Go on record, who do you THINK we will draft? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go on record, who do you THINK we will draft?

who's it gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow I doubt you could come up with a more condescending reply without violating the TOS. I’m sorry if I upset you with my post/views or if you’re having a rough day. I actually would love to see why you think a NT has top 5 value. I’m not dug in and am happy to discuss football and learn for others who are like minded. I have watched the tape and see a talented player, no doubt, perhaps even dominant. I just think his value lies outside the top 5 even 10. As a follow up question what are your thoughts on Kinlaw?

First I'd like to say it was not my intention to be condescending and funny thing is I erased a lot of my response because I was afraid it would be viewed as a personal put down. Not my intentions to upset you and you did not upset me.
If you watched the guy play IMO, you should see why I and many others wouldn't have the slightest problem with him as our 5th pick though most would prefer Tua as that pick in which I would also prefer. But found that if you couldn't see the significance and huge value in his film of what he could bring and invision that with Wilkins and the FA we picked up as edge, well so be it.
Actually wanted you to maybe do a little more investigating and possible realize that this vision has actual sense behind it. Not that you had to agree but that you can see the reasoning for it, cause it is a basic point of importance that in my mind Fans should recognize. Not a put down but rather friendly advice to possibly learn from. We all have room to learn including myself and to me this understanding is basic. I guess I screwed up and said it in a negative way which was honestly not my intention.

Like Kinlaw a lot and do think of him as more mid rounder just not on the Brown level.. Very hard to find one guy that can one plug and clog up the interior line and stop a run and put pressure on the QB as Brown does.
Usually you have a run stuffer and another big man more a QB pressurer.

First I'd like to say it was not my intention to be condescending and funny thing is I erased a lot of my response because I was afraid it would be viewed as a personal put down. Not my intentions to upset you and you did not upset me.
If you watched the guy play IMO, you should see why I and many others wouldn't have the slightest problem with him as our 5th pick though most would prefer Tua as that pick in which I would also prefer. But found that if you couldn't see the significance and huge value in his film of what he could bring and invision that with Wilkins and the FA we picked up as edge, well so be it.
Actually wanted you to maybe do a little more investigating and possible realize that this vision has actual sense behind it. Not that you had to agree but that you can see the reasoning for it, cause it is a basic point of importance that in my mind Fans should recognize. Not a put down but rather friendly advice to possibly learn from. We all have room to learn including myself and to me this understanding is basic. I guess I screwed up and said it in a negative way which was honestly not my intention.

Like Kinlaw a lot and do think of him as more mid rounder just not on the Brown level.. Very hard to find one guy that can one plug and clog up the interior line and stop a run and put pressure on the QB as Brown does.
Usually you have a run stuffer and another big man more a QB pressurer.

No worries, context some times gets lost in text. If we had a qb, I’d be more open to Brown at 5, but I just can’t throw away another season as I’m quite sure Fitz will turn back into a pumpkin as he’s done throughout his career. I get that a qb is not the sole cure for our 20 year purgatory, we need a team around him. However Burrow and Tua have high chances to be the center piece of long sustainable winning.

If both Tua and Burrow are gone then I’d honestly rather have Brown than Herbert or love at 5. There’s actually quite a few players at 5 I’d want over Herbert and Love. However I’d also rather give up one of our firsts or a second to trade up to ensure we get our qb even if he doesn’t play much, or at all, this year he’s studying and learning our system ready to hit the ground running year two.

I also think that Miami putting the burrow rumor out there that they might trade up is also a flex on the chargers, basically saying "we can go all the way to #1 if we want", the idea being that the chargers will take the trade up idea off their board out of fear that they can't win. Not a good idea to continue planning on something that doesn't seem to be possible, like outbidding the dolphins.
I've thought that too, but the Chargers would be pretty dumb not to make an offer if that's wanted to do. I dont think any NFL team would just say well... we cant win so we wont even try. If they want Tua and are willing to trade up for him they will make the pitch and if we beat them out then so be it.

