Good Bye | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good Bye

I mean I’m from the area so I can’t root for any other team but I won’t hate on you.

The funny thing is the vip guys saying “bye”. Like y’all pay extra money to talk about the most retarded franchise in the nfl.
giphy.gif

What games were you watching or statistics you can point to, to make the Claim he is the best since Marino..... Rosen was trash last season and his team just bailed on him after 1 season...

Blind optimism is what gets franchises stuck in 20 plus years of mediocrity

Talented doesn't mean productive. It just means he's got skills. Which he does. That's why he was drafted 10th overall in an insane QB draft.

There’s a large part of the Dolphin fan base that I’ll never understand. We’ve complained for years (and rightfully so) about the fact that Miami doesn’t take chances in trying to find a franchise QB. Now, we’ve got fans claiming to leave the fan base because Miami gave up the #62 pick for a QB that was the #10 pick plus a 3rd and 5th just 12 months ago. These people act like with adding Rosen, Miami has concluded their search with a new QB. I think just the opposite. With 13 draft picks headed into next year, I think this season is merely us taking Rosen out for a test drive. If he gets on the field and underwhelms, Miami still has more than enough ammo to get the QB of their choice next year and Rosen will simply become a back-up QB on a rookie contract.
Good luck with that cancer in the locker room after your replace him with a rookie QB. Sorry but if the Dolphins draft a top QB in 2020 they will be in a similar position as the Cardinals were in this year. Only diffrence is the net return. The Cardinals spent a top 10 pick plus a 3rd and 5th on Rosen while getting pick 62 the following year plus a 5th rounder 2 years after picking him. IMO the Dolphins will most likely be trading Rosen for a bottom 200 pick in 2020.

Good luck with that cancer in the locker room after your replace him with a rookie QB. Sorry but if the Dolphins draft a top QB in 2020 they will be in a similar position as the Cardinals were in this year. Only diffrence is the net return. The Cardinals spent a top 10 pick on Rosen while getting pick 62 the following year plus a 5th rounder 2 years after picking him. IMO the Dolphins will most likely be trading Rosen for a bottom 200 pick in 2020.
Seeing how we were the only team dumb enough to even be interested in Rosen I doubt we get anything for him if he sucks next year.

The funny thing is that if Rosen is as bad as as the grumpy guys on here think he is, it will only put us in better position to draft whatever dream QB prospect they think can come in and not struggle on a team coached on the level of Cam Cameron like last year's Cardinals. This is such a huge win/win yet who have been casting their hopes on next year's messiah first round QB since Marino just can't freaking see it.

The funny thing is that if Rosen is as bad as as the grumpy guys on here think he is, it will only put us in better position to draft whatever dream QB prospect they think can come in and not struggle on a team coached on the level of Cam Cameron like last year's Cardinals. This is such a huge win/win yet who have been casting their hopes on next year's messiah first round QB since Marino just can't freaking see it.
Its because we went 21 years and have only drafted a 1st round QB ONE TIME!!!

Getting Rosen tonight for a 2nd rounder is high enough for our FO to give him a few years trying to get better, honestly I give us a 10% chance of drafting a QB next year in round 1.

Good luck with that cancer in the locker room after your replace him with a rookie QB. Sorry but if the Dolphins draft a top QB in 2020 they will be in a similar position as the Cardinals were in this year. Only diffrence is the net return. The Cardinals spent a top 10 pick on Rosen while getting pick 62 the following year plus a 5th rounder 2 years after picking him. IMO the Dolphins will most likely be trading Rosen for a bottom 200 pick in 2020.

If Rosen sucks then the Dolphins might cut him but who cares? They get a chance to give a franchise QB prospect a test drive for marginal compensation, a low risk, massively high reward potential deal. If this chance at a first round caliber QB doesn't work out then they can just draft one next year, likely with their own pick if he sucks as bad as people are imagining. Most teams have to give up a boatload of picks to move up to take a chance on one potential franchise QB, a QB that is more likely than not to bust.

I know all the fans on this board that follow and track college ball way more than me (my nephew is a sophomore at ND and my daughter a freshman at Colgate so those are the only teams I follow college lol) will tell me that the body of work for Josh Rosen is hot trash and despite the horrific situation in Zona last year so was his NFL performance. Now I will have to agree with all of you "experts" since I did not do a thorough forensic analysis on this kid like you all obviously did in your free time. I haven't watched all that film. I am an inferior Phins fan for 47 years, I apologize for that but I am going with the consensus "expert" wisdom that all crap aside, we essentially gave up a mid 2nd rounder this year for a mid-late second rounder next year to get a top 10 drafted QB from last year. And I do remember last year's draft. There was buzz for Rosen and he was talked about a LOT throughout the first round in terms of his upside. So when all the hand waving is done, we took a COMPLETE stud defensive lineman with our first pick in my opinion (a CLEAR position of need) and got a low risk upside QB with friendly contract, and punted our 2nd round to next year all while we are in a 3 year rebuild and loaded for bear for follow moves in the draft and free agency nest year. If you don't have the stomach for this rebuild get off the bus - seriously you are not really a Dolphins fan. If you like the movie My Cousin Vinny, it totally reminds me of this scene.

What games were you watching or statistics you can point to, to make the Claim he is the best since Marino..... Rosen was trash last season and his team just bailed on him after 1 season...

Blind optimism is what gets franchises stuck in 20 plus years of mediocrity
Yes, optimistic fanbases = mediocre teams. Thank goodness we have the formidable intellect of Mr. Chad Rico to guide us all.

Unless you have Griers number in your phone, it doesn't matter one bit what you or the rest of us think. You're a fan. If you can't enjoy a bit of blind optimism on draft day, I'd suggest finding another hobby to spend your time on.

Seriously, what's the point?

For fans who are down on this trade I found this snippet on PFT:

"To summarize, then, the Cardinals gave up their 2018 first-round pick, 2018 third-round pick, and 2018 fifth-round pick for one year with Josh Rosen, Andy Isabella, and a fifth-round pick next year. They also paid Rosen more than $11 million, transferring to Miami a contract that pays out only $6.2 million over the next three years."

Not saying Rosen will be the answer but from that statement it's pretty clear we weren't the ones who dropped the soap on this one.
Are you saying we prison raped the Cardinals?

Good luck with that cancer in the locker room after your replace him with a rookie QB. Sorry but if the Dolphins draft a top QB in 2020 they will be in a similar position as the Cardinals were in this year. Only diffrence is the net return. The Cardinals spent a top 10 pick plus a 3rd and 5th on Rosen while getting pick 62 the following year plus a 5th rounder 2 years after picking him. IMO the Dolphins will most likely be trading Rosen for a bottom 200 pick in 2020.

You may be right.

Or maybe, a team trading up to number 10 for you, then picking your replacement at #1 overall the following year is one situation.

Being dealt for a low 2, playing poorly in your second year (if that happens), then your second team drafts your replacement high (if that happens, maybe you go "hmm, I'm not as good as I think I am."

Everything isn't static. Everything isn't black and white. Everything isn't status quo.

What happens 12 months from now may go exactly as you describe it, but there are a lot of factors and variables that say it won't.

Better arm for sure... better touch...I think better instincts... we’ll see if he develops!

Josh Rosen doesn't have a better throwing arm than Ryan Tannehill. He does have a good throwing arm, though.

Back
Top Bottom