Goin To Charlotte Tonight | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Goin To Charlotte Tonight

Might want to bring the Antivenom because things could get snappy.

I would be interested on your take of the panthers fans once the game is done. It could be entertaining.

Gonna b leaving shortly, and expect to have a great time. Being he is our favorite nephew, it's gonna be Yuuuuuuuuge, especially if the fins WIIIIINNNNN.

The Ever Remembering The Mad Dog, TOUCHDOWN MIIIII AAAAAAA MMMIIIIII VIPER

Last time I saw a game here Hoops was with me and we won. Ricky Williams scored the game winner IIRC.

I was at that game too in '09, Ricky was going wild and Lousaka Polite was steamrolling their LBs all game.

My Nephew, a big Panther fan, bought us tickets to go with him and his wife to the Monday Night Extravaganza. Very upscale tickets from what I am told, anyway I really hope the Fins can pull this off, if not the harassment will be unbearable.

The Ever Hopeful VIPER

Good man Viper, scream hard for all of us.

come back with a pelt....I vow to stay away for a while 77-9 combined losses to Baltimore over the last two years....lets go Phins

Walked downtown a little while ago...you won't be alone Viper...lots of Fin fans downtown already.

So, here it is. We had a GREAT time in Charlotte, parking was adequate, $25, we took the SUV and not the other car which will not be named, so parking on the gravel, and dirt, no prob _bob. There was a yuuuuuuge contingency of Fin fans tailgating and everyone was like "Fins Up", so we were Fins Upping all night, as soon as we walked out of the parking one of the attendants, a Panther Fan, said "well two out of four is not bad", we laughed, and I turned as we were leaving and said, "Funny how you said two" and he kind of looked at me, then I said, "That’s exact same number of Super Bowls Miami has over the Panthers" He said “aww comon man don’t go there” we all laughed.

We got to the “The Draught” which is right outside of BOA Stadium, and had a little nosh. My Nephew and his wife could not believe the amount of Fin fans, I said “well that’s what Fin fans do, Reppin the Fins”. I didn’t know at the time there was an event there put on by the Charlotte Dolphin Fan Org. I got to talk to the organizer later on, while he was videoing the event, he asked us on video, where we were from, and the Mrs. and I shouted HIALEAH, much to the embarrassment of the Nephew and his wife.

Got to the entrance and there were a serious amount of Fin fans in line, I really was surprised, security was normal and we flew right through. The stadium is very nice, clean bathrooms, the food pricey, but actually not bad for stadium food.

Made our way to our seats, and my nephew would not tell us where we were sitting. Turns out we were at the visitor’s tunnel; he got them so we could see the Fins close-up. Not the greatest seats for watching the game, but really cool for Fin watching. So got to see Dan “The Man”, when he went by all the Fin fans in the area went nuts. It also allowed me to get a good look at the team without pads.

The “Without Pads Evaluation”

Since I had a chance to look these guys over, I figured I would give a few observations. It was funny because at times you expect one thing and you get another.

Mr. Alonso – looked like a regular guy on the street that works out a bit, it was kind of funny because they kept shifting so I am really not so sure who the “official” middle linebacker is, and he seemed to be directing a lot of the “D”, but at any rate he is certainly not built like, Junior Seau, Joey Porter, Kim Bokamper, Bob Brudzinski, Bryan Cox, A.J. Duhe, John Offerdahl, Zach Thomas.

C. Wake – Is exactly what I expected for his position of speed rusher. A guy that one can tell has some very intense workouts.

L. Tunsil – Looks like a light weight Jake Long, I know that he is listed at xxx pounds but, in a shirt and sweats, not impressive other than his height. Oh and as A side note, between the Bong, and his lack of impact this year, it is my observation that he will never be a “Star” in this league. Just does not impress.

J. Cutlery – Pasty White, Paunchy, and a body riddled with Phlebitis no doubt hehehehehe
Everyone else is pretty much what I expected, in outward appearance anyway.

