Go on record, who do you THINK we will draft? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go on record, who do you THINK we will draft?

who's it gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We're in a much better position to land a franchise QB this year than we are next. As it stands we have a good chance of landing Tua or Herbert if we stay at 5. If we wait until next season, chances are good we'll be picking lower than 5 as conventional wisdom says we will be better this year than we were last. If Houston doesn't bomb, we're not gonna have a top 10 pick in the first round, probably not a top 12 or 13.

When you look at the picks people have been offering in hypothetical tradeups from 5 to 1 to get Burrow (Multiple 1's and 2's), what's it going to take to move up to 1 for Lawrence next draft and who's to guarantee that whoever is picking 1st will even be interested in trading him? We still have too many holes to trade away a slew of picks for any one player especially when we will most likely have a franchise QB there for the picking when we pick at 5 in the first.

TFK

Conspiracy Theory - Miami trades #5 and #39 to Detroit for #3, then flips that with other picks to get #1 and Burrow. That helps ease the Bengals concern with losing a QB with another team trading above 5.

I think a lot will depend on the test results from Tua coming up this month. If there is concern, i can see them being aggressive with the Bengals.

Interesting point. The only thing I find actually very different and refreshing as hell, is that these new guys don't think out of the same box most of us in here do, so I wouldn't be surprised at pretty much whatever they do and at this stage be supportive no matter how different from what I'd thought.

I mean who had a clue of their approach, thinking and moves last year. These guys are showing another level not seen here since the mid and early Shula days and it's friggin wonderful...
I'm not so much in the "out of the box" mindset.

I think that Flo/Grier have a clear vision, and an actual plan to implement said vision.

It just seems out of the box, because it has been so long since there was a real viable strategy beyond 1 season at a time.

I'm not so much in the "out of the box" mindset.

I think that Flo/Grier have a clear vision, and an actual plan to implement said vision.

It just seems out of the box, because it has been so long since there was a real viable strategy beyond 1 season at a time.

I guess my point was rather confusing . You've nailed it with your statement, " it has been so long since there was a real viable strategy beyond 1 season at a time." instead of actual talked about re-build, that style being the Box of implementation I was confusingly trying to refer to that we had mostly grown accustom to.
Thanks you said a lot better what I was trying to point out.

I prefer Tua.....feeling it will be Herbert.

I'm going on a limb, I'll say Simmons then Love (trade up to about 10-12 from 18) then Jones or Ruiz.

My safe pick is Tua then Jones then Ruiz.

Agree. Any team that wants a targeted player will make what they consider a reasonable offer. The worst that can happen is 'no.'
Not true though. They have limited time and resources to scout players, they have to chose who they want to spend their time on.

I think from the top down, they had a goal.

They made it tougher.

They go Tua or Burrow. How they do it, is the mystery.

TUA and if he isn't there at 5 we go Simmons and make moves to get Jordan Love.

I believe we will draft Herbert
I fear we will draft Tua
I want us to trade down

I think no one in round 1. Trading to #1 doesnt work out and we are not sold on the remaining guys so we build the team and keep looking using all avenues.

We will not trade up unless it’s for Burrow and I don’t think that happens. If you read the characteristics Flo looks for in a QB no way we take Herbert. Bad fit-another Rosen. IMO they let the draft fall to them and it’s Tua. Unfortunately my top pick, Simmons, will be gone.

Back
Top Bottom