Godchaux - Maybe done for the year | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Godchaux - Maybe done for the year

Strowbridge is a little light for DT duty at 273 lbs...maybe on passing downs but he's more DE really.

Benito Jones is on the PS and could get the call and Nick Coe is a DE/DT at 291 lbs also on the PS that could get the call.
It's weird that we come out in a 3 man line, with no true NT on the entire roster.

We put Godchaux out there at NT every game (with generally bad results).

Godchaux gets hurt, now what? Benito Santiago?

It's weird that we come out in a 3 man line, with no true NT on the entire roster.

We put Godchaux out there at NT every game (with generally bad results).

Godchaux gets hurt, now what? Benito Santiago?
It's a predicament for sure. And with teams able to protect 4 PS players on their teams it's hard to poach someone again like we did Sieler.

Sieler, Strowbridge, Ogbah, and Lawson can play DE/OLB in a 3-4...although not sure how effective they would be in space. Wilkins can play DE...but I don't think he's capable of NT. That pretty much leaves Raekwon Davis as the space eater at NT. It's not ideal. Playing a 4-3 would be a little easier but then you have to worry about DTs wearing down as the game goes on because of too many snaps.

I would expect Gase to use a heavy dose of LeVeon Bell this week. Should be fun.

It's a predicament for sure. And with teams able to protect 4 PS players on their teams it's hard to poach someone again like we did Sieler.

Sieler, Strowbridge, Ogbah, and Lawson can play DE/OLB in a 3-4...although not sure how effective they would be in space. Wilkins can play DE...but I don't think he's capable of NT. That pretty much leaves Raekwon Davis as the space eater at NT. It's not ideal. Playing a 4-3 would be a little easier but then you have to worry about DTs wearing down as the game goes on because of too many snaps.

I would expect Gase to use a heavy dose of LeVeon Bell this week. Should be fun.
It sounds like more 4 man line, sometimes playing DEs at DT to keep everyone fresh?

It sounds like more 4 man line, sometimes playing DEs at DT to keep everyone fresh?
Would be my guess. We could probably use Ogbah/Strowbridge at DT on passing downs and have AVG line up on the edge just to give the DTs a break. Kind of surprised we didn't have more DTs on the roster but I guess when you carry 7 WRs (and only use 4 of them) you pay the price.

Now it sounds like Godchaux can return towards the end of the year. Always a good thing to have another body.

I’m all for it but as of now I haven’t seen anyone that I’d bypass a playmaker for in the first two rounds. Anyone you see as dominant coming out?
Well, I think Marvin Wilson from Florida State is the top DT. He's worthy of a top 15 pick and potentially could be a Miami target, although I doubt they go there that early. Jaylen Twyman of Pittsburgh gets some Aaron Donald comparisons as someone who can wreck havoc, but he's not a run stopper. Tyler Shelvin of LSU is more of a NT, but if he's there in R3 that would be interesting. I'm sure there are others that I'm missing.

I probably wouldn't look at DT early, but Flores might value that position highly.

Lol. What run D? Our run defense is abysmal and can only get better.

I hope this is the last we see of him in a Dolphins uniform. Seems like a great guy but not a great talent. He is definitely not worth the money he would get in the open market. It is time we see what the other guys at the position have in them.
He is worth whatever any team is willing to pay him. I don’t see him as an impact type of player but he has certainly played well for a player selected later in the draft. I doubt the Dolphins will try to sign him to a new contract unless he is willing to sign a team friendly contract. Hopefully he will have a full recovery from this injury and will go on and have many more years in the NFL, whether it is with the Dolphins or another NFL team.

Damn I like him but he hasn’t done much this year. He’s more suited for a 4-3 Dt rather then 3-4 NT like we’ve played him. Wish him a fast recovery but don’t see him being resigned given our switch to 3-4

Godchaux as a NT is a miscast IMHO. He seems more of a DE in a 3 man front. I know they love is skillset, but I think Miami needs a true NT in the center of the defense. I hope he recovers well enough, without surgery? That's a huge risk. Not sure why his play slipped this year? Not expecting he'll be resigned, either.

Lol. What run D? Our run defense is abysmal and can only get better.

I hope this is the last we see of him in a Dolphins uniform. Seems like a great guy but not a great talent. He is definitely not worth the money he would get in the open market. It is time we see what the other guys at the position have in them.

Miami's 9th in the NFL in points allowed per game on defense and is also top 10 in sacks through 5 games.

Back
Top Bottom