It’s Far Worse In Person Than On TV

Yes it is, many here have said Gaserbeam has lost the locker room, and the team has stopped trying. After being there in person Monday, honestly, I think they played very hard, but it looked like there was a lack of coordination and cohesion, they looked like a group of guys who were not on the same page .

The D.

It looked like Mr. Alonso was the defensive QB, which is a roll generally filled by the middle linebacker in a 4/3, but maybe not in this case. Also, from what I understand, the way a 4/3 D works is the D line middle guards plug up the middle, and keep the O linemen off of the Linebackers so they can plug up and holes, the outside ends a rushing the QB, some coverage, keeping the edge etc. What I saw was nothing like this.

Mr. Alonso was calling changes to the D alignments, but it was if some guys had no Idea what he was telling them, so what happened on quite a few plays, he would yell something, people would shift around from one place then move to another before settling down to a final location. On more than one occasion, the ball was snapped during this confusion, and boom another Panther gain. This did not look like a disguising of coverage, it looked like disorganization, and chickens running around with their heads cut off.

The funniest D play for the Fins goes to #22. He lined up to the defenses right, just ahead of and to the right of Mr. Alonso. Mr. Alonso pointed to something and shouted to him, so he started to move over further to the right, toward the two receivers that the Panthers had lined up in a “pick” formation. There was a corner back there already, and I guess he could not figure out that he should be there also. Well as he was headed over there the ball is snapped, the running back runs right behind and by ol #22. Now you could see by the body language of the receivers, it was like “Hey Brohiem” the play is behind you, they had come off the line, maybe a yard and stopped because the running back was in the Fins secondary already. Finally 22 figures it out, too late Braugh. I really believe he should be released, I know one play does not make a career, but I don’t think a person who is a professional should make this kind of mistake. He really looked hapless.

Also C. Wake was trying to Bull Rush the Panther linemen, it really is strange, because he has to know that the Bull Rush is not his strength, his ability to get to the QB is based on speed, why the change, I can’t figure this out.

N. Suh was double and triple teamed all night, so my question is, you have five linemen, and three are taken up by one guy, where the heck is everyone else???? That leaves three d linemen, and 3 linebackers, and no one can plug a running lane or get into the backfield??? Oh wait they were in the stands eating nachos, or trying to make time with the TopCats. What a revoltin development.

Oh, and to the FH member who told me to relax, and we were fine at LB, “Mr. Dennit, with all due respect, and remember I'm sayin' it with all due respect, that idea ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin' it on.”

How Offensive Can The Offense Be

As it turns out, pretty offensive. Who was the Idiot who came up with the idea that running into the strength of the Panthers, the middle of the D line, with a questionable o line and basically new running backs??? It was great, middle line, stopped, middle line, stopped for a loss, rinse and repeat. I was thinking that if the Germans had gone up right to the middle of the Maginot line, instead of around, maybe, just maybe, ww2 would have been a bit shorter.

And then there is J. Cutlery, and the ground hog passes, yup right into the dirt, I think Gaserbeam is setting up to sign some little people to catch Cutlery’s passes, sheesh. Yeah stick a fork in Cutlery he is done.

Well that’s about it, now about the fans, for the most part they were ok, I am not used to sitting with the common rabble, but in spite of 80% of the folks around us being hammered, and I mean falling down hammered, it was pretty civil. I guess just a reflection of society. Also there was a guy throwing popcorn at me, from behind, so I turned around, and gave the smile that my wife says could kill at 100 Yds, and he stopped, hehehe.

I got to channel The Mad Dog, Touch Dowwwwwn Miiii Ammi, a couple of time so that was great also.

So I am now on the following bandwagon

President and Chief Executive Officer Dan Marino
Executive Vice President, Football Operations Peyton Manning
Head Coach Steve Logan

The Ever Hoping For Better Days VIPER

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom