Going forward at WR?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Going forward at WR??

His poor blocking is alarming, which is why he won't be considered until the 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th round

Good, nobody worth a damn can block anyway...I mean, he can block on the perimeter just like Ertz. Ertz eventually got better at blocking.

Since some of us think we are ok at WR, how do you all feel about Ian Thomas as a TE in the 3rd?

Good, nobody worth a damn can block anyway...I mean, he can block on the perimeter just like Ertz. Ertz eventually got better at blocking.

Gronk can block. Jason Witten has been able to block. Kelce is at lest capable of blocking. Clay could block when he was here. Delanie Walker can block.

If you want more than just a big slot receiver (which is basically what gesicki is) you're going to want to get Goedert or Hurst. Or there are some guys in rounds 4-5 (Fumagalli) who are good all around tight ends.

Since some of us think we are ok at WR, how do you all feel about Ian Thomas as a TE in the 3rd?

Relatively unproven in college, and some concerns of durability. He's got the physical tools to be a tight end, but there are players like that every year who don't amount to much in the NFL.

Personally, it's hard for me to look at a guy who was limited in college and think he won't do the same thing in the NFL. Production is the biggest factor for me. Thomas didn't have a ton of production.

Look at Fumagalli for example. He's not talked about hardly at all in this TE class and he has 135 receptions and 1,627 yards in his collegiate career. If Ian Thomas had similar production, with his physical tools, he'd be a first or second round pick.

I will miss Landry but I'm excited to see Grant get more of an opportunity. He could be like Drake. A guy in front him is gone and it becomes go time.

Gronk can block. Jason Witten has been able to block. Kelce is at lest capable of blocking. Clay could block when he was here. Delanie Walker can block.

If you want more than just a big slot receiver (which is basically what gesicki is) you're going to want to get Goedert or Hurst. Or there are some guys in rounds 4-5 (Fumagalli) who are good all around tight ends.

I'm with you. Just last week I was bitchin' about this, but then somebody posted comparison measurables between Gesicki and Mike Evans. Gesicki has better measurables in weird categories like vertical and 3 cone and identical if not better 40 times.

So I'm like eff it, let him stay outside and be what Thomas was supposed to be. I don't give a ****. Tired of trying different matchups defensively with these freaks. Let's just get one for ourselves.

I'm with you. Just last week I was bitchin' about this, but then somebody posted comparison measurables between Gesicki and Mike Evans. Gesicki has better measurables in weird categories like vertical and 3 cone and identical if not better 40 times.

So I'm like eff it, let him stay outside and be what Thomas was supposed to be. I don't give a ****. Tired of trying different matchups defensively with these freaks. Let's just get one for ourselves.

That is a good point, for sure. And who knows, maybe he does develop into a decent blocker. If scouts think he can do that, I'm fine with the pick. He was absolutely killer at Penn State as a security blanket for Trace McSorley.

Also, based on the numbers, he was also very similar to Greg Olsen.

I like Calvin Ridley and Michael Gallup, quite a bit. If Ridley falls in the draft, I’d love to see a scenario where Miami trades down and grabs him while acquiring an additional pick.
Plus, it’s nice to know that he loves the Dolphins and would like playing for them.

For the TE’s, I’m all about Mike Gesicki and Dallas Goedert. Gesicki crushed the combine, so the value proposition won’t be there, but I love the kid anyway. I think the bugaboo on his lack of blocking is overblown, and that can be coached through repetition and practice over time.

We need a dynamic playmaker at the TE position to bust the seams, and Gesicki is one the best in the draft at doing such. The way he high points the football is very impressive, and his speed for a big man is upper echelon stuff. Oh yeah, 41.5 inch vertical jump? Sign me up.

There’s a lot of different ways Miami can go, but I would really be overjoyed with any of those four players: Ridley, Gallup, Goedert, or Gesicki. The bottom line for me, is that I don’t trust DeVante Parker - nor do I believe he plays a full season healthy.

I like several receivers in this draft. For the slot position: Christian Kirk, DJ Moore, James Washington, Anthony Miller, Dante Pettis, and Deontay Burnett are my favorites. Pettis could be a good find based on reasonable draft position and value as a returner.
Non-slot options include: Calvin Ridley, Courtland Sutton, Equanimeous St. Brown and DJ Chark. Chark could be a big play receiver if teamed with Parker and Stills, but I also like Simmie Cobbs as a 3rd or 4th round and Marquez Valdez-Scantling as 7th round option. Robert Foster is another sleeper that could be had in the 7th or maybe even as an udfa. I think Foster has talent and was lost somewhat at Alabama. If he were at a school like Oklahoma State he would have put up better numbers.

Also remember with some many rookie receivers flooding the market there will be some decent vets available at good value.

Draft Mike Gesicki and get Grant more touches. Roll with what we got. Parker at this point nothing special except stretching the field and the occasional deep TD. There is nothing in the first round worth drafting at WR and certainly not top 20. Go double Penn State Barkley and Gesicki whatever it takes. Keep Thill, cut Timmons and Alonso, let the young linebackers and DBs play.

Back
Top Bottom