I've thought that too, but the Chargers would be pretty dumb not to make an offer if that's wanted to do. I dont think any NFL team would just say well... we cant win so we wont even try. If they want Tua and are willing to trade up for him they will make the pitch and if we beat them out then so be it.

Agree. Any team that wants a targeted player will make what they consider a reasonable offer. The worst that can happen is 'no.'

a week or two ago I would say Tua but Im thinking the Herbert talk is a real possibility. Cant imagine the eruption on here if we trade up to get Herbert and not Tua.

I would rather draft Tua but not by trading up to get him, certainly not if it costs another 1st round pick to move up. He's a risky pick already. Teams are very cautions when using a high draft pick on someone with a recent bad injury and/or injury history. Look at Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith for example, they were both consensus top 15 draft picks that went in the 2nd round due to injury.

But Miami is in a different situation. We have three 1st round picks this year so I feel like we are able to take a gamble a little bit. I think Dolphins would feel better if they could meet with Tua and have their medical staff look at him but given the unique circumstances, they are unable to do so and all they have to go by are what other medical professionals are saying and watching edited video clips of Tua.

My gut is saying though our staff really likes Herbert just as much as Tua and may actually prefer Herbert due to Tua's injury. No one has really mentioned how our QB coach was up close and personal with Herbert at his pro day.

Last edited:
No worries, context some times gets lost in text. If we had a qb, I’d be more open to Brown at 5, but I just can’t throw away another season as I’m quite sure Fitz will turn back into a pumpkin as he’s done throughout his career. I get that a qb is not the sole cure for our 20 year purgatory, we need a team around him. However Burrow and Tua have high chances to be the center piece of long sustainable winning.

If both Tua and Burrow are gone then I’d honestly rather have Brown than Herbert or love at 5. There’s actually quite a few players at 5 I’d want over Herbert and Love. However I’d also rather give up one of our firsts or a second to trade up to ensure we get our qb even if he doesn’t play much, or at all, this year he’s studying and learning our system ready to hit the ground running year two.

Truth and the bottom line is Nobody has a clue.

Our FO is pretty tight lipped and the signs from everywhere else are all over the place.
I don't think there is a scenario that hasn't been mentioned a million times.

There are also going to be some Damn good ones (QB's) coming out next year ( Lawrence & Fields to name a couple) in which we should be in a great spot to take advantage of, especially looking at the Texans disintegration and us owning their first round 2021 pick to use with whatever we end up with.
So the plot thickens even more. How crucial does Flores and Co. feel the QB now is essential ? Or do they feel adding exceptional quality young studs to build all around the team a better approach, while waiting to fill the QB position ? and even how do they feel about Rosen ?
We just haven't a clue..

Though it could be Tua, I think with the workouts, and all the Doctors agreeing he looks good, someone will attempt to draft him ahead of Miami, which will leave us Herbert as our pick...I won't be sad though.

Truth and the bottom line is Nobody has a clue.

Our FO is pretty tight lipped and the signs from everywhere else are all over the place.
I don't think there is a scenario that hasn't been mentioned a million times.

There are also going to be some Damn good ones (QB's) coming out next year ( Lawrence & Fields to name a couple) in which we should be in a great spot to take advantage of, especially looking at the Texans disintegration and us owning their first round 2021 pick to use with whatever we end up with.
So the plot thickens even more. How crucial does Flores and Co. feel the QB now is essential ? Or do they feel adding exceptional quality young studs to build all around the team a better approach, while waiting to fill the QB position ? and even how do they feel about Rosen ?
We just haven't a clue..
I just read an article on the QB's in 2021. There are potentially Four 1st round type QB's they mentioned in the article. It's not as doom and gloom as some make it out to be, if Miami skips the QB @ #5

I just read an article on the QB's in 2021. There are potentially Four 1st round type QB's they mentioned in the article. It's not as doom and gloom as some make it out to be, if Miami skips the QB @ #5
Until next year when some decide not to declare, then those that do our resident qb expert on site will rip them apart and declare thier is only 1 first round rated qb. Oh, and he will go with the first pick while we will be selecting mid round. I guess we can then start discussing 2022 QBs?

Back
Top Bottom