God Bless John Denney | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

God Bless John Denney

I tend to doubt it. It is such a limited roll and overall snaps, to me that would water it down quite a bit. I am sure I will get flamed for saying that though haha.
I wanna say yes based on his longevity, loyalty, and consistency, but it’s hard to put a long snapper up there....

New England blocked 2 Miami punts last year in the 2nd of there 2 games, New England exploited John Denny ( looked like they came right over top of him) he looked old/slow

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/20181213/why-miami-dolphins-had-two-punts-blocked-by-patriots

He has been a great player for us, but his time may be at an end - Flores was part of that team so he should know if Denny was to blame

They definitely saw something on film and in typical Patriots fashion, exploited it.

But he is still very solid and he only counts like 600k on the cap. Its better to have tried and trusted there than somebody new. If the full value of his contract hit the cap then that is another story.

my only thing is, when that day comes that its time to move on from Denney, i dont want it to be another long snapper. i want to see a position player that is either quality depth or starter whenever the time comes. that is the ONLY flaw i've ever seen with Denney is that he's not a position player, i think on madden he's been listed as DL, TE, not on team at all and whatever position was just ****. that and when he decides to hang em up i hope its announced thing before the season is over, that way he can take a snap at HB or TE or something

They definitely saw something on film and in typical Patriots fashion, exploited it.

But he is still very solid and he only counts like 600k on the cap. Its better to have tried and trusted there than somebody new. If the full value of his contract hit the cap then that is another story.
Doesn't matter what his cap hit is, every special teams coordinator in the league now knows he is getting slow and will try to do the exact same thing and it's unacceptable to have a good chance at getting your punts blocked, is he still very solid? it doesn't appear he is. Like I said Flores should know - didn't just happen once it happened twice the exact same way, he is getting slow or the special teams coordinator last year was sub-par.

Can't keep a player on the team just because you like him and he did a great job for you for a long time, he has to be able to still do that job at a very high level

I wanna say yes based on his longevity, loyalty, and consistency, but it’s hard to put a long snapper up there....

Im curious if his total career snap count is even more than a seasons worth of a full time starter. That is why he won't get in...its almost the equivalent of having a star player for one year only, and there isnt even such a thing as a "star" long snapper.

Back
Top Bottom