Go On The Record. Predict Our Record. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go On The Record. Predict Our Record.

What will our regular season record be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I went 9-7. Just enough improvement to give Gase some confidence he made the right call getting rid of Suh and Juice, but too many unprovens on this team to hope all of them magically work out.

On paper this team looks good, but man there are several injury-riddled players at shallow positions that things could unravel in a hurry if the wrong guy gets hurt. Yes you could say that about many teams in the league, but this team has a lot to prove. 9-7 and missing the playoffs seems bad but if this team can build on it next year they can take a big leap forward.

Money goes on 9-7. I truly believe Tannehill makes a huge difference but history shows we will still land in mediocrity.

My hope is the smart personel decisions getting rid of overpriced guys and suring up the oline and LB, and young guys coming into their own in secondary will makes us a true winner.

Seriously? Why am I here???...
This is the Dolphins year! We are going to win the East and have a playoff bye and go to the SuperBowl.

If you do not have your heart in this place then you have to ask yourself - why be here at all?

Every year a team comes from out of no-where. And surprises the league.

Last year it was the Eagles.

So this year I am here - like every freakin year - thinking this year belongs to us - and hey why not?

Honestly, none of us know how good/great Gase can be. Its his team now- he's got his QB - guys are buying in to his thing bigtime. Lets have a run at the damn thing. Its been long enough!

This is the Dolphins year! We are going to win the East and have a playoff bye and go to the SuperBowl.

If you do not have your heart in this place then you have to ask yourself - why be here at all?

Every year a team comes from out of no-where. And surprises the league.

Last year it was the Eagles.

So this year I am here - like every freakin year - thinking this year belongs to us - and hey why not?

Honestly, none of us know how good/great Gase can be. Its his team now- he's got his QB - guys are buying in to his thing bigtime. Lets have a run at the damn thing. Its been long enough!
Because someone believes that the team is headed in the wrong direction does not mean that they are not a fan. I believe everyone on here wants the team to win. I just think some believe we are making the right choices and others think they are making the wrong ones. All fans, but just view the team differently.

I like your enthusiasm and reasoning but to answer your question in simple terms - Repeated Beat Downs.

Repeated optimistic preseasons followed by soul crushing losses to the Jets with a 3rd string QB. When I look at the team and acquisitions I think "man we really should be better this year", when I look at what i thought in prior seasons and the results, I think "oh yeah i don't know squat" and have to default back to history, especially if we are putting money down as the thread indicates!

If we have another six win or less season without any major injuries, do you believe Gase will still be around the next season?

If thats the case I would really like yo see what can he do with another QB and our new TEs

I like your enthusiasm and reasoning but to answer your question in simple terms - Repeated Beat Downs.

Repeated optimistic preseasons followed by soul crushing losses to the Jets with a 3rd string QB. When I look at the team and acquisitions I think "man we really should be better this year", when I look at what i thought in prior seasons and the results, I think "oh yeah i don't know squat" and have to default back to history, especially if we are putting money down as the thread indicates!
Dude don’t worry about it - that is the definition of being a fan!

It’s main purpose is that we live through our team’s ups and downs.

And then like it or not - our fandoms for our team chooses us! “Just when I thought I was out - they pulled me back in again”.

So enjoy! Stick your chest out - why the hell else are we here!

I voted 10-6 but speaking of voting, I need to place my bet on the over (at 6 wins - Vegas).

No one can/will convince me this team isn't better than last year. There is just no way we will have to go through ALL of what happened last year. I can't even think of another team that endured what we went through and we still squeaked out 6 wins.

* lose starting QB
* Lose bye week
* lose a LB (AWOL and then washed)
* lose a starting MLB
* Lose a line coach to lines

That doesn't even get into the other injuries and lack of depth.......

Yea I got us at 7-9. I just think to see 9-7 or better we need a good start as the first part of the schedule is clearly a bit weaker than the second part. But the conditions are not favorable to have a good start as there are a lot of moving pieces and new faces and a QB that hasn’t played in a while.

This could be a team that clearly misses the playoffs but that nobody wants to play late in the season.

I voted 10-6 but speaking of voting, I need to place my bet on the over (at 6 wins - Vegas).

No one can/will convince me this team isn't better than last year. There is just no way we will have to go through ALL of what happened last year. I can't even think of another team that endured what we went through and we still squeaked out 6 wins.

* lose starting QB
* Lose bye week
* lose a LB (AWOL and then washed)
* lose a starting MLB
* Lose a line coach to lines

That doesn't even get into the other injuries and lack of depth.......

Not to mention a schedule that had them flying to the West coast and London to start the season.

Back
Top Bottom