Going along with the Mock Trend | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Going along with the Mock Trend

finz99

Chief Penguin
Reaction score
Well, I will continue the Mock Draft trend, with my new and improved mock draft. This includes a middle 2nd rounder for Surtain.

Round 1- #2 overall - Braylon Edwards: I honestly dont see us trading down, and if we do, we could be missing out on some of the best players coming out. Braylon Edwards is personally what I call my "cant miss" pick. His attitude is great, he's really improved his hands, and now has amazing hands. People say he comes late to practices and doesnt run full speed, but I have been paying attention to this kid since he got to Michigan, and I saw/heard nothing like that. With him, Chambers, and Booker, they could make A.J Feeley out to be a pretty darn good QB. Other picks in this place could be Brown, Cadillac, Benson, Mike Williams, Aaron Rodgers, Alex Smith, or a trade down.

Round 2- Marion Barber III: This kid is going to be a great back in the NFL IMO. He will be a great backup to Lamar Gordon, and in a few years (maybe even a year), he could be a starter 1,000 yard back. If we pick a RB in the first, then I see Jerome Mathis, Josh Bullocks, or Ernest Shazor. Ernest Shazor definitly slid down because of his horrible pro-day, and he is a solid late second round decision. Josh Bullocks would be the definite pick if a RB is selected first because he is a ball-hawk and a hard hitter, and Jerome Mathis would be a good pick here because of his great "big-play" ability. Also, a sleeper that not many people have talked about in this pick is Luis Castillo. This guy is a great DT, and should be a great one in the NFL.

Round 3- Ben Wilkerson: People have said Ben Wilkerson will be taken by the second round, but I wouldnt put to much money on him being a second round pick. I feel this way because he is the second best C IMO. If Ben is taken before our pick, then I see Donte Nicholson being picked here. Donte Nicholson was overshadowed by Brodney Pool, but is a great hitter and is a playmaker.

Round 4- Juniour Rosegreen: I have pushed for this kid since the end of the college season. This kid can hit, and will be something the Dolphins havent had in a while. He is a great playmaker with good speed for a safety, and if he is here (which I'm 99% he will be) than it would be a mistake to pass on him. If safety is picked in 2nd or 3rd, then look for Andrew Walter, Kyle Orton, or Adrian Mchpherson (If he is still available) to be picked here.

Round 5- David Greene: This guy would be a huge steal if he is here. He has a good arm, and was very productive in his college career (most wins for a QB i think). I would love to see this guy in a Dolphins uniform, and if he is, then in 2 (1 if A.J. and Gus cant do anything) years of learning, he will be able to step in and be a solid QB for our team. If QB is selected earlier, look for a DT or LB being picked with this pick.

Round 7- Boomer Grigsby: I'm not to high on this guy, but only because he comes of as incredibly ****y. He does have some raw talent, that with the right coaching could be a good LB. He could also have great LB's teaching him like Zach and Junior. If LB is picked earlier, then look for a DT or if safety isnt even regarded in the first 6 rounds, then look for James Butler to be a consideration in this pick.

This is just my opinion, and anything could happen draft day. I can tell you one thing though....draft day is going to be awesome.

DonShula84 said:
All I had to see was Edwards to know I wouldnt like it

Hey...anything could happen with that pick...I even said that when I talked about that pick.

finz99 said:
Well, I will continue the Mock Draft trend, with my new and improved mock draft. This includes a middle 2nd rounder for Surtain.

Round 1- #2 overall - Braylon Edwards: I honestly dont see us trading down, and if we do, we could be missing out on some of the best players coming out. Braylon Edwards is personally what I call my "cant miss" pick. His attitude is great, he's really improved his hands, and now has amazing hands. People say he comes late to practices and doesnt run full speed, but I have been paying attention to this kid since he got to Michigan, and I saw/heard nothing like that. With him, Chambers, and Booker, they could make A.J Feeley out to be a pretty darn good QB. Other picks in this place could be Brown, Cadillac, Benson, Mike Williams, Aaron Rodgers, Alex Smith, or a trade down.

Round 2- Marion Barber III: This kid is going to be a great back in the NFL IMO. He will be a great backup to Lamar Gordon, and in a few years (maybe even a year), he could be a starter 1,000 yard back. If we pick a RB in the first, then I see Jerome Mathis, Josh Bullocks, or Ernest Shazor. Ernest Shazor definitly slid down because of his horrible pro-day, and he is a solid late second round decision. Josh Bullocks would be the definite pick if a RB is selected first because he is a ball-hawk and a hard hitter, and Jerome Mathis would be a good pick here because of his great "big-play" ability. Also, a sleeper that not many people have talked about in this pick is Luis Castillo. This guy is a great DT, and should be a great one in the NFL.

Round 3- Ben Wilkerson: People have said Ben Wilkerson will be taken by the second round, but I wouldnt put to much money on him being a second round pick. I feel this way because he is the second best C IMO. If Ben is taken before our pick, then I see Donte Nicholson being picked here. Donte Nicholson was overshadowed by Brodney Pool, but is a great hitter and is a playmaker.

Round 4- Juniour Rosegreen: I have pushed for this kid since the end of the college season. This kid can hit, and will be something the Dolphins havent had in a while. He is a great playmaker with good speed for a safety, and if he is here (which I'm 99% he will be) than it would be a mistake to pass on him. If safety is picked in 2nd or 3rd, then look for Andrew Walter, Kyle Orton, or Adrian Mchpherson (If he is still available) to be picked here.

Round 5- David Greene: This guy would be a huge steal if he is here. He has a good arm, and was very productive in his college career (most wins for a QB i think). I would love to see this guy in a Dolphins uniform, and if he is, then in 2 (1 if A.J. and Gus cant do anything) years of learning, he will be able to step in and be a solid QB for our team. If QB is selected earlier, look for a DT or LB being picked with this pick.

Round 7- Boomer Grigsby: I'm not to high on this guy, but only because he comes of as incredibly ****y. He does have some raw talent, that with the right coaching could be a good LB. He could also have great LB's teaching him like Zach and Junior. If LB is picked earlier, then look for a DT or if safety isnt even regarded in the first 6 rounds, then look for James Butler to be a consideration in this pick.

This is just my opinion, and anything could happen draft day. I can tell you one thing though....draft day is going to be awesome.

No thanks on David Greene, I dont know why people think he will be a steal, or even EVER be a starter in this league..

I would much rather take a RB and see how it goes this year and then take a QB next season, but I wouldnt be mad if we took Smith at #2..

finz99 said:
Hey...anything could happen with that pick...I even said that when I talked about that pick.

Im not bashing you for picking him in your mock, he could definitely end up being our pick, I just hope he isnt.

DonShula84 said:
All I had to see was Edwards to know I wouldnt like it

All I had to see was MBIII and I knew I'd like it...not 100% sold on Braylon yet, though. I like Ronnie Brown or Alex Smith there personally.

Minnphin said:
All I had to see was MBIII and I knew I'd like it...not 100% sold on Braylon yet, though. I like Ronnie Brown or Alex Smith there personally.

Haha I can see you are a big MBIII fan. I think hes going to be awesome in the pro's, and could be a little bit less or as good as the top 3.

Back
Top Bottom