God Doesn't Lie | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

God Doesn't Lie

Most interesting thing I have heard

Re; Brown vs Benson was on NFL Radio on Sirrius (BTW Sirrius is great. That combined with Direct TV, you will never miss any nfl game, more or less)

Pat Kirwin and Gil Brandt both said they would take Benson bc he is more proven. Kirwin said fact that Benson was the man while Brown started behind Cadillac was important. Whatever, I did not see enough Auburn games to comment on that.

The interesting thing they said was they would be prefer to be the team who picked when only one of the three were left because then they could not be second guessed. I'm with those guys. Beleived that all 3 will have great nfl careers.

Texphinphan

I wonder what it'll take to get an OFFICIAL time, haha, I've seen times on ESPN, NFL.com, and a few others, CNNSI and sportsline i believe. the AVERGAGE was 4.51 "up to" 4.59 so that's what I'm going with. Maybe all the different times are from the different workouts he'd done? IDK

TexPhinPhan said:
Re; Brown vs Benson was on NFL Radio on Sirrius (BTW Sirrius is great. That combined with Direct TV, you will never miss any nfl game, more or less)

Pat Kirwin and Gil Brandt both said they would take Benson bc he is more proven. Kirwin said fact that Benson was the man while Brown started behind Cadillac was important. Whatever, I did not see enough Auburn games to comment on that.

The interesting thing they said was they would be prefer to be the team who picked when only one of the three were left because then they could not be second guessed. I'm with those guys. Beleived that all 3 will have great nfl careers.

Texphinphan

That is a great fact, if we do take one of em at #2, how much second-guessing do you think is going to be going on? Man, that's a TOUGH spot. If us die-hard fans are this divided on Benson/Brown (anyone adamant about Williams) I wonder what the coaches are like, or if they are even thinking about any of the three

Agent51 said:
I wonder what it'll take to get an OFFICIAL time, haha, I've seen times on ESPN, NFL.com, and a few others, CNNSI and sportsline i believe. the AVERGAGE was 4.51 "up to" 4.59 so that's what I'm going with. Maybe all the different times are from the different workouts he'd done? IDK

They posted it after his pro day, I dont know how accurate it is just posting that some people has his 40 as lower than what you posted. You could be right, and either way Benson is a good back.

Agent51 said:
OK, for all you Ronnie Brown worshippers, I have YET ANOTHER Benson + to shoot you down:

From MEL KEIPER (aka GOD) himself:

5Cedric BensonSr.RBTexas
clear.gif
Best blocker among this year's backs.

So thus far the "Brown is way faster" has been shot down, with Benson posting similar times ON GRASS to Brown's 40 times on faster TURF. Now the "Brown is a much better blocker" has been shot down by MEL freakin' KEIPER (who is like NEVER wrong). Benson is the more powerful runner with the abiltiy to make holes and get YAC, so he can make something out of nothing. He is more durable, and he is used to beaing a feature back. SO NOW the only thing Ronnie has on him is "excellent" hands (compared to Benson's "effective" hands) and better "attitude" but it's made out like Benson's attitude sucks, which it doesn't, so really Brown gets the edge in hands and the rest is almost even or for Benson.

Yes I also notice the down arrow from Mel's big board. That says something. Brown also has about 500 less carries on his young legs

I thought indy turf is supposed to be a really slow turf???

so brown is alot faster than benson w/less wear & tear on the body.

Benson has now fallen to pick #14 in Scouts Inc. latest mock draft. They still have us taking Brown at #2.

Their reason?

#2 Pick said:
Benson might be the more powerful runner and Williams might be the most elusive, but Brown is the best overall running back in this year's draft. Brown is big, strong and fast enough to carry a heavy load in the NFL and he also possesses considerably better skills in the passing game than those of Benson and Williams.

#14 Pick said:
Benson could be the odd-man-out of the "Big Three" running back equation if the Cardinals fill their void in a trade for Henry, because Benson has the least amount of versatility and the most amount of baggage. Benson doesn't have great speed or elusiveness.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/news/story?id=2033415

Agent51 said:
OK, for all you Ronnie Brown worshippers, I have YET ANOTHER Benson + to shoot you down:

5Cedric BensonSr.RBTexas
clear.gif

So thus far the "Brown is way faster" has been shot down, with Benson posting similar times ON GRASS to Brown's 40 times on faster TURF. Now the "Brown is a much better blocker" has been shot down by MEL freakin' KEIPER (who is like NEVER wrong). Benson is the more powerful runner with the abiltiy to make holes and get YAC, so he can make something out of nothing. He is more durable, and he is used to beaing a feature back. SO NOW the only thing Ronnie has on him is "excellent" hands (compared to Benson's "effective" hands) and better "attitude" but it's made out like Benson's attitude sucks, which it doesn't, so really Brown gets the edge in hands and the rest is almost even or for Benson.

Have you totally lost your mind? Brown is a 4.4 forty guy whereas Benson ran as high as a 4.59.....there is no comparison, Brown is faster, doesn't matter, we're not taking a back anyway.

TexPhinPhan said:

Texphinphan

I think none of the three are overly special, they all have weaknesses that make them not elite backs.

Agent51 said:

5Cedric BensonSr.RBTexas
clear.gif

I like the big DOWN arrow next to his name. His stock has dropped dramatically buddy.

<Insert 'What if Ricky comes back?' Comment Here>

Sorry. Just hadn't seen someone holding onto the cliff yet in this thread with that one.

IMO: All three of those guys are studs and our offensive guru's will use them to their strengths accordingly. Doesn't sound like Saban wants to pay a RB #2 money, though.

Back
Top Bottom