Go on record, who do you THINK we will draft? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go on record, who do you THINK we will draft?

who's it gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We will not trade up unless it’s for Burrow and I don’t think that happens. If you read the characteristics Flo looks for in a QB no way we take Herbert. Bad fit-another Rosen. IMO they let the draft fall to them and it’s Tua. Unfortunately my top pick, Simmons, will be gone.

I did a mock simulator and Simmons was available at 5. I picked him at this point, then went on to get Herbert at 18. Strange I know. But, IF Simmons is actually there at 5, I personally think we should take him. He would fill a couple of issues we have.....both LB and S. Our defense would be quite stout. We still should have a shot at Hurts, Fromm, maybe even Love. If none of them pan out by next year, then draft another QB.

From the UK (and a newbie) so apologies all around but have been a Dolphins fan since 1983. Can't see why there is the obsession with taking a QB first round this year? Tua would be a no-brainer if he could last a season but I played a similar sport professionally and no young player that injury prone ever makes it. It's not about talent or fair. The rest just don't seem worth the risk. Would like Simmons, OT, Edge, S, RB, QB in that order.

From the UK (and a newbie) so apologies all around but have been a Dolphins fan since 1983. Can't see why there is the obsession with taking a QB first round this year? Tua would be a no-brainer if he could last a season but I played a similar sport professionally and no young player that injury prone ever makes it. It's not about talent or fair. The rest just don't seem worth the risk. Would like Simmons, OT, Edge, S, RB, QB in that order.
A lot of us want to take a chance on a qb this year, because most likely, we will be unlikely to be within striking distance again next year (or soonish). We want to take a chance on a qb being great- whether thats overcoming the injury question mark, learning the finer aspects of the game and using your incredible tools, or being more than a 1 year wonder.. What is the plan for a qb of the future? Just take whoever we can next year? or the next year? and hope we get lucky as teams do? Nah, we're tired and want to see a young qb get a chance. If he flames out in 4 years, he flames out and we will likely have a whole new regime then anyways.

What is your plan at qb moving forward?

A lot of us want to take a chance on a qb this year, because most likely, we will be unlikely to be within striking distance again next year (or soonish). We want to take a chance on a qb being great- whether thats overcoming the injury question mark, learning the finer aspects of the game and using your incredible tools, or being more than a 1 year wonder.. What is the plan for a qb of the future? Just take whoever we can next year? or the next year? and hope we get lucky as teams do? Nah, we're tired and want to see a young qb get a chance. If he flames out in 4 years, he flames out and we will likely have a whole new regime then anyways.

What is your plan at qb moving forward?
Wouldn't mind seeing how Rosen does behind a decent OL and with a running game tbh. Otherwise, quite like Fromm which is boring I know.

Welcome to Finheaven!!! From one Dolphins Brother to another, from across the pond!!!

Wouldn't mind seeing how Rosen does behind a decent OL and with a running game tbh. Otherwise, quite like Fromm which is boring I know.
Fair enough, you are entitled to an opinion. I feel like Rosen hasn't shown nearly enough to forego picking a qb high. Fromm isnt an early pick... hes an okay qb just doesnt have enough juice in his arm.. I feel like he could be a really great backup qb

Fair enough, you are entitled to an opinion. I feel like Rosen hasn't shown nearly enough to forego picking a qb high. Fromm isnt an early pick... hes an okay qb just doesnt have enough juice in his arm.. I feel like he could be a really great backup qb
That's why I picked him in the 3rd round. Going to be interesting and I do think we'll take a QB at 5. Am probably being a bit conservative as rarely see us draft well.

Prediction- Stay at 5 where they select Tua or Derek Brown. They’ve been tight lipped about both.

If they go Brown, they take a QB with their 2nd pick (Love) and OL with the 3rd.

Brown might just be too good to pass up. Hard choice.

Just stay at 5 unless trading back with Jax for 9 and 20. Take BPA at 5 or 9. If Tua is there at 5, then take him, if he is gone then please take Simmons. QB can be had with 18, 26, 39, or 56.

And please do not take tua.....Because he is the next bust in the NFL...

His injuries are too much to overcome....One good hit and he is out for the rest of his career. Whoever takes him is going to regret it. tHIS GOES FOR THE MORONS WHO SAID RG3 was going to last in the nfl. I still remember going at it with some fool who got mad because i said rg3 was fragile and wouldnt last in the nfl.

AND TAKE LOVE WITH THE 18TH PICK.

Yeah, like Simmons a lot. Anyway thanks for chatting everyone, will be back. Was married to a New Yorker for 15yrs and kids all dual passport so know a little bit about the game. Won't say who her family supported.....

We are excited to invite you to our Virtual Draft Party presented by Bud Light Seltzer in our Miami Dolphins Facebook Group for the 2020 NFL Draft!

We will provide live coverage and exclusive content throughout the Draft and a historic Miami Dolphins first round!

Got this from the team today....

Back
Top Bottom