for Packer fans this past season appears to be the best chance the Packers had to win a SB. I think going forward Packer fans will likely experience what most fan bases experience most years. A team that needs to rebuild through the draft with a young QB they hope will turn out to be a solid starter in the NFL.

C’mon now. It’s just getting silly....
silly bugs bunny GIF

Since you decided to go here, I gotta specifically comment on it. Because IMO it shows a complete lack of understanding.

Even the late great Bill Walsh once said, “Joe Montana was the product of the system, Dan Marino was the system."

I wouldn’t call Brady a product of a system per se, but rather the product of a great team and great organization. Unlike Marino, Brady didn’t play for many super flawed teams. Teams devoid of good defense and special teams. And when the Pats were flawed, they didn’t win Super Bowls. Or even appear in them.....................
In all time sports discussions I always differentiate GOATs and BOATs - Greatest vs Best. (In boxing I've had these arguments with some of the actual candidates for GOATS and BOATS; I was a pro boxing cutman for many years). I consider Brady the GOAT, as much as I don't like it, but at least arguably is not the BOAT. Marino cannot be the GOAT for me (still in the top 5-7), but is in the argument for BOAT.

Amen. This is how I see it as well. To be called the greatest, as Brady has been called, there should be some blowout, domination at some point. Neither Super Bowl fits that bill. Brady is so lucky that he never once had to even play for a bad team.

Every player that wins a title(s) is fortunate. Their super star talent is one thing, but only goes so far. It’s about being in the right org and the right team. Things a player doesn’t always have control over. And even when they do via FA it can often be a calculated risk. Often derailed by bad luck and/or poor front office decisions.

I recently used Clayton Kershaw as an example. He was getting eerily close to Dan Marino’s fate. But instead has now traveled a similar path as John Elway.

Kershaw isn’t the same level pitcher now that he was 5+ years ago. The difference was, the 2020 team was arguably the best all around team he played on. Unlike many other seasons, he got a lot of help. And that’s exactly what it takes to win titles in team sports. A lot of help. And a lot of good fortune.

It's spelled S A B A N...get the GOAT right....and who on our staff could invest three years to fix his throwing motion?
And HOW many other teams passed on him?...Aaron wasn't drafted third overall ..was he?
Maybe a GOAT of College football but was a clown of a NFL HC. We needed a QB, he drafted a RB....I can spell it as Satan if you'd like!
If you recall in that draft many predicted a massive fall for Rodgers if he didn't get selected early as there weren't many QB needy teams. Also, couldn't careless what other teams drafted or didn't draft as WE needed a QB and WE decided to get a RB and had a real good one sitting there with our #2 selection.

Back
Top Bottom