Going 0-16 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Going 0-16

I'd like to beat the Skins and sweep the Jets.

Go 3-13 and still get the number 1 overall pick.

The NFL should've added that additional game this year so we would be the only time in history to go 0-17. As long as we get the #1 pick, I don't care how many games we lose. As it was at the beginning of the year, this season is all about getting the #1 pick and seeing if Rosen is our qb of the future.

When you look at the Broncos schedule and compare it to the Dolphins remaining schedule, there is a chance the Broncos will end up with the first pick in the draft.

I can see the Dolphins winning a game or two but the Broncos have a decent chance of going 0-16 or 1-15 because they really aren’t a good team. As they keep losing, they might just decide to see if they can do a better job of tanking than the Dolphins so they can draft Tua.
They actually remind me a bit of our own 1-15 team, have the talent to be a 5 win team, played lots of nail biters but the ball never bounced their way. Managing the clock horribly at the end of the game will lose you lots of 50-50 games as well

I don’t think going

I don’t think going 3-13 will get the #1 pick this year. There are a lot of bad teams. It might take going 0-16 or 1-15 to secure the #1 pick.
Wishful thinking! Can't fathom losing to the Gase Jets!

Realistically, I don’t see any team going 0-16. While there are some bad teams this year, no team has a worse roster than us. Not Wash, not the jests, not the bengals. We have the worst roster possibly in the history of modern football and we still could win a random game or two. I don’t care if we go 0-16 as long as we get Tua.

The 1990 Patriots only won a single game. They were unquestionably the worst team in the league that year and had been for a few years running (I saw them in Miami in 1990. It was a Thursday night game and one of the worst football games of all time; Miami fumbled five times). The franchise was considered “the” laughingstock of the league, bar none.

Nobody talks about that era of Patriots football anymore. I’m sure few outside of NE remember it. That’s because within 6 years they went to a Super Bowl and within 15 years they’d built a dynasty that’s still going strong almost thirty years removed from that 1990 season.

If Miami wins a Super Bowl in a few years, that’s the team that will be remembered, not this one. And if they don’t, we’ll they’ll be no worse than the sad sack team they’ve been for the last 15 years.
1-15 will be forgotten like the 07 dolphins. But 0-16 will not be forgotten. Everyone knows about the 08 Lions and 17 Browns.

Realistically, I don’t see any team going 0-16. While there are some bad teams this year, no team has a worse roster than us. Not Wash, not the jests, not the bengals. We have the worst roster possibly in the history of modern football and we still could win a random game or two. I don’t care if we go 0-16 as long as we get Tua.

I can see the Redskins going 0-16 if they don’t beat the Dolphins in two weeks. I looked at their schedule and they don’t have many winnable games. Maybe the Jets at home but Sam Darnold should be back by the time they play them. In other words, the Dolphins better lose to the Redskins if they want to give themselves the best chance to get the first pick.

I hate watching the dolphins lose, but if being terrible this year gives us a chance to get better quickly, I don’t mind. I’d rather that than go 7-9 for another 20 years. That said, this has been the most entertaining season since we were all yelling “wildcat!” at out tvs.

The 1990 Patriots only won a single game. They were unquestionably the worst team in the league that year and had been for a few years running (I saw them in Miami in 1990. It was a Thursday night game and one of the worst football games of all time; Miami fumbled five times). The franchise was considered “the” laughingstock of the league, bar none.

Nobody talks about that era of Patriots football anymore. I’m sure few outside of NE remember it. That’s because within 6 years they went to a Super Bowl and within 15 years they’d built a dynasty that’s still going strong almost thirty years removed from that 1990 season.

If Miami wins a Super Bowl in a few years, that’s the team that will be remembered, not this one. And if they don’t, we’ll they’ll be no worse than the sad sack team they’ve been for the last 15 years.

While i understand your point, i disagree with no one remembering we went 0-16. It's a genital wart that will never go away, even though we may bag a super model after contracting it.

1-15 will be forgotten like the 07 dolphins. But 0-16 will not be forgotten. Everyone knows about the 08 Lions and 17 Browns.
So what? A trivia question? Something another fan base brings up as some sort of tepid "burn"?

"Hurrr, the Dolphins went 0-16 in 2019!"... "Ok, we did it on purpose and now we're a perennial playoff team. And?"

I can see the Redskins going 0-16 if they don’t beat the Dolphins in two weeks. I looked at their schedule and they don’t have many winnable games. Maybe the Jets at home but Sam Darnold should be back by the time they play them. In other words, the Dolphins better lose to the Redskins if they want to give themselves the best chance to get the first pick.
If we can lose to the skins I think we go 0-16

Been a Dolphins fan since 1973. Through the ups and downs. Only thing that would break my heart is if the Dolphins went 0-16. That would make us the only NFL team to go 17-0 and 0-16. For some reason I just can't fathom it.

I don’t believe any true fan is looking forward to or hoping for that. Even the ones dead set on landing the top pick have to be hoping for a win or two while still getting that pick.

Would Washington take Tua with the first pick? If I were them, I would. I guess it depends on what they think about Haskins.

Back
Top Bottom