Godchaux "resigned" that NFL future likely isn't with Miami | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Godchaux "resigned" that NFL future likely isn't with Miami

Should we resign Godchaux

• Total voters
Danny there will be teams that still make a run and pay more. Your right this year is different but next year the cap is sent to go up big time so teams can get creative with contracts.

I think this year we will see a lot of contracts with automatic void years at the end to drop the cap hit

So, like a 5 year deal that automatically voids at 3 or 4 years. Players still get their guaranteed and the team gets another year or two to help spread out the cap hits in the short term

Are you suggesting some agents (lawyers) might be less than honorable?

Hard to believe..........
I negotiate injury settlements for a living right now, and 99 percent of the time attorneys ask for full policy limits of whatever policy is cover the incident. While its frustrating that time is wasted with these tactics, most attorneys legitimately feel they are doing their client a disservice if they don't go ahead and ask for it, and I tend to get it. Of course, this isn't (usually) in a competitive market with limited funds to go around, but I still get the sentiment of asking for a lot to just to test the waters.

I hope we keep him because he's a good player. Money is tight though.

To me he has always been just a guy. Productive at times, but guys like that can be replaced.

You could find DTs late in a draft.

So good for him if he wants to get his money, but we have better uses for that cash.

I will pass, we can get a like player in the draft, a Shelvin in the 3rd would do it.

I will pass, we can get a like player in the draft, a Shelvin in the 3rd would do it.
I like Shelvin as a rotational player for us. A dominant run defender. I see him getting snaps on early run downs or obvious run downs. Just a massive individual, but he also has good hand placement. He doesn't have the range of a Godchaux, but he's tough to move. He can handle double teams and against a single blocker, he's just a wall.

Solid player for a late round draft pick but let him get the money elsewhere.

Especially with the emergence of Sieler and Davis.

I like Shelvin as a rotational player for us. A dominant run defender. I see him getting snaps on early run downs or obvious run downs. Just a massive individual, but he also has good hand placement. He doesn't have the range of a Godchaux, but he's tough to move. He can handle double teams and against a single blocker, he's just a wall.
Yeah, he is massive and I would love to snag him in the 3rd. Some good DT’s this year.

Back
Top Bottom