Godchaux - Maybe done for the year | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Godchaux - Maybe done for the year

Damn I like him but he hasn’t done much this year. He’s more suited for a 4-3 Dt rather then 3-4 NT like we’ve played him. Wish him a fast recovery but don’t see him being resigned given our switch to 3-4

I agree. He's best suited to tackle in a 4-3. That's why he doesn't flash as often in this scheme as during the prior regime. Godchaux is like a slightly better version of Earl Mitchell. Both prefer to shed and disrupt, which means they aren't ideal for nose tackle even if the coaches try to force them there. Not enough squat strength, or patience to sacrifice yourself. But neither one has ideal instincts or playmaking ability at tackle, leading to penetrating at the wrong angle as the runner streaks away.

He’s probably done as a dolphin. Thought this was going to be his last year in Miami before the injury.

I want to see what Sisler can do with more playing time. Also, maybe time for Benito to get a chance and see what he can do.

Miami's 9th in the NFL in points allowed per game on defense and is also top 10 in sacks through 5 games.

I said run defense. We are almost last in the league in rushing TD's allowed per game and ranked 20th in rushings yards per game allowed.

Damn that sucks. He’s been our best DT for years. I hope Sizler gets a lot more playing time he’s been better than Davis and Wilkins combined dating back to the end of last yr

I may be in the minority, but I think Miami needs to find another defensive tackle in the draft. Wilkins is solid, he can penetrate and makes some nice plays. But the Dolphins need someone who can be a huge factor in run defense.

With other needs, maybe that's a free agent signing.
What they need to do is stop drafting DTs. Get them in FA they are cheap

I love what this dude has done for us but he’s in or around a contract year. Next man up !

It's weird that we come out in a 3 man line, with no true NT on the entire roster.

We put Godchaux out there at NT every game (with generally bad results).

Godchaux gets hurt, now what? Benito Santiago?
Benito Santiago of the Padres?

I always felt that dude was small for a SS, let alone for a C. I don't think he'd fare well as a NT.

That sounds like the end of him here. He was nevera fit for the flores system. Its not his fault and he will go somewhere and be a solid player

Back
Top Bottom