God Bless John Denney | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

God Bless John Denney

New England blocked 2 Miami punts last year in the 2nd of there 2 games, New England exploited John Denny ( looked like they came right over top of him) he looked old/slow

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/20181213/why-miami-dolphins-had-two-punts-blocked-by-patriots

He has been a great player for us, but his time may be at an end - Flores was part of that team so he should know if Denny was to blame

There's that "this thing happened so the multitude of positives don't matter anymore" argument. Do people even understand what it is to be loyal anymore? Obviously the guy has lost a step....he's freaking 40 years old, but to downplay the impact he's had on this team is ignorant. How many bad snaps have you seen him make in his career, how many down field tackles is he in on, how many times has he been a rock on that ST line.....?

He's been a true team mate to everyone, a leader and more than fair to the contracting aspect of his career. Being on the ring, or even just being considered a revered member of the miami dolphins for life certainly should be an automatic. If only for the fact that he has created a name for himself as a LONG SNAPPER! Where else have you seen a long snapper earn the kind of respect and recognition that he has. He's earned this franchise's respect imo.

There are field goal kickers and punters with a bigger impact on the games thru the years for the Dolphins than John Denny and none of them are up there.

No lack of respect, he has been a great player for us, he had a pivotal roll on the team and performed his role well for a long time, but his roll was to hike the ball hopefully not more than 6 or 8 times a game.

Respect the guy's that are on the ring, it should not be easy to get there. Those are our stars.

You scroll threw the history of Dolphins players and see all of them that are not up there, there's 100's of them.

As far as you insinuating I'm ignorant well you know what you can do, don't ya - if I didn't point it out you wouldn't of had a clue, his time may be up.

Doesn't matter what his cap hit is, every special teams coordinator in the league now knows he is getting slow and will try to do the exact same thing and it's unacceptable to have a good chance at getting your punts blocked, is he still very solid? it doesn't appear he is. Like I said Flores should know - didn't just happen once it happened twice the exact same way, he is getting slow or the special teams coordinator last year was sub-par.
I don’t know if that was a fluke. He’s been nearly mistake-free on snaps and blocking assignments for a long time. If it happens again - Pre-season etc then perhaps it is his time. After the terrible snap in the ‘94 San Diego infamous playoff game that caused Stoyo to only be able to kick the ball about 20 yards and horribly wide, I will never take for granted the importance of a consistently exceptional snapper.

There are field goal kickers and punters with a bigger impact on the games thru the years for the Dolphins than John Denny and none of them are up there.

No lack of respect, he has been a great player for us, he had a pivotal roll on the team and performed his role well for a long time, but his roll was to hike the ball hopefully not more than 6 or 8 times a game.

Respect the guy's that are on the ring, it should not be easy to get there. Those are our stars.

You scroll threw the history of Dolphins players and see all of them that are not up there, there's 100's of them.

As far as you insinuating I'm ignorant well you know what you can do, don't ya - if I didn't point it out you wouldn't of had a clue, his time may be up.
I can see it both ways. Not sure if he belongs in the Ring but would be happy for him if he got there. As for it being time to move on, I’m not sure. I still maintain that NE game could have been a fluke. Don’t forget how many long snaps there are in a game - especially over Denny’s career where our offense was inept and punted a million times or kicked FGs. If we can start scoring 28+ PPG perhaps the importance of being excellent at the position diminishes?

Im curious if his total career snap count is even more than a seasons worth of a full time starter. That is why he won't get in...its almost the equivalent of having a star player for one year only, and there isnt even such a thing as a "star" long snapper.
The offenses he’s played with...probably fill ten seasons of snaps lol

Back
Top Bottom